Table of contents:
- 1 Assortment: what materials are made of
- 2 Tips for installing posts: we take into account the features soil
- 3 Installation of fence supports
- 4 Video: installing metal fence posts
- 5 photos
Which fence posts should you choose? It’s mainly depends on the amount of finances that you are willing to invest, and Of course, from aesthetic preferences.
Assortment: what materials are made of
You can make columns for the fence with your own hands from concrete, brick, wood. Let’s find out the characteristics of the supports made of these materials, and analyze the features of their installation.
|Brick fence pillars||Pillars made of wood cannot be called cheap, but at the same time they have short operational period. Even when processing material special antiseptic agents, they will not last more than 10 years. If your choice fell on wooden supports, process their solution of copper sulfate. Their use is possible during installation fences for a front garden, low hedge or temporary fencing.|
|Concrete pillars for the fence||Asbestos cement pipes can be called economical, while they quite durable, not susceptible to decay. However mounting the lag to them difficult, so you have to use different clamps and girths. Another significant minus is the need to close pipe surface from precipitation. Otherwise, when installing such clay pillars with poor drainage and the absence of a protective umbrella on the pipe accumulates water in it. IN as a result, in the cold, the water freezes, it bursts the pipe and it bursts.|
|Foundation||Metal racks are most relevant. Have high operational, technological, strength and quality characteristics, at the same time at an affordable cost. At moisture can also burst such pipes, but this is unlikely somehow affect their service and cause trouble to the owner.|
|Installation diagram pillars||Pillars made of concrete are mainly made independently, since the purchase of finished products is of high price. Process their production time-consuming, however, it pays off for a long time period of use.|
|Device drainage fence posts||The brick supports are very beautiful but heavy. Their installation requires a foundation and dressing with each other. Installation of such poles is to install a metal pipe and its lining a brick. However, it is worth noting that if technology is not followed installation, poles will later begin to warp and fall apart, as a result of the aesthetic and rich look does not remain and trace.|
Tips for installing poles: taking into account the features of the soil
- The installation method depends on the type of soil. Used frequently next method: a hole is made in the ground under the pipe, and the remaining the space is filled with concrete mortar. But this way permissible only in the presence of light non-porous sandy soil. IN otherwise the heaving soil will push out such a support, and it warps.
- In order to get rid of such a problem, many take the decision to dig a hole deeper than the ground freezes, with optional expansion device. This method requires a lot concrete consumption, labor and materials, and as a result it turns half-rooted in a pillar. This method is not meaningless, but the problem can be solved more economically and effectively.
- On sandy ground, it is meaningless to use concrete mortar. Wells for pipes are made in accordance with their diameter. However, to do this, you must have a minimum skills in drilling vertical holes.
- The following method can be called universal, intended for digging pillars into any type of soil, without the use of concrete. To do this, you must initially drill holes for racks bigger than necessary size. After installing the support the space is not poured with a solution of concrete, but covered with fine gravel fractions and ram. Thanks to this, a wonderful drainage system.
Installation of fence
Mounted poles can withstand impact negative factors without deforming and not warping at the same time. The root cause of support deformation is heaving soil. At using concrete mix groundwater cannot pass through obstacle and, freezing, push the pillar to the surface, and in the case of with crushed stone, the water goes down below the freezing ground and is absorbed into soil without affecting the pillars.
Brick building Fence Installation on heaving soil will sooner or later lead to sad consequences and instead of reinforcing measures exposure to it is enough to turn it into non-porous, by laying crushed stone drainage pillows. Please note that the fossa should be dug below freezing, and dig one third of its total length. In that case, it will last a long time and will stand reliably, without causing problems.
In a similar way, it is worth installing pillars of brick, having previously built a drainage pillow under the foundation.
That’s all the basic principles that are worth remembering and observing. during the construction of the fence, regardless of the place of its construction and destination. This eliminates the need for repairs and replacement. rickety pillars for new ones.
Video: installing metal fence posts
Pillars from asbestos cement
Bricklaying the fence
Concrete decorative fence