Table of contents:
- 1 What can it be
- 2 Options for Wall Key Holders
- 3 Pocket key keeper
- 4 Table key holder
- 5 videos
- 6 Photos
In search of what is most often a person before leaving houses? It may be a mobile phone, which accounts for Call from another or home. Glasses that are forever somewhere are hiding. Well, the most important thing is the keys. It is them disappears the most stress when they remain until the meeting a few minutes. So that all these things are always in sight, it is important to know how to make a housekeeper with your own hands.
What can she be
The key keeper is a small device whose design limited only by the creative abilities of a particular person. She may be:
- Wall mounted. It is usually located closer to the exit at eye level, to always be visible. May have in its design hooks, or a more creative way of attaching ligaments.
- Pocket. It is a small wallet in which hiding keys. Such a product is useful in that it eliminates the appearance of scratches on any gadgets, and also prevent the appearance of holes in pockets and bags.
- Tabletop. In this case, it can be made in the form of small boxes with attractive patterns. In order not to forget to put keys in it, a special one is put on them trinket.
- Settled on the cabinet door. Many near the exit set dressing table. Why not use the inner surface doors with greater benefit.
This item does not have to be a habitat only. keys. Additionally it can be adapted for business or other notes. A special mount will be useful for glasses or mobile phone. In addition, additional shelves will allow forget where the brush and shoe polish last time was left. Also here you can store portable drives (flash drives), well or covers from them, which certainly strive somewhere stock up. If the wall key holders are close to doors, then it is better to provide additional levels of protection, so that nobody sticking his hand in, could not take possession of the bunch.
There are a huge number of ready-made options. They are Designed for the place where they will be used. For office or other companies make metal products that have a built-in lock. Hotels boast solutions that created for a specific interior. Warehouse does not differ sophistication, but designed to fulfill their the main function, not to please the eye. But the repair of a house or apartment – reflection of the inner world of its inhabitants. Therefore, it is required individual approach.
Options for wall key holders
Need hooks and wooden branch
In the hands of a creative person, any little thing can become an element design or decoration. To make the simplest option will need:
- intricate shape branch;
- metal hooks;
- hammer drill;
- self-tapping screws;
The hooks are screwed into piece of wood
A knot from oak, larch or other wood whose wood is different high strength. But this is not important, you can take what will like it the most.
- A piece of wood is sanding with sandpaper. If possible the bark is cleared. This must be done because it can start unpleasant neighbors that will undermine the wood.
- Using a drill, several holes are drilled. All will be depend on how many keychains are in the family. Diameter should be slightly smaller than the diameter of the hook thread. Two more additional will be required for wall mounting.
- To give the desired tone, the product can be coated with stain. After drying completely on the surface, it’s worth going over shallow sandpaper to remove the rising fibers.
- The next step is behind the varnish. He will give the suspension complete appearance. You can use both matte and glossy, all will depend on which is better suited to the interior.
- The element is applied to the wall, and marks are made under mounts for mounting.
- Holes are prepared with a puncher, dowels are inserted and the key keeper is screwed into place.
- Hats of self-tapping screws are sinking. You can decorate them linings or putty on wood.
- The final touch will be screwing the hooks and hanging keychains.
This option will be an excellent solution for baths, log houses or logs. Well suited to interiors, where the decoration used wood. Additionally, each hook can be marked some kind of symbol. Their application is electric a burner or other method.
As a frame
Most homes have photo frames. Some of them, perhaps they have been gathering dust on shelves for a long time, because they have nowhere to put. There is an advantage to breathe new life into them. For this also will need:
- a small piece of plywood or fiberboard;
- decorative hooks.
If the appearance of the frame is not very like, then it can To grind and paint in that color which suits best. Plywood or fiberboard are dimensioned so that fit on the protruding sides of the frame. Additionally this the element can be covered with some kind of fabric. In this case, it will be required make a gap of several millimeters on each side. Case fixed with glue. It hooks are attached to the surface. The final touch will be wall mounting.
Alternatively, the sheet material may not be used so that close the frame. Enough after processing it into the inner upper end the hooks and additionally decorate them.
If you have the skills to work with a jigsaw hand saw or electrical, then you can implement another unique project. For him you will need:
- a piece of plywood measuring 25 × 15 cm;
- stain or paint.
Before starting production, you should think about what you wanted in the form to see key rings. It could be a figurine of a boy and a girl, circles of various diameters, figures of objects to which keys are related. Next, you can find a suitable simple drawing in Internet or draw it yourself. After that:
- The ends of the plank are processed. Chamfers and corners are rounded off. This can be done manually with sandpaper or with help grinding machine.
- A drawn or printed picture is applied to the plane. Make it necessary so that its lower part coincided with the bottom edge of the workpiece.
