Luxurious wenge kitchen with countertops made of natural stone
There are many key options that allow you to apply such an element as a window-sill, in the room: there are photos of them in a large number, so lovers of extraordinary solutions looking for original ideas will be easy. So if the window located near the corner of the room, there is a possibility acquiring a window sill, smoothly turning into a wall in the form of an arc. In this case, a table is formed by the windowsill, at which you can have a meal or do work. If you install this design in the bedroom, she will perfectly cope with the role dressing table. The space in the room will become more compact and at the same time uniform, which allows you to create many beneficial effects.
- Examples of placing compositions in an apartment
How to make a choice?
The arrangement of the windowsill in the kitchen
- Installation in living rooms
Production: professional advice
To save space in a small kitchen, you can arrange window sill as a dining area
Bright kitchen with bright accents on wooden furniture elements. Pay attention to how the window sill smoothly turns into kitchen set
For narrow kitchens, the decision to issue the space around the window with wall cabinets, thus fully integrating it into the work area
Examples of placing compositions in an apartment
There are some basic examples when a window sill protrudes in as a table, designed to solve the situation and beat beautifully free space.
When the window is close to the corner of the room, the right decision there will be a smooth transition of the table into the wall, and if you choose wisely the material of manufacture of the product and its configuration, you can modest turn a small room into a small cozy nest.
A window sill is also suitable for organizing a small working corner in your home
- If the window structure is located in the center of the room, the owners can afford the purchase of a window sill with great depth. Shelves are usually placed on the sides of the product. It turns out that the window was inserted into the workspace, as it were, and the windowsill will take the form and shape of a full countertop. The option is perfect for a child’s room when the countertop will be used to study the baby.
With the help of the window sill, you can save free the space in the children’s room, which is very important for the child
- Another proven progressive solution – application countertops on the balcony. There are also several options: you can replace a narrow space with a new one a worktop, and you can make a dining area and turn a balcony space in a kind of gazebo. If the room cannot boast large space, you can apply as an option folding table design.
Private terrace design also looks no less spectacular the house with the help of a window sill
- The windowsill is widely used as a table in the kitchen, not only in small rooms, but also in spacious rooms. You can attribute this design to the dining area, or you can make as an element of a kitchen set.
Spacious kitchen with a large panoramic window for almost the entire the wall. The window sill looks very organic in this space design
Sill-countertop in the room, options, photo of which presented in wide abundance, the best option for the owner modern apartment.
How to make a choice?
With a huge abundance of structures, it is also important to consider the fact that their effectiveness depends on quality material from which the product is made.
- For the kitchen, the best option is moisture resistant material, for example, in order to be manufactured window sill, MDF material – relevant, or other resources, Equipped with a moisture resistant coating.
Sill-countertop in the bright kitchen, made of MDF, which maintains the overall mood of the room
- Effectively and originally look products from modern polymers through which the imitation of natural stone surface – marble, malachite.
Very practical to use window sill polymer imitating natural stone pattern
- An expensive and noble option is the installation of countertops made of marble or granite. This combination will give your any The room has a luxurious interior.
- If you are planning to implement this idea in houses outside the city, the best option is to make an interesting countertop from natural wood.
A very comfortable option for designing a workspace, based on window sill, in the corridor of a private house in the country
Since this idea is relatively new, buy ready-made the design of the required parameters, shapes and materials is problematic. But this is not a problem, because the window-sill in the room to order – perfect solution.
Sill-countertop in the room and in the kitchen
If the kitchen is small and narrow, the main the goal of the owners should be competent space planning.
Small kitchen in pastel colors with a wooden kitchen a headset and a very practical tabletop window sill
Tip! It’s forbidden to overload one part of the kitchen, and in the second half leave a lot of free space. A windowsill can become dysfunctional and ineffective. But on an educated place you can put indoor plants, souvenirs, frames with photos.
A cozy small kitchen in a private house in the country. Countertop sill – a great solution to save free of space
If there is no more space, you can not install a dining room at all table in the kitchen room, and move it to another place. Thanks to such castling, it will be possible to allocate free space for a dishwasher or washing machine, if Your bathroom also has little space.
In the kitchen under the windowsill-tabletop you can build the necessary electrical equipment
A practical option may be to install a folding stand, Such a solution will become especially relevant for a small kitchen. IN during cooking, the main part of the countertop is lowered down so as not to interfere with the process, but after completion before by lunch she returns to the starting position.
Tip! If you want to put a folding table in the kitchen, this is best done if you have a large width windowsill. While the table will not be assembled, as stands for pots and other appliances will protrude free space.
Thus, the window sill in the kitchen is effective free space organization solution and the best option decorating it.
The window sill looks very harmonious in the kitchens with large panoramic windows all over the wall
Installation in living rooms
If you want to organize a coffee table in the living room or office, but do not have enough free space, why not turn the windowsill into a table?
