Bay window in the kitchen helps to significantly increase its area
Bay windows in the kitchen make it brighter, increasing the room, give it special, non-trivial look. But at the same time, for all its undeniable advantages, a kitchen with a bay window is quite complicated for decorating an area that, with a lack of attention, can turn from the highlight of the room into an architectural absurdity, corner cluttered with furniture.
- Kitchen design with bay window: approaches and options
- Kitchen with bay window: interior features
Bay window in the kitchen in exquisite black and white
Free space in the absence of a window sill use under a comfortable sofa bed
With the help of a bay window in the kitchen, you can successfully divide the working and dining area
Kitchen design with bay window: approaches and options
Bay window – expressive architectural element, ledge in the wall, which is connected internally to the main room. If a simplified, the bay window is a kind of loggia connected with a kitchen, only much better insulated. Bay window glazing depends on the architectural features of the house – it can represent a completely glass “flashlight”, and may have a partial (more often total – up to half the size of a standard window).
Good location near the bay window with large the windows
Considering the ideas of interior design kitchen with a bay window, before it’s all worth deciding in the main thing – which role will assigned to erker:
- bay window – as an independent separate zone that you can separate from the kitchen by a partition, a screen, a large curtain, a bar rack, etc. In this case, the bay window design will be direct and completely depend on the functional purpose – it can be a winter garden, or a workplace, or a recreation area (chill-out), all depends on the wishes of the owners. This option is justified for one-room apartment – in this case, by blocking the bay window, the owners apartments can actually get another “isolated” a room;
The bay window is a kind of loggia connected to the kitchen, only much better insulated
- bay window – as a continuation and part of the kitchen. In this case, a lot will be determined both by the bay window area and individual owners approach. It is important to stylistically design the bay window harmonized with the overall interior design of the kitchen.
Large windows in the kitchen allow you to enjoy a beautiful view
Advice! Most often, a small bay window is used for creating a working area there. This approach allows you to fully free one of the walls in the kitchen to make a full dining area.
Consider some features of this layout:
The sink near the window gives an excellent opportunity to wash the dishes and admire the view outside the window
- a non-standard approach is to install a sink in the bay window. Main the problem will be with the supply of communications (water, sewage), but the dull and uniform process of washing dishes it will be possible to diversify the observation of what is happening for by the window;
A custom approach is to install a sink at the window
- the upper modules placed on the sides of the bay window deepen the bay window itself, making it visually more spacious. This trick especially effective for a kitchen with a small bay window;
The convenient arrangement of a soft sofa along all the windows in the dining room zone
- Do not place the hob in the bay window. At first, immediately there will be a question with the installation of the hood, which will be very problematic to place and securely fasten, and secondly – a working hob will cause a constant fogging of windows.
In a round bay window you need to select a table of the same round shape
In a sufficiently spacious bay window you can place dining area, observing the following principles:
Bay window in the kitchen – a great opportunity to extend the natural room lighting
- the shape of the kitchen table should be combined with geometric the contours of the bay window – for a rectangular bay window rectangular dining table, for a semicircular bay window – respectively oval
The dining area near the large window is a great opportunity. enjoy your meal watching the beautiful views outside the window
Round bay window in the kitchen, along which a cozy sofa
- to free up some space, some designers dismantle the heating radiator installed in the bay window. Such the decision is quite controversial, because the outer wall is unheated, and if you take into account the large area of glazing, then options for additional heating should be considered.
The best place for the dining area is high glazed balcony
Alternatively, consider installing a “warm floors “(electric or water), which will ensure uniform heating the entire volume of the bay window due to the warm air rising up. In addition, when installing such a system, the floor level in the bay window will rise, which will allow a clearer expression of the dining area in kind of a podium. In a country house, with large bright kitchens and bay windows of a large area, the heating problem can be solved by setting floor convectors, the heat exchanger of which is installed along the outer wall of the bay window. Flowing through small gaps in the floor warm air will heat both the room and large glass window.
Round bay window in the kitchen gives a feeling of comfort and coziness
Textiles are an essential design element for a bay window. Windows should not live own, autonomous “life” in the overall design. And here it’s suitable universal rule. For a bay window, direct curtains in light tones. There will be a curved modern cornice to the place, along which it will be possible to move the curtains freely to get the required effect – slightly obscure the kitchen or completely block the light. For small bay window, with small window openings, fit exclusively Roman curtains – they do not steal space, while fully fulfilling its functional purpose.
Window curtains are an important part of the interior, they give a special mood
When choosing a color scheme for a bay window, it’s worth remembering that it should Combine with the overall design of the room. But still, choosing a color gamut, it is worth maximizing the benefits of the bay window in terms of add illumination – and abandon saturated and dark colors in favor of light.
About artificial lighting. If located in a bay window dining group – a pendant lamp is suitable for the working area – Install the sconce symmetrically on the bracket. And for the recreation area a wall lamp with a dim, soft light or floor lamp.
Kitchen with bay window: interior features
Separately, it is worth considering the design of the kitchen with a p44t bay window, which appeared in new buildings of the P-44T series in 1979. Kitchen in these high-rise buildings with an area of approximately 13 sq.m, therefore neglect the bay window (it usually has a trapezoidal shape, although in the further development of the series you can meet other forms – rectangle, oval or polygon) with its “non-standard” meters is not worth it at all.
The interior of the kitchen with a p44t bay window is an additional area that You can successfully beat
Before you start decorating, you should solve the problem with heating – this will help to avoid the formation of dampness, and then how the consequence is the appearance of mold. In addition, excessive humidity negatively affect the physical condition of the furniture. Question partially solved by installing high-quality double-glazed windows, but here it can another problem arises – with the provision of ventilation, because in a bay window may be a kind of zone of “standing air”. Besides Moreover, the installation of double-glazed windows only decides the issue of heating partially – if the temperature indicators for the working area are not so important, for a comfortable atmosphere in the dining area – very important. So you have to solve the problem with the choice and installation of heating appliances.
A bright and comfortable bay window in the kitchen is the best option for placement in mute dining table