The arch is one of the attractive elements of modern of interior
Drywall interior arches have long ceased to be a rarity in modern apartments. Today it is not only a stylish element. decor, but also an extremely practical solution for small apartments, in which there is simply not enough space for installing ordinary doors. Arches look best in small kitchens and at the entrance to the living room.
- Plasterboard interior arches: pluses
- Types of arches
- Arches design options
A peculiar spaciousness gives the room coziness and sophistication
Rectangular arch highlighted in bright colors
Variety of arches in oriental style will be the highlight of the bathroom the rooms
The arch can be chosen for any style of interior
Plasterboard interior arches: pluses
Interior arches can be made from a variety of materials – wood, gypsum, natural stone, but the most common and democratic option are arches from drywall. Their main advantage is ease of installation and a wide selection decor options.
Organic image of a room using classic rounded arches
Using the arch, you can decorate not only the usual door opening, it can be installed to frame a niche in the wall, spaces above the fireplace or stove, alcove and etc.
The eastern arch in the niche will be the highlight of the spacious room
Drywall is a universal material in construction and repair. The scope of its use is very wide, and it not surprising, because the material has many advantages:
- Drywall is soft and plastic. From it you can create any forms, making an arch of drywall is very simple even without help specialists. Installation requires only a metal profile, which will give the whole structure, and a sheet of drywall.
- The material is very light, it just attaches and installed. In addition, he hides all the flaws of the wall and doorway. Before you mount drywall, you do not need a wall align or hide repair flaws.
Stylish and practical solution for designing a doorway in the form of arches
- Drywall is completely safe, as it is made of natural materials. It can be used even in children’s rooms.
Types of arches
Varieties of arches stand out based on their style. Arch – quite a universal element of the interior, because it can be entered absolutely in any style. Arches have long been present in Oriental interiors, in modern design he received a new breathing and new forms. There are several conventional types arches, differing only in the shape of the arch:
Classical archway in the entrance hall with stucco molding
- Modern. Art Nouveau arch is more suitable for small apartments with low ceilings. Its vault has smoother lines and truncated radius. Makes the room visually more elongated.
Modern elongated arch design
- Slavic. Slavic arch has a very simple form – it rectangular doorway with slightly smoothed corners. Pretty universal option that will decorate any interior.
- Oriental. Oriental-style arch has a characteristic shape. arch reminiscent of a pointed dome. She will be the best Moroccan-style interior decoration.
Beautiful oriental arch separating the sleeping area
Niche. This is a closed structure, not adjacent to the doorway. Niches are made close to the wall, in order to create a frame for bookshelves or TV. Can become the main visual the center of the room.
- Curly. Arches of the most unusual curly shapes with success used in the design of modern interiors. With help drywall you can create any bizarre shapes.
Besides the fact that the arch expands the space, it still increases each functional area, leave it in its place
- Round or oval arches. This option will be great look in a room with a low ceiling, it smooths all corners, making the doorway oval or round. Great for Stylish modern interior.
Round arch highlights the work area in the bedroom
Arches design options
There are many design options for arches. Depending on the general apartment style and functional purpose create the most unusual decor. In classic interiors, as well as in Empire, baroque, classicism styles for arch decoration used figured stucco molding.
A huge living room, decorated with an empire-style arch with patterns of stucco moldings
Idea! Large round arches that fit so well for small rooms, well framed by built-in bookcases shelves. This will help to save additional space in room.
An interesting solution for the full-length arch with a built-in by the fireplace
You can decorate the arch in any room in the apartment, even in the kitchen. For example, make an arch above the bar counter, supplementing it with holders for glasses. Also in the country style kitchen or Provence you can arrange the arch over the stove, disguising in this way range hood. Such an arch can be decorated with artificial or natural stone.
An elongated arch above the bar that separates the kitchen area
Arches help not only beautifully frame the doorway, but and mask such technical details in a room as pipes on ceiling, ventilation or ceiling beams. Sheathing such a pipe drywall, you can get a beautiful classic arch.
Plasterboard interior arches are considered the most economical and uncomplicated option
It is very convenient to decorate the arch with spotlights. Additional lighting is always useful in a small apartment. This is especially true in the arches in the hallway and corridor.
The arch in the apartment, made in the loft style, can be on the sides decorate with a brick. Deliberate sloppiness and appearance of factory walls are the hallmarks of this style. Arch in the apartment, made in hi-tech style, no need to decorate anything. Smooth clear lines and discreet colors fit perfectly into interior.