Open plan – a way to make the whole interior of the apartment lighter and more airy
Recently, design projects have become increasingly popular. studio apartments. Housing issue today is one of the most complicated and expensive. Thanks to this decision, you can implement the most original ideas in a relatively small living area. IN In this article you can learn more about how to turn A small apartment in modern and comfortable housing.
- What is a studio apartment?
- The advantages of planning a living space without partitions
- Design project of a studio apartment: design flaws
- Layout of a rectangular studio apartment
Multifunctional living room with kitchen: a modern design compact housing from the studio PLASTE [R] LINA (Poland)
Tribute apartment to Soviet modernism – the defining direction in architecture and aesthetics, in the 1960s replaced Stalinist Empire. Design: Concretica Studio
What is a studio apartment?
The concept of “studio” (English “studio”) in the meaning of the living quarters came to post-Soviet countries from the USA. There it originated in twenties of the last century. It meant budget housing for small families. At that time, the United States faced a shortage problem. living space in large cities. The reason for this was a huge wave immigrants from Europe and Asia. So immigrants and just not rich young Americans needed inexpensive housing, but with all the modern benefits of civilization.
And the studio apartment was an excellent solution to the housing problem for many young families and students of North America beginning twentieth century. After all, despite the small area, it included bathroom, kitchen, shower and the living space itself. Partitions and walls between zones were not implied. Also in the studio basically two doors: the entrance and the door to the bathroom. But over time from budget housing studio apartment began to move into the category prestigious modern housing. The studio turned into a huge field for the flight of design ideas and creative solutions.
The layout of comfortable compact housing with an area of 30 square meters. m
Visualization of an ultra-compact furniture solution rectangular studio (full plan – see image above)
It is worth noting that the idea of combining kitchen, bathroom and living space in one room without walls did not come on the territory of the CIS countries neither during the Russian Empire, nor after revolution. Such an architectural and planning decision has found popularity with us only in the late nineties. And today living quarters are not being built with the planning of combining the dining room and living quarters. They are made by cleaning partitions and walls, as well as a complete redevelopment of the apartment. Generally, architects and designers usually define the concept of a studio apartment differently. But all experts agree that this is a residential building without hard partitions and the presence of only entrance doors and doors to the bath and a bathroom.
Concretica Studios Compact Home Design without Partitions style of Soviet modernism (continued)
Laconicism of forms and color combinations is also continued in Studio bathroom from the tandem of designers Concretica. This is a demonstration. Moreover, budget decisions can be so stylish in decoration
Today, such a layout is very popular in many developed cities. Moreover, such housing is presented both in low and high price categories of real estate. Cheap studio apartments usually built from one or two bedroom apartments area. There are also residential premises on the real estate market. such a layout of a large area with many zones and original separation of the boundaries of these zones. Such apartments already belong to prestigious and expensive living quarters. But despite this popularity, there are no official building codes and layout standards of a studio apartment in the Russian Federation.
The arrangement of the studio does not necessarily carry the goal of saving space by combining zones. Very often architects and designers clean partitions and walls for fashion to make The housing is stylish and modern. Also such a layout decision living space will allow the owner to impress a person with refined taste. Design projects of studios are very popular among architects. After all, most redevelopments of apartments are made on individual projects on order. Especially since redevelopment of apartments provides a wide range of opportunities and a huge field for the flight of fancy of professional designers and architects. By designing a living space for a studio you can hone your design skills in many styles thanks to совm ещению разных зон в одноm помещении.
Богемное жилье без перегородок или luxury-вариант лофта
The clear influence of Japanese style in open space mini-loft: movable partitions instead of walls and concise demonstration of the interaction of the elements on sheets of rusted steel
Studio apartments have such advantages relative to others. types of layouts:
- If the apartment was originally not enough usable area, then this problem can be partially solved by cleaning partitions and walls. Indeed, in this case, it is much easier to operate open the space of the apartment is unlimited. You can achieve maximum functionality in the arrangement of furniture.
- An open-plan apartment is a great solution for a small family or a bachelor. It is great to have parties and hold events with the reception of guests.
- The layout of the studio apartment allows you to make the whole interior living space in any one architectural style. Or apply several styles in one residential volume, dividing so way different areas of the room.
- In order to get from the sofa to the refrigerator, you need less go the way. After all, to move around the apartment do not need corridors and doors.
- Using the layout of an apartment in the studio you can correctly arrange audio equipment to achieve perfect acoustics. it would be a great solution for home theater lovers and music lovers.
Multifunctional furnishings: countertop that can serve as a kitchen island and dining table on two, and additional workspace in the home office
End-to-end view of the entire apartment in 3D visualization
План расстановки мебели (3D-вид – см. выше) в “малосемейной”квартире площадью 25 кв. м с двумя независимыми водопроводнымистояками для санузла и кухни
Very often, creative people equip the studio. After all, such The layout is excellent for a fantasy flight. Thus, you can combine living space in one space and workshop.
Scandinavian design – that will give maximum scope for creativity and custom solutions, and will make any compact studio with a positive and inspiring living space
Storage system in the podium for the bed and desk on of two
Design project of a studio apartment: design flaws
Before you start cleaning the partitions in the apartment and the door, it is worth weighing everything repeatedly. After all, the redevelopment of residential the premises are a very complicated and expensive business. Here are the reasons why do not demolish the walls in the apartment:
- Before you destroy the walls, you should familiarize yourself with the plan buildings and the method of its construction. After all, many apartments are impossible to reschedule because some houses do not fit. For example, in panel houses, which are built from large reinforced concrete structures, internal walls cannot be demolished. After all they can most often be carriers. And their absence is much degrade the strength of the entire building.
- To begin the redevelopment of the apartment, you first need permission chief architect in the area and housing office. But, as practice shows, they rarely give such permits because then they carry responsibility for the integrity of the design of the whole house. A lot buildings today so are in emergency or semi-emergency condition. In new homes, redevelopment takes place significantly simpler. Sometimes you can do without it at all. It happens in if construction work is carried out in a monolithic new building. But such homes rarely need residential savings. area.
В этом проекте оформления квартиры в свежих зеленых тонах, наместе перегородки, “съедавшей” гораздо больше пространства, чемit seems – there is a bar or breakfast table on двоих
If demolition of partitions in your situation is still financially justified – you get twice as much light as in a typical compact housing built over the past few decades is a question insolation was solved absolutely without regard to the aesthetic component
- As always, the economic issue is important. Demolition of partitions promises huge costs for dismantling walls and restoration work. Necessary completely replace the wiring, re-laying it. Also need completely re-plan the lighting, fit the system project water supply and sewage. So before starting work you need conduct an objective assessment of their financial capabilities regarding plans for construction and repair work.
Advice! If the purpose of the redevelopment of the living space in studio apartment is saving living space then it costs calculate all costs in advance. Very often they exceed the difference between the cost of one-room and two-room apartments.
- Studio apartment is great for single people. But in in most cases, bachelor life ends sooner or later at the altar. Also, a studio is a good option for a young family. But when a child appears in this family, they surface disadvantages of open housing. After all, such a room is not designed for a large number of people. Especially if they different age and gender. Also, a studio apartment is a bad solution for people who care about personal space and periodic desire retire if they do not live alone.
- When converting housing, you need to completely rebuild the scheme heating and ventilation. After all, in open rooms such as studios drafts are a common occurrence. Well thought out ways convection of indoor air. The same goes for odors from visiting the bathroom. If the tenants are smokers, then they will have to forget about smoking in the house.
Spacious studio with raised fireplace
Advice! Powerful must be above the kitchen area hood and preferably not one. If its power is not enough, then all the unpleasant odors from the kitchen will be a common problem.
In a studio apartment, it is undesirable to keep a fairly large home animal. Indeed, in this case, it is difficult to limit it in any way if guests arrived. Moreover, trash on paws after walking quickly spread throughout the house.
