Small compositions along the fence
Recently it has become relevant to decorate your sites flower beds, flower beds and alpine slides. More often cottages used for leisure, so the site should look well-groomed and delight the eye. To create a beautiful flowerbed, you can use natural materials, for example, stones will look good. But to get the desired effect, you need to know some nuances and features of the choice of materials.
- Basic Rules
- Flowerbed formation
- How to create a stone flower garden?
- Differences from rock garden or rockery
- Plant selection
- How to care?
Creating a border with boulders
Sea pebbles are often used to decorate floral flower beds
Three-row sea-stone border
When creating flower beds, it is not necessary to use similar in appearance and the size of the stones. The combination of different types can create an original emphasis, however, the overall stylistic decision of the entire site should to withstand. There are general tricks:
- It is necessary to place the flower garden so that it does not interfere, but pleases the eye. You can choose a place in the center of the site or along a blank wall;
This design is gaining popularity again
Spacious garden with decorative walkways
- vegetation should be selected, given the similar conditions for full life and flowering: some of them like shade, others cannot without the rays of the sun;
- consider the need for water, as well as sizes and other plant properties;
- it’s easier to create a large flower bed than a few small ones, but the number and appearance depends on the design decision of everything the garden.
Cascading flower garden
A stone flower bed can replace a gazebo if you place it in the center of the garden. Small and bright will decorate the place near the fence and not will interfere with walks or outdoor activities.
To make a flower garden, you can use different materials. it may be the following options:
Decorative flower bed from a single piece of stone
- Quartzite has a large palette of colors and smooth surface. He is able to shimmer in the sun, which is very beautiful looks.
- Sandstone has many shades from gray to red. But it is worth considering the moment that the stone is short-lived.
- The ability of shale to delaminate into plates is used in creating landscape designs. It can be green, blue and even purple.
Yellow flowers will brighten the landscape
- Tufa belongs to the limestone rocks, with it planted weaving and ground cover plants.
- Despite the beautiful appearance, granite is less commonly used for creating a flower garden, as it can acidify the soil.
- A rounded cluster of stones of different sizes, turned water, called pebbles.
Pebbles – a spectacular element of decor for the garden
- Ornamental dolomite stone will become an adornment of any garden.
- For flower garden fences, white or Red brick.
Brick flower borders
To form a flower bed, you can take several large stones, place smaller ones around them. Also required Additional materials. Drainage will provide gravel, sand or crushed stone. Mulching is necessary to create comfort for plants, and peat or tree bark can provide this.
How to create a stone flower garden?
One option is to create a flowerbed that adorns stone curb, but tall, solid look solid flower beds. To do this, lay out several layers of stones to desired wall height.
The beginning of the construction comes from the foundation. With twine and pegs mark the location of the future flowerbed. Around the perimeter you need to dig a trench 30 cm deep, the width should coincide with the size of the material. You can remove the layer of earth over the entire plane flower garden. At the bottom of the ditch lay a ruberoid or plastic film, on top of which they begin to fill the concrete foundation.
Building without foundation
When the foundation has dried completely, you can start laying the stones. Creating a concrete-based flower garden is optional condition. The trench can be laid with geotextiles and covered with sand on the third on which the largest boulders are laid out.
The irregular shape of natural stones makes it difficult styling. Gaps will have to be filled with earth that needs to be tightly tamp. When the stones are half sticking out of the trench, this is the basis of the design.
The irregular shape of natural stones will make your building original
Further, for masonry, use a solution. If a flower bed is erected on concrete foundation, make holes for drainage. Solution applied from the inside to keep the effect dry masonry. Once the cement has dried, it is sprayed on the surface. sealant. It prevents cracks at the joints.
After 7-10 days, when the solution completely hardens, you can proceed to fill the inside of the building, that is, to fall asleep the soil in which to plant the plants.
With a height of up to 60 cm, it is possible to lay the masonry rows in a dry way. In this case, it is necessary to carefully select the stones in shape to minimize voids between them.
Differences from rock garden or rockery
Rockery – motley composition of stones and plants
Bordeurins require a meticulous selection of material, in difference from the alpine hill. In addition, the rock garden should resemble mountainous terrain and consist of plants that are well developed the roots. For a flower bed, the selection of plants is free, subject to the rules listed above.
Yellow flowers will help get rid of depression
Spectacular compositions of sea pebbles
For a rockery, a breed of different sizes is required, in addition, it fits symmetrically and naturally. The flower bed is laid out in accordance with the rules of geometry – exactly.
Alyssum will not only decorate your garden, but also fill it with a pleasant aroma
Keep in mind that tall plants should be located in center, and low – along the edges of the flower arrangement. On the elated flower beds plants are better and more magnificent. Natural fabrics faster warm up and give off their heat at night. In addition, they are capable of retain moisture in itself and gradually give it away, nourishing plants.
This planting method limits plants from insects and pests. To make the composition look organic and beautiful, you need think through the design well, it must take into account:
- a combination of the palette, shape and height of the plant;
- the same conditions for detention;
- flowering time.
Luxurious garden of exotic plants
How to care?
Despite the diversity of natural material and the difference surface options, atmospheric pollution cannot be avoided precipitation and the scorching sun, because the design is located under open air.
So that the material does not absorb dirt and moisture, you can treat it with hydrophobic compounds that are specifically for this are being developed. Impregnated with such substances, the surface strengthens, and its color becomes brighter and more saturated.
Creating landscape design on your site, you need Understand that an attractive appearance will require timely and regular care.