Table of contents:
- 1 We build from heat-insulating materials
- 2 Laying insulation between walls during construction
- 3 External insulation
- 3.1 Warming process
- 4 Internal insulation
- 5 videos
Not so long ago, many people did not understand why to insulate the walls of your home. Now, with the rise in price of fuel, there are not many people who would not like to cut your heating costs. Since the question is how to do thermal insulation of the walls is very relevant, we will consider a few options for performing this task.
- Construction of heat-insulating materials.
- Laying insulation between the walls at the stage of construction buildings.
- External insulation.
- Internal insulation.
Let us dwell on each method, describing the technology in detail, by opportunities affecting advantages and disadvantages.
We build from heat-insulating materials
Home construction from aerated concrete
In principle, it is possible to make from existing ordinary materials a warm wall, only for this it should be 1 meter thick! In addition to increased consumption of building materials, would need to fork out for a more powerful foundation for such heavy structure. Although they used to build just that, now these technology has remained unclaimed due to the appearance on the market a new type of building material – thermal insulation. It:
- aerated concrete (twin blocks);
- foam concrete;
- expanded clay blocks;
- expanded clay concrete.
In a wooden house in winter heat
Wooden houses also have good thermal insulation properties, but this article will not talk about them.
Learn more about the characteristics of this or that listed material you can follow the appropriate link.
Each of these materials has a different thermal conductivity, therefore wall thickness is selected individually, taking into account the region in which a house will be built.
Laying insulation between walls during construction
Masonry walls with insulation
If the house is only planned to be built, then you can consider option of internal wall insulation. In this case, are used materials not distinguished by high rates in heat saving. Typically, these are:
- cinder blocks;
- stone (shell rock, for example);
- for exterior use facing brick.
Even at the stage of designing the foundation, the width of the wall is taken into account together with a heater.
The insulation must be moisture resistant, therefore it is used polystyrene, fiberglass or penoizol.
We will not describe the construction process, since this is a topic another article, but in general terms we can say that there are several insulation placement options:
- At the same time, walls are being erected (bearing and facing), and between they immediately fit insulation.
- 2 walls are being erected and a void remains between them, which filled with bulk insulation material or concrete based expanded clay. Someone decides to leave air as a heater layer or blow out penoizol there.
- The structure is being erected, the walls are insulated and sheathed with facing a brick.
The outer part of the wall can be made of simple brick, and then plaster it and veneer with decorative stone.
Outdoor foam insulation at home
In the previous subtitle, insulation has already been mentioned constructed building, but if the foundation is not designed for additional load, then without its amplification it is impossible to use facing brick. In this case, the insulation is putty or a ventilated facade is installed. If you are skinning facade thermal panels, then the finish will not be needed.
Preparing the wall for facade insulation polystyrene foam
The walls need to be prepared and if they are uneven, they will have to be plaster, otherwise the consumption of expensive glue will be very large. IN in some cases, foundation insulation may be required.
We must not forget about the base – it also needs to be insulated.
Polyfoam or mineral wool need to be fixed on the wall, protected from precipitation and other external influences. More details with insulation technology with these materials can be found, after reading the articles:
- How to insulate walls with polystyrene foam.
- Facade insulation with foam.
- How to insulate the facade with mineral wool.
Insulation of walls from the inside
When it comes to warming the walls of a frame structure, then everything is extremely simple here, since the insulating material mounted inside the frame and sheathed. More detailed technology insulation is described here.
It is quite another thing when you need to insulate the walls in the apartment. Right away it should be noted that for any other houses, except frame, this warming is carried out only as a last resort, if impossible perform outdoor. For this, there can be only a few significant reasons:
- The house is of historical value, and no work on it the facade cannot be produced.
- Outside to the wall that needs to be insulated, it is impossible to get close or it will not be possible to fix the insulation on it (for example, behind a wall there is a deformation seam between buildings, an elevator shaft or another unheated room).
Features insulating walls from the inside
Why are we talking about the internal insulation of the apartment, how about unwanted? To make it clearer, consider what will happen occur in winter.
- If the wall is insulated from the outside, then a layer of insulation protects it from cold, and it remains warm, warmed up to plus temperature a heated room.
- With internal insulation, the outer part of the wall is not protected nothing, but now it is no longer heated from the inside, as a result of which the dew point is shifted to the point of contact with the heater. Big the amount of moisture causes mold. Moreover, freezing and thawing of the wall leads to its premature destruction.
The statistics are disappointing, but if there is no other way, then will have to dwell on this particular method of warming – most importantly, do it right.
The positive side of the internal insulation of the apartment is that the work can be done in any weather and there is no need attract industrial climbers.
- Without fail, between the wall and the insulation should be vapor barrier placed.
- You need to worry about the ventilation device.
- If the dimensions of the room allow, then you need between the wall and Leave an air gap with thermal insulation material. For this the crate is made of aluminum profile and is not installed close to the wall, and thermal insulation is already attached to it.
A few square meters of area will be lost, but such a sacrifice justified.
We examined the main methods of wall insulation and sincerely We hope that you spend the winter in a warm and dry room.
This video is a step-by-step guide for outdoor insulation walls:
Watch a video that shows how to make a brick masonry with insulation: