Table of contents:
- 1 How to deal with a feeling of cold
- 2 What materials to apply
- 3 Warm floor
- 4 videos
If there is another residential floor under the bathroom, then the residents usually not interested in how to insulate the floor in the bathroom. Another thing if this room is located on the ground floor, that is, underneath there is either a cold basement, or generally soil.
How to deal with the feeling of cold
If the floor is cold
Since in bathrooms it is customary to lay the floor with tiles, then it can become warm only in one case – if you will from below to heat something. The fact is that the tile itself is this is a cold material, standing on which bare feet you will feel discomfort like ceramic tiles draws heat out of you. Therefore, even if you are used to walking barefoot all year around the house, being on the “bare” floor in the bathroom the room will not be too pleasant for you.
What materials to apply
Approximate insulation scheme
In addition, the tile does not give you warm sensations, reduce its temperature (below room level) can be under it colder materials (if the floor of the house floor relies directly on soil) or unheated rooms (such as a basement).
In these cases, you should take care of additional insulation gender. And since it is necessary to insulate the floor in the bathroom so that when this did not suffer its waterproofing property, then the material for this it is necessary to choose a rigid, not deforming under weight man, furniture and flooring. Best for these purposes extruded polystyrene foam is suitable. He has a small density, but it is a plate material that can be use for floor insulation. It should be laid on a layer vapor barrier to prevent unnecessary moisture from the ground or from the thickness of the overlap.
Floor insulation polystyrene foam
On top of the polystyrene foam must be filled cement-sand screed with a thickness of at least 5-6 centimeters. At the screed should be reinforced with a metal mesh to the monolithic construction turned out. But between extruded polystyrene foam and screed to put waterproofing film no of great necessity, since this type of insulation water in itself is not absorbs and does not swell, but a ceramic tile which will lying on top of the whole structure, water in general through itself is not skips (except seams).
Underfloor heating in the bathroom the room
But in order to get a really warm floor, decide how to insulate the floor in the bathroom, it is necessary not only in terms of application thermal insulation materials, but also using the same name technology. Warm floors have long ceased to be exotic, becoming a Russian necessity, especially in areas with cold winters and apartment houses where young children live.
Of course, you can arrange “warm floors” not only in the bathroom room, but also in other rooms. But usually it’s the bathroom becomes the first candidate for a heated room the floor. In addition, the fact that on the floor in the bathroom will lie ceramic tiles will not create problems for you in the future with thermal deformation of the floor covering, since it simply doesn’t subject to.
Water floor heating in bath
True, not everyone can make a “warm floor” succeed, therefore it is recommended to contact for work professionals in this field. However, know what the “pie” looks like. This option of gender, nevertheless follows all. So:
- First of all, the surface to be laid “warm floor” must be leveled.
- Then a waterproofing layer is spread on it (it will not allow get moisture from below).
- Along the perimeter of the room, they stack and fix the damper tape.
- A special material having cells for pipe fixing. This material immediately plays the role of fasteners and thermal insulation that does not allow heat to go down.
- Then the pipes are poured with cement-sand mortar reinforced special mesh.
- Ceramic tiles are laid on the adhesive on the screed.
As you can see, the main problem with a device of this gender is proper pipe routing. In a small room on your own it can be done as follows:
- Level the floor slab with a screed or sprinkled, and then tamping the sand.
- Spread polyethylene (it will play the role of vapor barrier).
- Lay the extruded polystyrene foam (or plain polystyrene foam with a thickness of at least 2 centimeters).
- Then lay the reinforcing mesh (mesh size 100x100mm, rod thickness 4-5mm).
- Roll out and fasten (with plastic clamps) special flexible pipe for “warm floors” so that its beginning and the end was next to the distribution manifold. Stack the pipe only in those places where you will walk barefoot in the bathroom a room (for example, lay a pipe under the bathtub or shower cabin itself not necessary). The step between the “turns” of the pipe is usually 25-30 centimeters.
- In the place where the pipe will come out of the concrete screed and connect to the collector, be sure to install protective corners.
- Connect the pipes to the manifold. Fill the system and check it for tightness.
- Fill the screed with a thickness of at least 5 centimeters (but not more than ten).
After it hardens, you can lay ceramic on the glue the tile.
Video instruction for installing an electric floor heating: