Imitation marble wall in the interior
Creating the interior of their own home, everyone wants to achieve maximum comfort and coziness. But beyond that priority the aesthetic appearance of the room remains. Important role in this case every little thing plays. It is necessary to pay attention to everything, and especially to large objects like walls. For their decoration can used a lot of techniques and tools, among which a special place takes Venetian plaster. It is made of marble flour and creates the corresponding effect.
The Venetian was known in ancient Rome. Today she somewhat modified. Now you can create planes in various colors. Her options also improved. use. We will talk about them in more detail later.
- Application technology
Luxurious wall decoration in a modern living room
Venetian plaster will give a feeling of luxury to your the interior
Important! The main feature of the Venetian plaster is its composition. It consists of the waste left after processing marble, or minerals such as granite, quartz, malachite and others. As a rule, these are particles of different sizes, but the smaller they are, the the plane will be smoother.
Together with the raw material, a special substance is purchased to protect and finish finish. As a rule, this is beeswax, but maybe cheaper analogue. Its application allows you to create Attractive glossy effect.
- To get the expected look, it is important to correctly apply the marble plaster. Due to the fact that this is a rather expensive tool, which differs in different subtleties of use, services of the master in this case are not cheap. That is why most prefers to independently perform this task. If you comply all the rules and regulations, then you can create such a finish and yourself.
Noble material with excellent aesthetic properties
Spacious gray-colored living room
Materials and Tools
As with other repair procedures, in this case you need special equipment. Each of the following items has its purpose. For marble interior decoration with stucco you will need:
- primer containing quartz filler – for surface preparation;
- water – for setting the solution;
- stucco mixture to create venetian plaster – myself the material is intended for basic processes;
- tints – allow you to get any desired shade;
- fine skin – for grouting and grinding;
- wax – can be liquid or pasty, used to protection against dust, dirt and other factors, as well as for creating gloss;
- spatula or roller – for primer;
- trowel – for spreading the mixture on the surface. She must be rounded so as not to leave ugly sharp traces on the surface;
- rubber spatula or woolen mitt – for wax;
- rags – in order to wipe hands, tools, floor and etc .;
- containers – for mixtures and liquids.
Advice! You can buy all this in specialized construction or hardware stores.
Getting to work
Having acquired all the necessary tools and raw materials, you can safely start off. Due to the fact that you use decorative material, The first step is to prepare the surface for its application.
Important! Preliminary processes depend on how Looks and what your panel is made of. If it’s brick masonry, then it must first be leveled and sanded. IN in the case of applying decor to a drywall construction, it is enough apply starting putty.
Perfectly smooth walls will help to apply the coating correctly
Attention! The area on which the marble base will lay down, it should be even and smooth, otherwise all defects will appear through the decorative coating. After once the base is ready, you can go to the next step – primer.
The smooth, embossed wall decoration is done on third stage of work
Advice! Be sure to use a primer containing quartz. From it and water in a separate container we prepare a 20% solution, which is later applied to the wall with a spatula or roller, in depending on the amount of work. Primed surface should dry well.
Next, prepare the mixture itself. To this stage stands proceed only after the previous one is completely completed, since if you make the solution in advance, you may have difficulty in work related to the fact that he will freeze and will require more water, if not at all unsuitable for use.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared container and add water according to the proportions indicated on the package. If you want your surface had any shade, right now you need add color.
Colors and texture of wall coverings
Advice! Today on the market presents a huge range of colors from different manufacturers. The choice of color depends on your preferences and imagination. But remember about that marble is still a natural element, so for design is better to choose more natural shades.
- Application is performed in three steps. The first layer is a kind of foundation. It should be solid and even. Superimposed with a trowel, but you can use a roller, if it’s more convenient for you. It should dry well. On it like usually takes up to 8 hours. The next layer allows you to create texture, so it is applied with arbitrary strokes. By applying a mixture smooth her.
Advice! To keep the task done efficiently, hold the tool is clean. It is impossible for parts to remain on it solution, so every time you need to wash it. For this you you will need a piece of rags and a solvent. Like previous, this layer should dry.
Perfectly smooth wall – the main point before application coverings
- The third layer is the final one. It will be from its quality that depend on the result. Therefore, treat its creation with full responsibility. As you know, marble is characterized by the presence of streaks and stains. Therefore, so that the item being processed has desired effect, a solution of one color, but two shades. It is simultaneously applied to the trowel and smeared on surface.
Attention! In order not to spoil panel, when creating the third layer, it is necessary to apply wavy movements or strokes. In no case in full.
By adding any shade, you can get unusual solutions in the interior of any room
Important! Before continuing to process the panel, you must wait for everything to dry. It will take about a day. When all wet spots disappear, it is worth arming yourself with emery with small fractions and polish all the flaws.
If you are sure that the wall looks perfect and has no flaws, then you can finish the finish. The last layer is applied wax, which gives the Venetian a special gloss. It lays down in a continuous layer at using a rubber spatula, after which it is rubbed with a piece of wool tissue. One time is enough. It will be possible to repeat later 10-15 years if you get bored with the design.
Like any material, the Venetian is distinguished by her positive and negative sides. Consider what they are are concluded. Let’s start with the cons. These include high cost and difficulty in doing the work. But all this smoothed by the positive sides:
- durability – the coating lasts more than 15 years, after which just update the wax coating;
- safety – environmentally friendly, it includes only natural components, therefore not toxic and does not cause allergies
- aesthetics – marble powder creates a unique effect, which looks great in the interior, it is appreciated thanks to the special effect of the game of sunlight and fixtures, which created by a large number of layers.
You can evaluate all this only by seeing in person what it looks like. finish.
The use of Venetian plaster in the interior
Important! Venetian, unlike the mineral from which manufactured, intended for internal use only. At the same time, it can not be applied in the bathroom and in other rooms with high humidity.
Transparent coating allows you to apply any shade and achieve indescribable play of light on the surface
Marble flour allows you to refine any room. She can used both in the hallway or living room, and in the bedroom. Important, so that the panel does not differ in style from the overall design. So decorate not only living quarters, but also hotels, cafes and offices.
When developing the interior, you can use the above decor only on the wall, but also to decorate individual elements of the room, such as cornices, columns and others. It is important that the item adorned in this way, natural or artificial lighting for the play of light.