Tabletop windowsill can be used not only in kitchens, it is very practical in other rooms of your house
Tip! You can organically fit a window into the work area if on both sides of the table you will be placed racks, shelves. At this window sill will be turned into a desktop on which you can put a computer, textbooks for the child’s activities, souvenirs, folders and paper.
Corner sill-countertop – a good option for decoration workspace of a schoolboy. It can be supplemented with shelves and cupboard case for greater convenience
Sill countertop (material in the nursery can be any) – практичное решение для широкого круга вопросов.
Светлая детская для девочки с очень удобным угловымwindow sill
- A small chest of drawers with drawers can be arranged. right under the countertop.
You can arrange additional storage space. things in the hallway of your house under the original window sill
- The window sill itself acts as a place on which Installation of household appliances and electronics is being carried out.
Luxury kitchen with wooden kitchen and panoramic a window on the entire wall, decorated with a window sill
- If there is no heating radiator in the area under the window, such the decision will become quite acceptable and competent.
A simple window sill made of natural wood is excellent suitable for a small workplace
- If there is a heating radiator, free space is possible use as installation of a false fireplace or other original design to make space more structured.
Bright spacious living room with a small window sill
- If you want to organize an exquisite style in the bathroom, especially if it has a window structure, you can achieve amazing result, setting the window sill under the sink.
Very atmospheric bathroom with a sill-countertop natural massif
With the help of a window sill, you can more compactly equip a bathroom and accommodate all the necessary electrical equipment in a small area
- In the bedroom, the window sill can smoothly go to the head beds, and if you add original cabinets to it, you can decorate the space in the best way.
A cozy bedroom in a private house with a low sill-countertop, which perfectly replaces the bedside table
Worktop instead of window sill in room – appropriate and effective solution for small rooms and spacious rooms.
Production: professional advice
Not everyone can afford the purchase of a finished product. countertops, even if it is made of artificial stone. If want to save money, try your hand as a designer and enjoy the result, you can make a countertop in the kitchen with my own hand. To translate ideas into reality will require having little experience in wood and special instruments. At the end of the workflow, you get amazing result.
Compact and easy-to-use worktop natural wood that you can do yourself
- Determining the optimal size of the countertop: usually 40-80 cm wide, it all depends on the functionality, configuration and design.
- If you plan to install countertops as a kitchen table, the depth indicator should be 50-80 cm.
Thanks to the correct depth of the window-sill, you can complement the work surface with additional elements of the kitchen headset
- If you are installing a cabinet, just select a product with a width of 35-40 cm.
- The height parameter is accordingly equal to the height of the window sills, installed in your home.
With proper execution, the window sill will look concise enough in the overall interior
Tip! Before you begin to make the product, it is important to correctly measure. The first condition is the absence interference from the product when trying to close the window.
With the help of a window sill, you can arrange a very cozy workplace
Artificial window-sill countertops have support in the form of curbstones from one position, and from the other – they are mounted under the window in as an ordinary window sill.
Laconic kitchen with a sill-worktop in the kitchen
Doing folding elements with your own hands is quite simple, with this size and parameters can be changed in several directions. The main steps are performed in order, when following recommendations of professionals you will get amazing results.
To make a product yourself, you need to start with cutting out the base. This is done through a special jigsaw from the material you have chosen as the base. For example, it may be plywood with increased moisture resistance. The thickness of the material is 12 mm on average.
You can highlight some of the tabletop windowsill a slight elevation at the window frame that will resemble classic windowsill
Installation of the base is carried out from a stand, fastening to them produced using special nails. If desired, you can organize the independent production of cabinets and other products. It is possible to purchase ready-made modules in special furniture stores.
Bright kitchen with imitating window sill natural black marble
The base is fastened to the windowsill, while z-shaped brackets are used.
At this stage, the facing of the base is carried out, while any material is used, depending on your personal preferences. Usually used sheets of chipboard, MDF, ceramic tile or decorative mosaic. Lately good myself recommended pebbles.
You can integrate the sink into the countertop window sill in the kitchen
Advice! If for high-quality facing works you will use tiles of the same color and texture that for making an apron, you will get a quality finished interior.
How to be with tiles
- It can be glued using ordinary glue.
- Glue is applied to the base, on top of it you need neatly lay out the tiled structures, observing the minimum clearances.
- At the end of the work, the joints of the special grouting.
- Glued along the window opening and kitchen walls ceramic or plastic material, commonly used molding or sealant. But such masking of joints should from time to time go through the upgrade stage.
- Using the pre-selected furniture edge gluing the ends of the countertops.
Atmospheric kitchen with wooden kitchen unit and very convenient to use window sill
Do-it-yourself windowsill with countertops will be a great option in terms of saving money and in plan to recreate a luxurious interior in any room. By making such a design once, you want to refine the room and create sophistication and light charm in it. Application tips may assist on the path to creating beauty in your home.
Spacious, bright kitchen with practical window sill