Finishing tile has an attractive appearance and is stable to the effects of negative factors
The specific atmosphere is dry, in particular humidity and elevated temperatures, obliges owners to be careful to the choice of materials for wall covering. However, given this moment, I still want to create an individual interior. There are many opportunities in the modern world for this! But so that you not confused among the deceptive variety of building materials, we prepared a detailed guide on the most popular and functional types of finishes. So, let’s get started?
- Material requirements
- A rock
- Cork walls
- Wooden lining
- Decorative plaster
- Plastic panels
Effective combination of finishing materials and color execution
There are a number of criteria that apply to materials for kitchen finishes:
- resistance to increased humidity in the atmosphere and splashing hot water;
- preservation of external qualities under the influence of high temperature
- resistance to cleaning chemicals surface;
- lack of predisposition to the multiplication of bacteria and fungi.
Advice! Often different materials are combined in different areas. kitchen, this allows you to achieve the optimal ratio operational and decorative qualities.
|Finish option||Key Features|
|Tile||• impact resistance and ease of care • no deformation under moisture • resistant to steam and high temperatures • resistance to chemical cleaning agents|
|Fake diamond||• environmentally friendly material • durability • resistance to fungi and bacteria • cheaper than natural stone|
|Brickwork||• good heat and sound insulation of the room • does not require additional decorative finishes • affordable and inexpensive material|
|Cork and cork panels||• natural and environmentally friendly material • repellent dirt and dust • sound absorption characteristics|
|Wooden lining||• natural material • shock and scratch resistance (with varnishing) • easy to clean with soapy solutions|
|Mosaic||• excellent decorative qualities and the ability to create accent area • easy care • strength and durability • requires more labor-intensive styling|
|Decorative plaster||• perfectly masks any defects on the surface • enough waterproof • the ability to create any relief on the wall • relative cheapness|
|Pvc panels||• simplicity in leaving and operation • budgetary price tag • lack of resistance to high temperatures • possibility adapt panels to any kitchen design|
For decoration, ceramic tiles are most often used, since it is an ideal material in the ratio of price and quality. For its use in the kitchen requires that she possess the following properties:
- strength and impact resistance;
- ease in leaving;
- lack of deformation under the influence of moisture;
- resistance to steam and high temperatures;
- resistance to chemical cleaning agents.
Harmonious image of a small space decorated with small tiled
Important! The key is tile size. Exist rule: if the size of the tile is large, then it visually reduces the room, and the small format material increases it.
Modern design of the kitchen work area
When laying tile for an apron, it should be a single composition with the furniture set of the kitchen. In this case, most often the colors on an apron echoes with shades of countertops.
Advice! Walls should be finished with plain material or with fine pattern so that the room is not motley. For the floor you need take tiles from the same collection as for the wall. Bright decorative inserts should be used metered so as not to allow variegation.
Original tile for an apron in the form of scales
When choosing a ceramic tile, you should adhere to specific rules:
- Check the surface of the tile for cracks, chips and irregularities;
- after measurements are taken and the quantity is calculated the necessary material, it is worth increasing the amount by 10 percent;
- tile on the wall should not have rough and uneven surface, otherwise it will be difficult to wash;
- pay attention to such moments: light and plain tiles shows dirt strongly, it will have to be washed often. And the dark shades will emphasize cracks and flaws.
Important! Decorative drawings will require a certain skill in styling, as this complicates the process.
Artificial material completely imitates natural stone, but has several advantages:
- by weight lighter than natural material – this simplifies delivery and mounting;
- durability due to increased performance strength;
- environmentally friendly material;
- bacteria and fungus do not multiply on it;
- easy to care.
Advice! For the kitchen, it is better to take materials with moisture resistant properties, because in this room the humidity is high. Use decorative stone to emphasize some moments or interior elements. It is easy to combine with others. facing materials, but it is necessary that all this fit into single stylistic decision.
Many styles suggest using as wall decoration. brickwork. It can be not only real masonry from brick, but also its imitation with special panels or wallpapers. If talking about a real unplastered brick wall, you need to know that in this case it is covered with special compounds. it helps create a protective layer.
On a note! Complete all walls with brickwork It is possible only in a large and spacious room. Most often with her help emphasize the design solution of the interior. Sometimes masonry is painted with waterproof paint in light shades.
This is a natural material that is made from bark. Mediterranean oak. For convenience, cork material produced in rolls or tiles, sometimes found in liquid form and even as paper-based wallpapers.
Before buying material, decide which type is suitable for you.
- In rolls, cork material is released without additional processing, therefore, to improve its characteristics, the surface it is worth opening with wax or varnish. The advantages are the lack of horizontal seams and a good combination with other finishing materials.
- Cork plates consist of two layers. The first is the backing, the second is the front part, which is made of cork veneer.
- Cork wallpapers are considered the most inexpensive. The basis is varnished paper with a layer of cork veneer. Pasting happens the same way as when using ordinary wallpaper.
- Liquid plug is used for outdoor decoration, because it has moisture protective properties. It is applied to the walls by spraying. It serves as noise and heat insulation.
Cork wallpapers have an attractive appearance
Wall paneling has been used for a long time. it due to the variety of varieties of wood, the relief of the board, the shape joints.
Important! To create a protective layer, the lining is varnished. This allows you to treat the surface with soapy solutions by wet cleaning.
Seamless lining is perfect for room decoration in country house
For the kitchen, alder or pine is most often used. Profile selected in accordance with the wishes of the customer. He can be It is presented in such types:
- double-sided lining (seamless);
- block house (imitation of logs);
- wooden imitation of brickwork.
Decorative lining made of wood imitating logs
Specifications! The benefits of using wood are its naturalness, strength and resistance to shock.
With its help, you can give the room a certain “zest”. She It is different in color, pattern and texture. Applying mosaic on walls, you can make a bright accent on any detail. For instance, use for apron and countertops. It can be made of plastic, glass, mirrors, smalt, metal, ceramics, natural stone or wood.
An interesting solution for a kitchen apron in the form of a mirror mosaics
Note! In shape, it can be in the form of a circle, rhombus, oval, rectangle or square. Met by individual parts or a continuous cloth.
Mosaic is resistant to temperature extremes and many others. harmful factors
Using the mosaic, you can finish the working wall – this is the most common solution. She also looks good on countertops. By creating a panel on the wall, you get an option that will become a real decoration of the room.
Advice! You can apply mosaic on the floor, creating intricate patterns or combining different in composition materials.
Mosaic is pretty easy to clean.
Textured wall covering consists of several layers: primer, base and decorative. Material happens artificial and natural:
- mineral – dry mix with the addition of granite or marble crumbs;
- acrylic is based on acrylic resins;
- silicone – using synthetic resins;
- silicate is based on liquid glass.
Sgraffito decorative plaster
In appearance, there are several application options decorative plaster. The most popular are:
- Imitation of a natural stone. This species includes the Venetian and Moroccan plaster. She repeats the texture of marble travertine and other stones. This option is used in classic interior or art nouveau designs, art deco and even minimalism. The difficulty in doing this is that the surface The walls should be perfectly flat.
- Graffito looks on the wall as an applique or imitates aged surface. On the prepared wall, several multi-colored layers in the upper layer using a stencil cut out picture.
- Imitation of silk or velvet. The composition includes pearlescent particles reflecting light, which helps to get a deep texture. However, the wear resistance of such a material is quite small.
- Antique decorative plaster (craquelure, bark beetle). the effect aged surface obtained by coating with small cracks surface of the wall. A special composition is applied to the wall, with when it dries, it cracks. Bark beetle is obtained using filler, which can be both small and large fractions. The texture and appearance of the pattern on the finished surface depends on this.
- Imitation of a concrete wall – it is usually a little rough with particles of sand and small pebbles.
Natural stone floor and wall coverings
Due to the many positive properties of PVC panels, they are often used for wall cladding. They are easy to clean and resistant to detergents, in addition, do not accumulate on them bacteria. Moisture resistance and electrical safety is another plus in favor plastic panels. A variety of variations of colors and shades allows you to use them in different styles of interior.
Advice! One of their disadvantages is low stability. to the effects of high temperatures, so do not dispose material near an open flame.
Plastic panels are one of the most affordable options for wall decoration
Important! Plastic panels are installed in two ways: on a frame assembled from a profile or a wooden beam, and gluing to the wall. The choice of method depends on the individual wall covering characteristics and the specific situation. At preparing for the second method, you need to stock up on the right the amount of adhesive solution.
Finally, it is worth noting that for wall cladding you can take any option from the variety presented on construction market. Whatever version of wall decoration in the kitchen you chosen, it must be combined with the rest of the interior and create a single style composition with furniture and decor elements.