Conservative image of a living room with black walls
Everyone wants to make their interior unique. who decides to make repairs. Variant of using wallpaper with silk screen printing is very original. On the walls they look interesting and can become the main “highlight” of any room.
- What are and how are they made?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Specificity of pasting
- Use in the interior
Accent elements emphasize the color scheme of the decoration the walls
What are and how are they made?
- Screen printing is a special method of application. images on the surface of the wallpaper. In this case, used small in size stencil and matrix. Interestingly, this The technique is known since 2 thousand BC. uh but in ancient times used for other purposes.
Beige bedroom decor
Modern production uses the latest technology, due to which silk-screened vinyl wallpaper is very in demand. Today wallpaper with such an effect is:
- A two-layer coating with paper and non-woven base.
- Vinyl reinforced coating is applied on top.
- A press is launched on top of these layers, due to which the surface the product becomes even and smooth, the brand name appears on it shine. The relief is barely perceptible.
Interesting! Silk-screen wallpapers that are released today imitate animal skin, velvet, stone and even structural plaster. But still the main and very popular image is Ornaments and varied floral motifs.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before you get rolls of such wallpaper, you should understand their strengths and weaknesses.
Benefits The increased durability. The thicker the canvas, the more this indicator higher. It’s very convenient that when glued, they do not crawl, do not torn, do not stretch, and firmly hold their shape. Durability. According to the most conservative estimates, such wallpapers will serve ten years. This is also possible due to the fact that they do not fade. in the sun, repel dust. Practicality. They are not prone to absorb odors, from friction practically do not suffer. Moisture resistance. Not all wallpapers can boast of such property. In the case of the considered effects, it is achieved due to hot production method. They can be called washable, since during the cleaning process they are allowed to wipe with a damp a rag. Security. Made from environmentally friendly materials.
Correctly selected colors will provide comfort and coziness in indoors
- Perhaps the main reason why silk-screened wallpaper is loved customers – their appearance. This is a silky shine, and luxurious gloss surface, flickering under artificial lighting. The joints, even taking into account the bright pattern, are invisible.
disadvantages Before gluing, it is necessary to perfectly prepare the surface – all flaws will be very noticeable. Too cheap wallpaper can be dangerous to humans. Cheaper prices are possible only with formaldehydes. Wallpaper with a paper base will not “breathe”, which is positive affects the development of fungi. Fairly high price. In case of fire, any silk-screened wallpaper will give off toxic substances into the air.
Snow-white wall decoration emphasizes the originality of furniture headset
Specificity of pasting
These original wallpapers need to be properly glued. Highlights, to consider:
- purification from pollution;
- getting rid of dust, mold;
- plastering with finishing leveling;
- primer before sticking.
Do-it-yourself wall work requires data instruments
Important: To prevent bubbles and spots from appearing on the wallpaper, you need to properly prepare the surface.
By removing all errors from the wall surface, you can easily start wallpapering process
- In the process of gluing you will need: wallpaper glue, stationery knife, rollers, putty knife.
- In order to make the joints as low as possible, the direction of movement during gluing is from the window to the door.
- Cloths should be applied strictly directly, for this the angle between wall and window should be checked with a plumb line.
- Special glue is needed, specifically for silk-screened wallpapers. It is optimal to acquire it with canvases. In this case the consultant will help to calculate the required amount. Dilute the dry composition strictly according to the instructions.
- Glue is applied to the canvas. By technology, he needs to be given a little time to soak. How much – you can check on packaging.
- If the sheet is dense, you will need to apply adhesive to the wall.
- It is leveled after attaching to the wall with rubber roller, from the center to the edges. From the seam will come out glue, it must be removed immediately.
- It can be especially difficult in the corners, since they do not overlap stick, then it will need to be clearly customized.
Use in the interior
Such original wallpapers will look appropriate practically in any room, but still certain features of their selection exist.
For the bedroom
Silk-screen wallpapers look good in the bedroom, that is, in any room for rest. They create an imitation of tissue, which makes the room is very cozy. Pleasant to the touch, they are different necessary resistance to external influences.
On a note! Among the difficulties it is worth noting the need regular airing, as such wallpapers do not miss air.
Wall covering and furniture set harmoniously emphasize each other
When choosing wallpaper for the bedroom, you should pay attention to coloring. For the little ones, bright colors will be the best solution. If the room is spacious, you can choose dark.
It is important to observe certain nuances:
- You should not combine wallpaper with other types of paintings, they Docking is almost impossible.
- For the bedroom, it is optimal to use 1-2 colors, no longer needed, otherwise the room will look overloaded.
- The best solution – plain canvas with ornaments.
- If the room is not high, you should highlight the area near the bed with color. (ornament) from floor to ceiling – this technique will visually raise ceiling.
Silk screen wallpaper is the best option for this room. They are refined, stylish, besides wearproof and durable.
Advice! If you use a vertical drawing, height ceilings visually increase.
The original design of the walls in the living room
Pastel colors are perfect for a Provence style living room.
Due to the strength and stability of such wallpapers, their use on the kitchen will not be a problem. Of course, for the work area they are not fit, but for all other sites it’s quite. Moreover, their the look will be very original and vibrant.
Silk screen wallpaper is a great solution. Their price is not the best affordable, but it’s quite possible to spend some time and forget about the need for re-sticking the wallpaper for at least a dozen years.
An example of using a golden hue in a bathroom