The effective decision for a hall
In order to beat the interior decision, sometimes enough the most basic and uncomplicated elements, such as, for example wall shelves. However, you need to choose the right design, not forgetting also about the aesthetics of the product. About how not to make a mistake with the choice forms, material and at the same time do not overpay for the brand – read Further.
- Mount Types
- Interior Application
- Principles of Decor
The leather belt mount looks stylish
Among the variety of sizes, materials and shapes The following types can be distinguished:
- The classic version is the most common type of products: they are simple, convenient in installation and production. A variety of shelf shapes are available – asymmetric, simple rectangular, decorative.
- Corner shelves are different from the previous version. mounting method, as they are placed on two adjacent walls.
Advice! This is the best option for a bathroom or pantry.
In addition, on the shelf you can keep books and various baubles, it can be used as a lamp holder
Modern living room interior
These shelves look good in the loft style.
- Hanging – a simple and easy option that made by hanging the structure to the ceiling or vertical racks.
- Floor or shelves supported by most used in corridors or hallways, as well as in rooms where not saving space is important.
Brick wall and glass in a modern interior
Creative options save space and decorate a room, which no matter its owner
By functionality, wall shelves can be divided into such kinds:
- Bookshelves. Usually made from enough durable material to support the weight of a large number of books.
- Glass shelves for accessories. Such options are used for placing light decorative objects or photographs.
- Kitchen shelves. This species is presented with increased requirements, they should be easy to clean. Most often performed from metal or glass.
In order to understand which model and configuration you to choose, it is also worth knowing about ways of fastening shelves:
- Movable modular. The upper ones are supported by the lower tier. designs. Shapes and sizes are presented the most diverse, so the same as the color scheme: can be plain or contrast in relation to each other.
- With fixation. This option involves fixing frame dowels to the floor, walls and ceiling. Of the disadvantages you can note that changing the configuration is quite difficult, like to dismantle.
- Detachable design. In this case, the mount occurs with staples. In this case, it becomes possible to rearrange, change the configuration and arrangement of elements.
- With hidden mount. Outwardly look as if glued to the wall.
As a material for the production can be used various options – it all depends on the functional characteristics of the product and its location. It can be:
- Artificial materials or plastic. Use such designs are possible in any room. The material can imitate texture of wood, stone. Easy to care and handle.
Plastic is good for hi-tech style
Metal and wood in a country style interior
- Metal allows you to create durable durable furniture. is he suitable for interiors in the style of hi-tech, modern, but hardly fits into classics.
Important! May be subject to corrosion, therefore necessary special conditions of use of the product.
- Natural wood and materials made from it (particleboard, MDF and so on), are easy to process, have a long service life, which can be increased if treated with special compounds.
Book and souvenir rack suitable for loft style
- Glass or mirror. The main disadvantage is fragility. FROM using such material, you can create light, weightless, transparent things that will give the interior a certain charm.
Shelves can be placed anywhere in the house. Very often this type of design, designers use to design the cabinet, more often in total they are placed above the working surface of the table. Can also apply them over the surface of the sofa.
Advice! So that the wall space is not empty, designers suggest placing open wall shelves.
Interior from IKEA
Shelves can carry both decorative and practical functions. On the such designs can be arranged books, magazines or small decor items.
Advice! For the bedroom interior, you can use the option placing over the head of the bed, in which case it will be similar with the previous option.
- A special design technique – the ability to close the window with light transparent glass shelves. In this case, they are installed into the window opening the entire width. Most often, the decor on them will be serve indoor plants or glass souvenirs.
The interior of the nursery from IKEA
Teen Boy Room Solution
- Another special application in the interior are shelves for niches. Most often it looks like a built-in closet or open bookcase. In this case, a few shelves, to create a decorative effect, you can use recessed lights.
- It is very convenient to close empty walls with various designs. However, you need to choose them in accordance with the style of the interior. premises and decide which items will be placed on them.
Homemade shelves from old suitcases
Some cooking utensils can be kept handy without folding them in lockers
If we talk about country country styles or Provence, then the shelves in interior design – rather a necessity. Often post this piece of furniture in the upper tiers of the room instead of wall cabinets. They make it from natural wood, which can be painted or varnished. Forged options may occur openwork metal.
Advice! To create an interior in the style of minimalism, preference should be given to light, weightless transparent designs. They are made of glass or plastic, sometimes chromed metal is used. Mounts are selectable hidden type.
Scandinavian style is famous for its simple and comfortable. setting
Refined shelf with elegant high-tech accessories
Minimalism in the interior
The fate depends on the place chosen for fastening the shelf home plants. But you can creatively and successfully protect them in addition, as in the photo: sections of the plastic fence for flower beds
- But the classic requires massive pieces of furniture. It can to be decorated with natural wood or plaster stucco molding. Forged furniture is also used forged elements.
- Modern allows you to use the most various materials – it can be inexpensive plastic or MDF.
Advice! The combination of concise forms and clear symmetry allows you to decorate the interior of any room.
The choice of style in the design decision remains with the owner premises. Hinged shelves can be combined with almost any of existing styles. The main thing is to know the features of each and Choose the right furniture option.
Unusual shelves made of metal for small interior accessories
Wooden crates can be given a second life
Art Nouveau colored plastic chairs
Principles of interior decoration
Shelves are an element of decor that is complemented by things, placed on them. All items are subject to these rules. arrangement:
- The construction of triangles. In order to get a logical and harmonious placement of objects, they must be arranged correct in size, color and purpose. For each item a certain place is required. Same things must be placed so that they are at the heights of an imaginary the triangle. All shelf options are subject to decoration, as these structures are open and objects located on them, are viewed.
- The important point is that the size of the triangle can to be any, it does not have to be isosceles.
- Layering. Furniture needs to be used not only in height, but also in depth, harmoniously combining the placement of low and high things.
- Free space in the interior. Crammed to capacity shelving books look very bulky, and decorative items in a large group they look like a shapeless bunch.
Advice! If you place objects at certain intervals, you can achieve the ease of the whole composition.
- Symmetry. This option to place objects in space allows you to create an illusory perspective.
- Beautiful on top. Heavy and bulky as well as functional items need to be placed below, but decorative, on the contrary, put on the upper tier. Do not forget about the combination of colors (bright and saturated look best with delicate and pastel).
For more information about the options for shelves, see the video: