- TV in the kitchen: features of choice
- Ideas for placing a TV in the kitchen: we select a place
- TV in the kitchen – photo
The kitchen is a place where the family spends enough a lot of time. Cooking is, in most cases, a process. monotonous enough, so there is a desire to entertain yourself with something. You can, of course, listen to music, but a person by nature maximalist, therefore, it is quite natural that in the role of “entertainer” TV is much more likely than radio or record player.
Due to the presence in the kitchen or kitchen studio TV you are not can skip your favorite show or movie
Also, having a morning cup of coffee while browsing the morning news, a person as if joins the working rhythm of life, receiving and processing the first piece of information.
Choosing the right channel you can quickly and correctly. prepare yourself for any day
Or listening to good music, tunes in a positive way. Often, determining the installation location of the second TV, preference is given precisely to the kitchen, and not, for example, the bedroom. So the small and big TVs in steel kitchen interior design almost a must-have design element.
The development of technology has made TVs much more compact
When installed in the right place, the TV will not interfere and take too much attention
TV in the kitchen: features of choice
A fairly common approach is to buy a new TV in the living room, and the old one sent to the kitchen, is not always justified. On small kitchen (6-9 m2) TV with a diagonal larger than 22 inches it will look like a real whopper, it will be uncomfortable to watch it – eyes will be problematic to cover the whole picture as a whole. Besides Moreover, it is harmful to eyesight. Yes, and the main problem – maybe it turns out that there’s simply nowhere to put such a TV.
Do not forget that the TV can be hung on special fastenings
Therefore, nevertheless, for the kitchen, it is worth choosing a TV separately, with three characteristics will become decisive:
- screen size is a classic rule that states that the distance to the TV should be 3-4 diagonal lengths TV in the kitchen does not quite work. A simple example is while cooking, the hostess constantly moves around the kitchen, and this the distance will constantly change. Therefore, the diagonal is select, based more on the size of the kitchen, so that the TV can fit in harmoniously. For small kitchens (up to 9 m2) should choose models with a diagonal of not more than 20 inches, for enough spacious – with a diagonal of up to 36 dm, and for a kitchen studio – from 40 inches
Small screen size is suitable for people who need any background
Large TV is perfect for a kitchen studio
- viewing angle – it is known that the image quality of LCD screens very much depends on what angle to look at them. At as the angle increases, the image brightness begins to decline until that it is inverted, i.e. literally turns into a negative. This parameter is qualitatively determined by the viewing angle – the greatest angle to the plane of the screen at which no image distortion. Since the mistress in the kitchen is in motion, she will have to watch TV under different corners, including – and under very sharp. Even if the TV movable (or mounted on a movable bracket), each time turning it is an unfortunate waste of time and effort.
Even mobile TVs are usually installed in the most convenient position and move them quite rarely
Find the most viewed place from all sides in the kitchen, it will be a great place for tv
One of the preferred TV locations is place opposite the dining table
The viewing angle (its value) strongly depends on the quality of the matrix, the higher it is, the angle, respectively, is larger, but also the price TV is higher. The largest angle (178 °) have screens based on IPS matrices, but such televisions are premium and quite expensive. Therefore, the TV is quite suitable for the kitchen, having a viewing angle within 170 °. Some companies offer especially for the kitchen, very affordable TV models, having an angle of view of the order of 160 ° – this is quite enough for a small kitchen, elongated in length – in such there are almost no places where the image will be visible from distortions. Much more important for a kitchen TV value vertical viewing angle – for LCD-screens they are significantly smaller than horizontal. This is important to consider if you are planning place the TV still significantly above eye level – in in this case, the value of the vertical angle can reach a critical values
If sound is the only obstacle, you can always use speakers
Other parameters can be safely attributed to the category minor, for example – screen resolution, not particularly delve into the features of Full HD, HD Ready and other standards. Image quality is important for the TV in the living room, and in the kitchen it is rather a radio with video elements, because while cooking, the screen You will be distracted periodically. And here is and watch TV nutritionists do not recommend categorically – this is one of the reasons for recruiting excess weight.
Superfluous for a kitchen TV will be now fashionable features like Smart TV, Wi-Fi or 3D image. Imagine the housewife cooking cutlets in 3D glasses is simply impossible. Yes and there is no time to be especially distracted by the Internet, but the USB connector is not it will hurt – you can download the desired recipe, save it to a memory card and then cook and watch. No need for connectivity TV to computer or TV with hard drive. In general, достаточно будет минимального функционала.
Простота и удобство в обмен на отсутствие редко используемыхfeatures and lower cost
Ideas for placing a TV in the kitchen: we select a place
Choosing a place to hang the TV in the kitchen, you should consider features of the kitchen and try to place the TV away from sources of open fire and water. However, now you can pick up special, waterproof models for the kitchen – you can Place directly above the sink. Their screen is closed tempered glass, resistant to hot oil, it is easy to wipe, but it seriously affects the price of the TV upward. Another important point that should be considered – in an effort to minimize size, manufacturers they take the power supply out of the case (as it is done on laptops). Therefore, you may have to decide where and how to fix this block.
The presence of nearby furniture will ideally solve the problem of the outdoor unit power supply
Advice! Placing a TV is worth to think over at the design stage to summarize (and disguise) the television cable and put the outlet.
Thought out in advance the location of the TV will avoid messy stretching wires
Consider placements to watch TV in the kitchen It was as comfortable as possible:
- the optimal placement of the TV in height – at the level eye, in this case the neck will not get tired
Even if the viewing is short, do not forget about comfort
- swivel bracket – provides a comfortable overview almost from anywhere in the kitchen. Fastened with anchor bolts on a brick or concrete base (on the wall or as an option – to the ceiling). When installed on drywall should be provided in advance “mortgages” to which the bracket will be attached. Small models can be mounted on a special bracket to the bottom of the kitchen module
Swivel bracket will be a good solution for non-standard kitchens
- built-in TV – at the stage of purchase (or order) kitchen set provide niche (locker) where to insert TV. It is important to choose a place so that when you open the doors of neighboring cabinets their handles did not touch the screen. Another option – a hanging cabinet located in the corner will fit into it well medium-sized LCD TV
The built-in TV will look neat and discreet
If you get tired and want to take a break from the news, you you can always close the cabinet
- hinged TV – mounted under the hinged kitchen cabinet, in the folded state is almost invisible. Swivel bracket allows you to expand it for comfortable viewing
Hinged TV – simple and convenient to install and using
One of the advantages of a hinged TV is its compactness
- on the countertop – not the best option, dishes inevitably appear in front of the TV or other accessories that will obscure the screen
Installing a TV over a countertop is a great reason for maintaining order
Advice! Not recommended install the TV on the microwave refrigerator or washing machine – vibration and radiation will significantly reduce the life of the TV.
TV in the kitchen – video
TV in the kitchen – photo