Table of contents:
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Varieties
- 2.1 Polycarbonate
- 2.2 Metal
- 2.3 Plastic
- 2.4 From corrugated board
- 2.5 From a metal tile
- 2.6 Wood
- 2.7 Forged
- 3 Production of a single-pitch visor
- 4 Production of arched visor from polycarbonate
- 5 Gable construction
- 6 videos
- 7 Photos
- 8 Schemes
The front door in a private house / cottage is exposed to aggressive environmental impact. The visor partially protects the door from destruction. There are many mounting options for these structures. In this article you will learn how to make a visor above the porch so so that it is a beautiful and reliable decoration of the house, regularly performing its main functions.
The main functional purpose of the visors:
- Protect the front door from precipitation and the scorching sun.
- Provide comfort to the homeowner. For example, open the lock more pleasant under a canopy, especially in bad weather.
- Decorating the exterior of the house.
Most often, owners of private houses make visors on order. If you also do not have time to make this design, then you can do the same. But save if necessary family budget, you can make a visor with your own hands. Whatever nor was your visor high-quality and appropriate your requests, we suggest you familiarize yourself with the varieties visors and their features.
Polycarbonate visors are in great demand today among consumers. This is not surprising, because this material It has several advantages:
- Sold in a wide range of colors.
Although there are materials for covering the visor and cheaper, but polycarbonate performance fully justifies its cost. Below will be instructions for manufacturing arched visor from this material.
To work with metal, you need a welding machine and some skills in working with him. Although metal is cheaper than polycarbonate, but working with it is an order of magnitude more complicated. You can bypass welding work using mechanical standard connections of metal elements at help of bolts and nuts.
Among the advantages of metal is worth noting:
- Affordable for the price.
- Durability (provided that it will be timely treated with anti-corrosion agents).
It is because of the need for regular metal care, many consumers refuse to manufacture visors from him.
To install a polycarbonate visor, you still have to make a metal base under it. In this case, the benefits polycarbonate still has more, since the frame under it takes up to 30% of the entire structure, due to the lightness of the roofing material. A if you cover the structure with a metal visor, then take care it’s necessary both for the frame and for the roof.
Made of plastic
Plastic plates suitable for installing a visor are more expensive than PVC used for interior work. Therefore, the cost of PVC the roof is not as small as we would like. Outwardly, such plates resemble polycarbonate.
Plastic can be installed on the frame of any shape. you can buy white plates and stick on them a film of the desired color or purchase they are already pasted over.
- A light weight.
- Easy installation.
From corrugated board
Today corrugated board is in great demand among consumers. According to sales, we can say that he took the market leading positions. It is used to make fences and roofing. Among the shortcomings of the material, it is worth noting the instability to mechanical damage. Even the lightest dent will already be noticeably on corrugated board.
If you decide to purchase this one for arranging the visor option of a covering, then buy a professional flooring of higher quality and more fat. It is much easier to work with it than with metal. and metal.
If you decide to make a visor from a metal tile, then remember its color and structure must match the roofing material the roof. The difference in color and texture, even the slightest, will be very noticeable.
It is best to make a roof from a metal tile at the stage of covering house or other building, on the front door to which you decided make a visor. In this case, you will be able to make a visor from the remains of metal from the roof of the roof.
As a roofing material for the visor can also shingles or other similar roofing material, even roofing material of a domestic manufacturer.
This refers to the manufacture of a wooden frame. IN the quality of the roofing material may fit the same polycarbonate, metal, sheet metal, slate, etc. For old houses such a visor is best suited. In addition, among buildings for the exterior of which a wooden structure is suitable peak – houses from a log house, restored huts and structures, made in the style of fachwerk.
The best design decision will be a visor, the frame of which made of forging. It will serve as a worthy decoration at home. However, such a design will cost you a pretty penny. Forged visor can be combined with roofing materials such as polycarbonate, tile and even plastic.
Forged visor is quite heavy, so that it served really long, you need to install it correctly.
Forging fits almost any design, as it can consist of both coarse and refined elements. If on The infield already has forged elements, then a visor should be done in the same style with them.
Making a single-peak visor
To make such a design, you will need a list materials:
- Cornice strip.
- Metal corners.
- Abutment bar.
- Decking / flexible tile.
- Anchors, screws and screws.
Of the tools you need the following:
- Welding machine.
- Hacksaw for metal / grinder.
