Table of contents:
- 1 Components
- 2 How it works
- 3 Advantages and disadvantages
- 4 How to do
- 5 videos
- 6 Schemes
Installation of a heating system is one of the most important tasks being part of the construction of your home. Before as to perform work, it is necessary to decide on the choice of scheme. Can choose single pipe or double pipe. Single pipe private heating system At home, it’s much easier to do it yourself She is simple but reliable and efficient. Moreover, on its assembly much less material will be needed. Next we will look at how such a system can be made, and also how it differs from two-pipe and what are its advantages.
Single pipe scheme heating systems
Let’s look at how such a system works.
- The basis is a heating boiler that heats the coolant. Often choose gas boilers. They are simple and reliable. In places, where there is no gas supply, you can use the unit running on solid fuel.
- Heating elements are standard radiators. At their the choice should be borne in mind that the old Soviet cast iron is better not set. They are not able to provide proper heating of rooms and do not meet today’s requirements. Much more efficient use new bimetal radiators that are fast heat up, have high heat dissipation and look much more attractive.
- The expansion tank is an indispensable element of the one-pipe system. It acts as a pressure stabilizer, controlling the degree of coolant expansion. When the media is heated, its excess (associated with thermal expansion) enters the tank, preventing in order to create excess pressure in the system.
- The layout of the pipes through which heat is supplied. To her you can add drain taps and valves.
How does it work
Principle of operation
The scheme of such a heating system is quite simple. At the heart of everything any boiler is worth it. It heats the coolant supplied through the pipe, outgoing from the boiler. Why is such a scheme called single tube? Because along the entire perimeter one pipe is laid, which comes out of the boiler and enters into it. In the right places on the brackets Radiators are installed and connected to the pipe. Coolant (most often water) moves from the boiler, filling the first radiator in node, then the second and so on. At the end, the water returns to starting point and cycle repeats. Continuous process circulation.
It should be noted that by collecting such a scheme, you may encounter one difficulty. Since the rate of advancement of the coolant may be small, then temperature loss is possible. Why? If talk about a two-pipe system, then the principle of its operation is as follows: in one pipe, water enters the battery; in another, it leaves it. IN in this case, its movement passes immediately through all radiators, and heat loss does not occur.
In a single-tube system, the coolant enters all the batteries gradually and passing through them, it loses temperature. So if at the exit of the boiler, the temperature of the carrier was 60˚ C, passing through all pipes and radiators, it can drop to 50˚C. What to do in such a case? To overcome such fluctuations, you can increase the heat capacity of the batteries at the end of the chain, increasing their heat transfer, or increase the temperature in the boiler itself. But all this will lead to additional costs that are unprofitable and make cost heating is more expensive.
To get rid of such a problem without high costs, you need increase the velocity of the coolant through the pipes. For this there is 2 ways:
Technology installation of the pump in the heating system
Put the circulation pump. So you can significantly increase water velocity in the system. In this case, heat loss at output will decrease significantly. The maximum loss may be a few degrees. Such pumps are powered by electricity. Should consider that for country houses, where they often turn off electricity, this option will not be ideal.
Collector installation immediately after the boiler
Install the booster manifold. This is a tall straight pipe, due to which the water passing through it, gaining great speed. Then the coolant in the system with natural circulation makes a full circle faster, which also solves the problem of heat loss. It is especially good to use this method in a multi-storey building, since in a single storey with low ceilings, work will be ineffective. For normal functioning of the collector, its height should be more than 2, 2 m. You should know that the higher the acceleration will be the collector, the faster, more efficient and quieter will happen movement in the pipeline.
In such a system, there must be an expansion tank, which is better to install at the top point. He acts like stabilizer, controlling the increase in coolant volume. Like he works? When heated, the volume of water increases. These surpluses fall into the tank, preventing the occurrence of excessive pressure. When the temperature drops, the volume decreases from the expansion tank gets back into the heating network.
That is the whole principle of operation of a single-pipe heating system. it closed loop, which includes the boiler, main pipes, radiators, expansion tank and components for water circulation. Distinguish forced circulation when all the work is performed by the pump, and the natural one, in which it is mounted booster manifold. The difference between this design is that in it does not provide a reverse pipe, along which coolant returns to the boiler. The second half of such wiring called return flow.