One of the relative shortcomings of the studio, literally lying on surfaces – the need to always maintain perfect order
Bed on the podium with integrated storage and comfortable spot lighting
The general plan of the apartment is 45 square meters. m with combined living room and the kitchen
The customer may be the owners of one-room apartments area up to 25 square meters. m, and the owners of residential space more than 40 square meters m who value original design and fresh ideas.
Layout of a rectangular studio apartment
Consider the most common housing redevelopment option in studio on the example of a rectangular apartment of 30 square meters. m. If you do not have the skills of a designer and architect, you can order finished design by professionals. But first, you should familiarize yourself with Photos of existing open housing plans. it help you more clearly determine the design of your future living quarters.
The general plan of ultra-compact urban housing with an area of 20 square meters. м- comfortable and stylish option for young people with mobile way of life
Furniture plan and apartment storage systems an area of 20 square meters. м
It is worth remembering that to create a cozy studio apartment you need follow certain rules:
- in the interior, the predominance of light tones is desirable;
- furniture should be mobile and functional, occupy a minimum space
- combined lighting from several sources of different intensities.
Advice! Glass and mirror surfaces visually increase the volume of living space. They can also serve partitions for different zones in the studio.
Glass tinted sliding partitions on guides – spectacular visual illusion that makes the room bigger than it is in fact
Do not resort to an excessive amount of decor. But on the windows do not It is advisable to hang large classic curtains. All this visually litter the studio space and reduce the useful volume of residential premises.
Art Nouveau in dark colors on a modest 24 square meters? Easy, if there is such a gift of fate as very high ceilings
Кто-то назвал бы это помещение “колодцем” и не питал надежд настильное оформление, но этот захватывающий образец эклектичногодизайна 24-метровой “сталинки” опровергает такое представление
Comfortable second level with dressing room, bedroom and small a working corner under a 4-meter ceiling. So below only the public, most spectacularly designed area remained
General plan of both levels
In designing an open-plan apartment an important issue is zoning the space of a room. Primarily worth pay attention to the location of the bathroom and toilet. This is important because that they usually already have water systems and sewers.
Continuing the theme of black and white design of a compact studio
If the bathroom remains the same, then it’s worth considering how further isolate it from the rest of the housing. After of how to decide on the toilet and bath, you can plan interior of the studio itself. In a standard apartment, usually next door to the bathroom is the kitchen. But in the case of open planning, you can arrange the zones as you like. But next to the toilet is not It is worth having a sleeping area with a bed. It can create many inconveniences. Also no need to put a sleeping bed next to it with front door. Usually it is located at the far side of the entrance and a bathroom partially closed by a partition, wardrobe or sideboard. Thus visually creates a sense of individual premises.
Natural tones and natural materials – always a win-win choice for housing any area
Compact storage to maintain perfect order in a small bathroom
A large mirror is another trick that helps visually push the space throughout the house
The general plan of the kitchen-living room and bathroom (see above on 3D- visualization)
The next area will be the kitchen-dining room. Her location happens the most diverse and original. Most often in a rectangular its layout is located next to the wall opposite the windows. With free space you can create many more residential areas. It can be a living area or a game room. All zones can be separated using glass, mirror partitions, place tall aquariums between them. They can also be shared with using the height of the floor or ceiling, separate with different types of lighting and design.
The effective solution with the placement of the TV for small studios with a modern design in blue tones. Tv unit here stands kitchen cabinet
Opposite view (see photo above)
So, the studio apartment is a great solution for modern creative people, not yet burdened by family hardships. This layout allows you to create original and modern apartments in a relatively small living space. Thanks the absence of partitions and walls can significantly save residential space and realize the most unusual design decisions, while turning a modest apartment into a cozy work art.
A glass partition separating the dining area from living room
The general plan and design project of a studio apartment in blue tones
Compact stylish accommodation with accents of wine color – studio with panoramic windows and french balcony
Design of a rectangular studio apartment (30 sq. M):