Before starting the production of the visor, you need to sketch its sketch. To build a very specific visor you need to do certain measurements, such as the width and length of the porch. To received add another 60 cm to the figure. This will be the width of your design. For getting the visor length you need to measure the distance from the input doors to the end of the porch, adding up to this figure another order of 15–20 cm. visor height calculated according to architecture at home.
The slope of the visor should be about 20º.
Using this data, you can draw a sketch on paper or in special program on a computer to scale.
According to the design, cut the metal corners. Length rafters from the corners equals the height of the ramp. From the corners also need make struts and wall beams. Frame parts are connected between by yourself using a welding machine. The frame is fixed above porch.
Lock the wall beam. This is done with screws. from stainless steel, and anchors are used to fasten struts. Make a crate of bars, setting it on the rafters. If in the quality of the roofing material will be corrugated, then there should be a distance of 30 cm between the rails. For flexible tiles need to prepare a continuous crate. On her afterwards roofing material will be laid out.
You can fix flexible tiles with self-tapping screws. Flexible tiles are overlapped, not butt.
Now you need to fix the metal bar adjacent to top of the ramp. On its lower side you need to attach cornice strip and then connect and install the gutter and the pipe.
Making an arched visor from polycarbonate
To make such a design is not difficult even for an inexperienced in construction to man. The finished frame can be purchased at hardware store or build it yourself.
As in the previous case, before starting work on manufacturing arched visor, you need to take measurements and draw sketch.
- Make a frame from a 12-16 mm square pipe or aluminum pipe. Bend the pipe along the radius of the arched visor. You You will need to make 2 identical arcs.
- Connect the arcs with straight pipe sections at both ends. To the frame of the arched visor was more rigid, weld on it with inner side connecting beam.
- Then weld the awnings to the back arc. With their help will be the visor was mounted to the wall of the house.
- Now clean the frame from rust and scale. Primer it and color.
- Install the arched structure above the porch with wood screws.
- Secure the screws with polycarbonate.
Farm for arched visor
If you make a visor above the porch of a one-story house, then make it so that the edges of the overhangs protrude above the porch on 20-30 cm. Thus, the possibility of falling will be excluded water / snow at the place of attachment of the visor to the wall, which will extend it operational period.
A gable visor is more difficult to make. But he provides the best protection against oblique rain. Yes, and if necessary Snow clearing will make this easier. Gable visor stiffer its analogues, therefore, has a high level of wind protection.
First you need to take measurements and perform a sketch. Then follows calculate the dimensions of the triangular brackets and crates.
The final result of the visor is completely dependent on accuracy of measurements. Therefore, this stage of work cannot be take it lightly.
- Make 2 brackets. They can be metal or wooden. To do this, connect two perpendicular beams between yourself and fasten them with a brace at an angle of 45-60º.
- Fix the brackets at a distance that would equal visor width. Vertical beams of the resulting bracket attach to the wall, level and fasten with 3-4 stainless steel screws.
- If the visor should be support, then make brackets not necessary. Instead, you need to install metal / wood pillars. Dig holes under the pillars at the required distance from each other friend. Make a sand pillow in the pit, tamp it. To the sand shrunk, lightly moisten it with water. Install the pillar and fill concrete. The upper ends of the posts are connected by supporting beams.
- Rafters make of wooden blocks / edged boards. If the visor is small, then two pairs of rafters will be enough for you. Fasten the rafter legs together with bolts. Then fasten rafters on the upper beams of the brackets and install ridge beam.
- Make a crate. It can be made from boards / beams / plywood. The choice of material is optional.
- Install hooks for installing gutters.
- Lay the roofing material in accordance with the instructions from manufacturer. Now you need to install the bar adjacent to the wall and wind bars to the front of the gable visor. They are among among other things, they will protect the structure from moisture and snow.
- Now you need to install the gutter and the cornice. Remember that the bottom edge of the bar must be lowered into the gutter. Secure the drainpipe.
Before installing wooden structural elements, each of them need to be treated with antiseptics that will significantly increase them operational period.
So, depending on the type of visor and your skills in working with with the tools listed in the article, you can make a visor by yourself. If, after reading the instructions, you understand that these work for you too much, it is better to order a ready-made visor. there is questions on the topic? Ask them to our expert. You can experience share in the comments to the article.
In the video provided, you can clearly learn about the intricacies making a visor above the porch:
In this photo gallery, you will see many interesting ideas on visor manufacturing:
On the balcony
Corner above the porch
Above the entrance
With forging elements
If you decide to make a visor yourself, then the schemes, set out below will help you design your own model peak:
Arched pattern visor
Visor with supports
Metal circuit visor
Canopy over the porch