- A pen or pencil transfers the image. His can simply be transferred with a suitable metal object.
- The lines are drawn so that they are clearly visible.
- The manual or electric jigsaw in which it is installed file with a small tooth, cuts are made according to the intended contour.
- Figures are laid aside.
- The main sheet is cut 5 mm from the bottom. it it is necessary that the trinkets protrude a little.
- The surface of the cut products is ground to remove all chipped. Drill holes for the rings.
- If desired, the surface can be varnished, painted, stain or make some kind of pattern using a burner or knives for cutting.
- The product is screwed to the wall.
Key keeper for big families
Such a housekeeper can be tailored to each member of the family. For example, for dad and mom, larger trinkets are made, and for smaller children. Each of them will have its own place and will no longer get lost.
Another interesting solution would be a key keeper from a small bar. For work you will need:
- bar 25 × 8 × 3 cm;
- end circular saw or jigsaw;
- a vise or stand in which you can withstand an angle of 45 °;
- metal or wood blanks.
Wood handles well with a grinder or other device. The corners can be slightly rounded, but do not overdo it, because the product will lose its appearance. Then, every 5–7 cm, cross marks are made with lines. By These marks are cut at 45 °. They should be up mid, otherwise the design will simply lose its strength. The bar is fixed to the wall so that the slot went down. For each keychain is made a small metal or wooden keychain. In shape, he can be anything you like, but its thickness must match the width drank it up. When the keys are no longer needed, the keychain is simply inserted into gap.
Bar key keeper
You can refuse trinkets. Then the slots can do this the size so that one of the keys crawls through them. It will be enough insert it into place and you’re done. Slots do not have to be at an angle. It is possible to arrange them completely horizontally.
Another interesting option would be to use small furniture locks. They can be purchased at any specialized the store. Their number should correspond to the number of members families. Additionally, you will need:
- wooden block;
- feather drills;
- sandpaper or grinder.
From the old castles
The beam should be so thick that the inside of the castle could completely fit in it and not peek out. Pen drills two sizes will be needed. The first must match the diameter of the core, and the second to the diameter of the clamping nut. Wood processed as desired so that the shape and configuration of the final products fit the existing elements in the house. Markup is in progress. It is necessary to consider the width facing ring. A smaller diameter drill is drilled hole on the front side. Trying on a castle. Using roulette measures the length of the thread for the nut. From the back to the depth is slightly less than the length of the thread a large hole is drilled drill. This is necessary to recess the fastener. The design is fixed to the wall. Every keyhole subscribed or highlighted in a specific color.
The original solution may be the use of technology decoupage. At its core, it is a decoration process. various surfaces with your favorite pattern or picture. For the entire operation will need:
- any wooden blank;
- a napkin or a rice card with a favorite pattern;
- PVA glue;
- acrylic lacquer;
- acrylic white paint.
The surface is well cleaned and sanded. Next, the background is prepared. to apply the desired image. For this, the front side stained with white composition. After the first layer has dried, one more must be applied. This way you can hide everything limitations. From the napkin or rice card, the necessary plot. Or the edges simply break off so that they are not exactly circumcised, because it will not look so attractive. The drawing is placed in the middle of the prepared surface. Large PVA glue is applied with a brush. Begin from the middle and move to the edges. It is in this case that you can smooth out well paper, and remove all air bubbles. Glue needed grab and dry. If the edges are left empty, you can decorate. The coloring composition is selected in tone with the overall picture. A small piece of foam sponge is cut off and clamped into clothespin. The device is dipped in pigment, excess is removed and blotting is done in gaps where there is no lining. The final touch will be a protective varnish. It is applied in two layers. To make it easier to see bald spots, just turn the plane to the light. After drying, you will need to walk with a fine sandpaper, to smooth out the flaws. Hooks are selected as desired.
In addition to open options, you can make secret, which will hidden behind a picture or other decorative element. For work need a small wooden box. You can take any of the under cigars, creams, and the old box, which is no longer used for its intended purpose. Mounted on top of cover frame with some kind of beautiful picture. A recess is made in the wall. If it is drywall, then it will be enough to cut it according to size required. In the case of a concrete wall, a little tinker with. The contour is cut with a diamond wheel grinder, and the rest goes astray. In the middle is placed the main compartment and secured with screws and dowels to the wall or spacers mechanisms to drywall and crate. For main cover will have to pick up loops that would allow her to open together with the picture frame. Hooks are made inside. If no one show, it will be difficult to guess what is behind the picture or photo something is hiding.
