- Where do you install a through switch?
- The principle of operation of the passage switch
- Two-way switch circuit breaker
- Three-way switch circuit breaker
- Where is it appropriate to use a through switch?
- Wire-Through Switches
Where do you install a through switch?
Pass-through switch provides an excellent service – an opportunity turn on and off the lighting from different places. Made such switches for convenience, for example: a two-story house and, as It is believed that there is a message between the floors using stairs.
It’s absolutely inconvenient to turn off the lights below, and then climb the dark stairs and vice versa. Now it’s possible like this: turned on on the second floor, and turned off on the first, and vice versa. In that case, a conventional switch will not work, a simple switch has two contact in the single-key switch, whereas three-way switch for connection wires. If you are thinking of using a walk-through switch of three places, one of them must be connected wires to four contacts.
The principle of operation of the passage switch
In the through-passage switches, two reverse conductors from one switch to another. Since reverse conductors pass through the junction box, their connected by terminals. Then, a phase switch is applied to one switch supply conductor, and from the other switch phase supply the conductor connects to the phase conductor of lighting. For walk-through circuit breakers must be used the wire.
Two-way switch circuit breaker
passage switch. Wiring diagram
Three-way switch circuit breaker
If you want great amenities, for example, include and turn off from three places, then one of the switches will be needed on four contacts as said earlier. For middle lead-through switch requires four cores wires.
Where is it appropriate to use a through switch?
- Long corridor. Set one switch at the beginning of the corridor and the other at the end.
- Interfloor staircase. Install a switch on the ground floor and on the second.
- Bedroom. We put a switch at the entrance to the room, and install the second over the bed or next.
- Feed-through switches can be used for outdoor lighting, basements, arbors, etc.
There is another option for lighting control, for which no wires needed. Lighting is controlled by radio signal. It acts as follows: the switches feed radio signal to the control relay, which is connected to the source lighting and thus turn the lighting on and off. This is true as simple as working with a TV remote control.
The principle of operation of a halogen lamp.