One pipe system can be of two types, depending on mounting: horizontal and vertical.
Advantages and disadvantages
To determine which system you need, consider advantages and disadvantages of a single pipe system.
At installation of a single pipe system can be easily hidden
- The only pipe system mounted around the perimeter buildings, it can be hidden in the floor or in the walls.
- Thanks to such a system, the laying of the pipeline is possible under door openings, the amount of expendable material is reduced and the cost of the whole structure.
- It is possible to gradually connect heating appliances, as well as embed other elements of the heating circuit: heated floors, heated towel rails or radiators. Thanks to parallel or sequential method connection, the degree of heating of the batteries becomes adjustable.
- Ability to connect several types of cats. Can install a gas, electric or solid fuel boiler. If one disconnects, just turn on the other.
- The direction of flow of water to where it will be more profitable for residents of the house. For example, first you can direct the hot stream to a nursery where more heat is required or in the leeward side of the building.
- Unlike a two-pipe system, when choosing trunk pipes with a large diameter, they can serve as registers and also give heat. Due to this, the perimeter of the building, walls and corners are not will freeze.
- Even after completing all work, you can additionally embed and put some more radiators.
- The minimum expense of materials and profitability.
- Easy installation and repair of the structure.
IN such a system often has to bleed air
But with such advantages, this system has some disadvantages. and inconvenience, which should also be noted:
- If the required bias is not observed, it may occur air plugs that reduce heat dissipation.
- After a long non-working period, for example in the summer, you need it run for a long time.
- When carrying out repairs in a multi-storey building, turn off one floor does not work, you have to turn off the whole building.
- During operation, heat loss may occur.
This should be known before proceeding with the installation of the system. heating a private house.
How to do
Batteries connected to a single pipe system
If you do everything from scratch, you need to take care of availability such materials:
- circulation pump;
- expansion tank;
- main pipes Ø25 mm and pipes Ø20 mm in order to connect radiators (any material can be chosen: steel, plastic, copper, reinforced polyethylene);
- fittings to connect the taps to the heating batteries;
- the required number of radiators, gaskets and plugs;
- Mayevsky taps, thanks to which you can remove air from each radiator;
- filter to be installed in front of the boiler for cleaning water.
Solid fuel the boiler is installed in the basement of the house
The sequence of work is as follows:
- You need to choose a place and install the boiler and filter. Incoming pipes better to choose metal.
- Then a chimney is mounted. Connection to the chimney is better run corrugated metal pipe.
- Now we need to make the main pipeline. Around the perimeter whole house pipes are laid. It is important that the connection diagram is already was available, since during installation it is necessary to mount immediately fittings in places where radiators will stand. At the lowest point system mounted drain valve through which the heating the circuit can be filled with water or drained. Important during installation pipeline to withstand a certain degree: for a circuit with natural circulation, it is 3˚ – 5˚, with forced movement (using a pump) – 10 mm per 1 meter of pipe.
- The pipeline around the entire perimeter must be fixed to the wall, to exclude deflection and accumulation of air. To do this, you can use clips.
- A pump is placed in the selected place. They cut it into the trunk a pipe in a place where there is a power outlet nearby. You should know that the pump, depending on the manufacturer, works flawlessly at temperature not higher than 60˚, so the location on the return will be optimal near the boiler.
- Now it’s time to install the expansion tank. Usually he mounted near the boiler, at a height of more than 1.5 m.
- It remains only to install and connect radiators. In the right they are fixed in place using brackets. To provide air circulation, they do not need to be installed strictly under a window sill, a floor and with a wall end to end. Important to withstand short distance.
- After installation, the radiators are connected according to the scheme. At this stage Mayevsky cranes, floor cranes and plugs are installed.
- It remains only to make a pressure test to check the system for tightness of connections and start heating.
If you have a two-story house, everything is done in the same way, but only one more pipe goes to the second floor from the boiler, passes through the perimeter and again goes down.
Heat in the house contributes to a cozy environment
That’s all, as you can see, a one-pipe heating system is stable, efficient and easy to install. It can be used both for single-story buildings, and for multi-story buildings. You save money on installation and provide yourself with heat that will warm you on frosty winter days.
Principle single-pipe home heating system
Scheme forced circulation water heating
Single tube принудительная система отопленияРазновидности
Wiring diagrams of batteries