A lot of light, space and natural materials – principles japanese interior
A man raised in traditional European interiors, Japanese style may initially surprise, even shock – extreme minimalism, almost complete lack of furniture, simplicity on verges of asceticism and a minimum of decor, laconicism and naturalness. The Japanese interior style is impersonal, you will not find many photos of relatives, friends and acquaintances, some trinkets, handicrafts or souvenirs – nothing personal or individual in the interior. The original Japanese-style apartment may seem impersonal, emasculated, but this is only at first glance. Because behind all this, discreet, austere, austere beauty, and the Japanese style itself is filled with philosophical meaning, it simple and at the same time harmonious as nature itself. This is the style for those who are alien to vanity, who value reflection and contemplation.
- Japanese-style interior features
- Japanese interior decoration techniques
Elegant minimalism and conciseness give the interior solidity and status
Japanese-style interior features
Japanese-style interior is a special philosophy, a way to learn yourself, get closer to nature and dissolve in it. That’s why Japanese style design denies pretentious decor, avoids excesses and artificial (unnatural) materials. There are some features that form the Japanese style:
- minimalism is the main and main rule that is observed in everything related to the interior. No extra stuff, no frills – only necessary that is useful in everyday life. Most things are hidden in built-in wardrobes or closed shelves, painted in the tone of the walls – so they are almost indistinguishable. Exactly therefore space seems empty, cluttered
In the Japanese interior, everything is in place, and no excesses
Wood, stone, water and parts neatly laid out on shelves – unrivaled symphony of exquisite taste
- the power of emptiness – by European standards, the Japanese interior – empty space, with a minimum of furniture. In fact, there are many air, freely circulating energy, which according to Japanese tradition vital
Light, spaciousness and conciseness are the basis of stylish, comfortable of interior
- colors – no bright, flashy colors. Japanese style – it is a cloudless sky, sea foam and decayed fall foliage, sakura blossom, full moon and coastal stones. Prevailing Shades – natural, pastel: beige, milky, pearl, dark brown, sand, cream. Often there are interiors, sustained in contrast, black and white. Red and green colors are rarely used, and that is exclusively dark or very light shades, not bright, muffled
Pleasant, discreet natural colors create real comfort philosophy
- unity with nature – in traditional rural Japanese home landscape is a direct continuation and complement interior, which is why the walls facing the terrace make sliding. Decorating an apartment, the Japanese give exceptional preference for natural materials using instead stone tree. Instead of massive walls – light partitions or screens from bamboo or rice paper. The flooring is wooden, that reliable and durable bamboo, on the walls – wooden panels, curtains – exclusively natural, from linen or silk.
Natural materials make this bathroom truly luxurious
Advice! Indoor plants in Japanese bedroom – expressive and concise, strict bonsai, graceful orchids, and no huge ficuses or lush palm trees.
A living bush growing from the earth right in the room is a bright element in restrained japanese bedroom
- furniture – in the Japanese house there is no special furniture for sleeping or sitting, All these functions are performed by a special mattress – futon. Because the the whole Japanese-style design is designed specifically for a seated person, the simplest idea of Japanese furniture is tables, chairs, a sofa and beds, which just sawed off the legs. All Japanese furniture – low, squat designs, but at the same time quite comfortable. Japanese wardrobe mimics under the walls, facades – smooth, without decorations, expressive carving, accessories inconspicuous. All books are stacked in special chests – tansu, peculiar dressers on wheels. The modern Japanese bed is it’s not just a mattress or tatami, in fact – it’s familiar to European bed with headboard, only very low, without legs
Luxurious Japanese-style bedroom with a minimum of furniture
- accessories – in the Japanese interior on the sidelines, but they mandatory, without them the design will be imperfect. They should not be a lot – the Japanese place on one wall only one niche (where set a vase, casket, netsuke, ceramic dishes, elegant porcelain) or one painting, which is the main emphasis. By Japanese opinion, hang several paintings on one wall at once equivalent to listening to several songs at once. IN the decor can be mats, bamboo rugs, silk drawings decorated with hieroglyphics bedspreads, figurines Buddhas, fans, scrolls with wise sayings, interior dolls
The interior details in the Japanese style are elegant and neat
- lighting is not bright, not cutting eyes. Reminiscent of the moon glow, it is soft, with a rich play of light and shadow, midtones relieve nervousness and stress, immersed in a trance, act relaxing. Most often as lighting fixtures involve sconces and floor lamps, on whose plafonds apply traditional for japan drawings. Lampshades for lamps (chandeliers) are made from wood, parchment, natural silk, much less often – porcelain or glass.
In the dim light of bedside lamps fancy shadows create the interior
Japanese interior decoration techniques
Japanese-style interior is real A designer ode in honor of the perfection of simplicity and functionality. In our conditions, recreate an authentic Japanese interior problematic, but some elements can reproduce the basic design concepts:
- Japanese-style materials and texture: rice paper, cedar, bamboo, maple, wicker vine, painted silk
The abundance of light wood in the Japanese interior creates a feeling unity with nature
- traditional attributes – mats, tatami
Tatami cover the floor, providing a comfortable tea party and comfortable evening gatherings
the floor – in the Japanese house they walk around without shoes, so the floor should be теплым и гладким, приятным для босых ног
Комфорт для души, тела и пальчиков ног — концепция интерьера вjapanese style
- ceiling – optimally – suspended, matte, plain. how option – suspended ceiling with illuminated matte glass
Bright pendant ceiling hanging design luminaires makes a complete and perfect interior and bathroom light distribution
- a classic Japanese house has no rooms and walls using curtains, screens and floor level difference it is zoned on functional parts
The original separation of the dining area from the place of preparation food in the kitchen
Using the tatami in the room, you can also highlight functional zones
- glass doors of cabinets, countertops and shelves, as if dissolved in air, do not clutter up space, leaving it open
Gloss of surfaces, minimalism, straight lines and light colors match perfectly with the facades of dark wood furniture
Illuminated suspended ceiling structure, white furniture, soft light fixtures make the kitchen truly airy
- curtains – differ in strict forms and complete absence creases or frills. Most often they are mounted on a window in the likeness screens, so they are often called panel or screen curtains. So that the curtain hangs without folds, exactly, at the base set a rigid insert, so the curtain, like a screen, can move only horizontally.
Screen curtains are often used in Japanese interiors.
Japanese-style bedrooms are a place to break away from the outside world, dream, relax and meditate, it’s good in it to retire and enjoy the tranquility. The atmosphere in such a bedroom imbued with harmony and silence, there are no superfluous and annoying details. Furniture is simple and functional, but at the same time – expressive: cabinets, cabinets and other furniture has a simple geometry and clear, straight lines. Curtains fit here – plain stripes fabrics, light, made of silk or natural cotton without fringe, folds and other “excesses”.
Advice! Porcelain white aromatic lamps with candles, plates – elegant, reminiscent of shape a flower petal, a small vase – all this will give Japanese flavor and add romance, but it does not overload пространство.
Пастельная спальня в японском стиле