If there are children in the house who like to play Lego constructor, then some of its parts can be used to fix keys. For This is perfect for a single bar or a small module. His must be glued or screwed onto the wall. As a keychain a small brick will be used. There are pre-made items in which holes have already been made. In case of their absence they are easy drill or melt with a hot awl or nail. When you need to leave the keys, you need to attach the part to the board.
A variation on the theme of Lego will be the use of men from this constructor. It should be done as described above, but the figures for it is better to stick the bar. Hands will also have to be firmly fixed. The ring is inserted into the palm of your hand or simply hung on the forearm. It looks nice – it looks like the designer asks not to forget house keys.
A convenient and unobtrusive option is a unique design, which allows you to suspend the keys without even looking. For implementation ideas will need a metal magnetic plate. Usually such apply to knives in the kitchen. Just choose the convenient place near the exit, screw it to the wall and use. Than the more keys are not made of non-ferrous metals, the more reliable the bunch will be hold on.
Do not limit yourself in terms of the materials used. For example, do not buy ready-made hooks. If nobody left in the house unnecessary keys to the old castle or apartment, then the holes in them perfect for fastening with a self-tapping screw to the surface, and bent the ends will be for hanging. Plugs can be used in the same purposes. In aluminum products, the teeth are bent so that got a greeting gesture with two fingers raised or branches climbing plants. Small wooden knots glued on base, will also act as holders.
A beautiful solution that fits almost any the interior will be the use of beads or wooden balls. For you will need to complete the work:
- balls of various sizes according to the number of ligaments;
- a small wooden block;
- strong thread or chain.
Housekeeper with wooden keychains
Through balls are made through holes. Through the holes threaded rope or chain. One end is fixed when using a smaller bead or a beautiful nodule. The second part is attached to the ring. In the processed bar transverse slots are made and it fixed to the wall. In order to hang the product, enough just pass the thread through the slot, the balls will not give ligaments fall out.
In the form of a box decoupage
You can supplement any key holder with a small drawer, which will serve as an organizer. You can buy it in the store, where household utensils are sold. Often their purpose is clothespin storage. It is also easy to assemble from small slats. plywood. Such a product would be a great device for mobile phone or glasses.
Pocket key keeper
It’s much more convenient to carry things when they are neat. packaged. Pocket key keeper is not only functional accessory, but also part of the image of its owner. She may be made with any pattern or be with the family coat of arms and initials. All this can be done independently. For one of Common options will need:
- a skin flap measuring 16 × 10.5 cm;
- leather rivets;
- blank for the key holder with carabiners;
The key keeper will look prettier if its edges are rounded. For marking, you can use the bottle cap, the key from the intercom or something suitable. Further actions go in such order:
- A blank with carbines.
- Marks from the holes are transferred to the skin.
- Inside, a bunch of keys is laid and the edges are wrapped. it will allow you to try where to install rivets in order so that the product closes. The corresponding mark is made.
- The space that is under the keys is done lining of the same leather. This will strengthen the back wall and prevent her wear.
- Punched marks are made according to the marks holes.
- The workpiece is fixed with rivets, and then the rivets are mounted on lapels.
An additional highlight will be a line of contrasting thread, which can be done with a slight indent from the edge.
Another option can be done on the principle of multitool. For to determine which specific piece of skin will be needed, you need to collect all the keys in one press and fasten them with something. You will need to attach them to the material and make notes of width with a margin of several millimeters. Next, twists and turns marks are made. One side remains open while the retainer serves as a strap. The bottom line is that the keys will be in the case, and take them out possible by the principle of a penknife. Of additional components you will need eyelets and furniture hardware. Last usually used for fastening adjacent cabinets. is he is a threaded bolt that goes into the tube. Hats they have done the same.
- In places where the keys will be fixed, a hole is made.
- Elements are put in place, between them are placed small pads made of leather so that they do not rub and do not rang.
- Furniture hardware is inserted.
- Rivets are fixed to the strap and to one of the sides.
- A grommet is installed in the lower part, to which it will be possible fasten a keychain or something else.
Someone prefers a wallet-shaped key holder. For this a piece of leather is picked up, lightning is sewn into it. The ends are sutured. A small braid with a ring or carbine is attached inside. Bunch keys hung on her.
Table key holder
A table key holder is very often located on a dressing table. It is installed in the most visible place, so that when you enter the apartment you don’t looking to throw keys and go about their business. In her role, you can use any small saucer or packaging from jewelry. There are ready-made solutions in the form of products in the shape of a shell or small lockers.
As you can see, wooden key holders or metal ones are affordable solution. You can make them yourself using what is at hand. Many of the above solutions can use as a basis for your own research. It is interesting to us, what ideas have you got. Share them in the comments to article.
How to make a beautiful Japanese-style wooden housekeeper:
Workshop on the production of pocket key holders:
Metal key holder
As a key
Key box wall