Table of contents:
- 1 Choosing a toilet
- 2 Removing the old toilet
- 3 Site Preparation
- 4 Installation of a new
- 4.1 Video
- 5 per tile
- 5.1 Open Method
- 5.2 Closed method
- 6 Wall hung toilet
- 6.1 Installation on a concrete base
- 6.2 Step by step instructions
- 6.3 Installation
- 7 Some problems
- 8 Toilet Care
- 9 Schemes
Installing a toilet yourself is not very difficult if understand some of the details of the functioning of the system. Before how to put a new unit, the master will have to do work on dismantling the old. It is also necessary to pick up a new toilet with a tank so that the kit fits well in the bathroom. In this article we’ll talk about how to install a toilet on the tiles with your own hands (tile), and also demonstrate a video installation lesson.
Toilet seat selection
- 1 Toilet seat selection
- 2 Dismantling an old toilet
- 3 Site preparation
- 4 Installation of a new
- 5 On the tile
- 6 Wall hung toilet
- 7 Some problems
- 8 Toilet care
- 9 Schemes
Before installation, you must select the desired kit. Today is all leading brands in the plumbing market produce a lot of lines various toilets and bidets. In order not to get confused in such a variety models, you need to approach buying meaningfully.
- Material. First of all, you need to pay attention to the material, from which the toilet is made. In stock stores you can find models of sanitary ware, porcelain, cast iron and other materials. Noted that china has the best characteristics. He is easy cleans and does not absorb odors, which is important for such subject like a toilet. Many people buy inexpensive sanitary ware. This material is still very popular, however it is not the best. Sanitary Ware porous, it perfectly absorbs odors from which it does not so easy to get rid of.
- Price. The cost of toilets today varies in the widest limits. Buying very cheap units is not recommended, because that they can then cause a lot of trouble. Poor quality ceramics and components will force the owner to overpay in the future to the master for repairing the system. It’s not worth buying too much expensive units. It hardly makes sense to acquire a luxurious toilet on a golden leg to an ordinary city apartment.
- Model. The range of toilets is very wide. When buying an assembly, must be guided by the size of the bathroom. If she is completely small, you can purchase a hanging toilet with a built-in flushing system. This will save extra space. Such Toilets are very compact and look great. In large bathrooms rooms will look good toilets with bidets.
- Tank design. Tanks can have horizontal vertical and inclined flush system. Choosing a kit, you need be sure to pay attention to this detail. Flush system selection depends on which one is operating with the owner in the house.
Dismantling an old toilet
Dismantling procedure Dismantling the old The unit occurs in several stages.
If the toilet is very old, then it literally “grew” to the base. In this case, its dismantling will create some difficulties.
- First you need to disinfect the toilet with bleach.
- Next should be well equipped for work. Need to protect hands and eyes from water and ceramic fragments.
- It is necessary to shut off the water.
- The remaining water is drained from the tank.
- When everything is prepared, it is necessary to begin dismantling. First in turn, the bolts that secure the toilet to the floor are disconnected. If the system is relatively new, you just need to deploy the bolts, take them out and then disconnect the plastic tube from sewer system. Then the pipe that serves for water intake. After that, the toilet can be disconnected from grounds.
Many people wonder how to properly install a toilet. For First you need to properly prepare a place for a new unit.
- The floor of the toilet is cleaned of various debris and residues materials.
- Sewer hole and water intake system are covered.
- In the place where the old toilet stood, it is necessary to mark under the dowels.
- Holes need to be drilled with a diamond drill.
- In the store you need to buy a set of screws and dowels for mounting the toilet.
Installation of a new
Connect the toilet to Sewerage Basically, all toilets are mounted the same way. Differences can only be in various additional options. Mounting the simplest toilet and the most complex is still built on one principle.
- First, the toilet is connected to the sewer hole. Removing the temporary stub from the system, you must put the unit into place and screw it to the floor.
- The screwing points should be pre-treated with silicone sealant.
- Now you need to fix the bolts on the heel of the unit.
- After that, the corrugated sleeve is installed. Before installation it must be properly treated with silicone sealant.
- The final stage is the installation of the tank. Correct installation of the tank the toilet – the guarantee that the system will work without failures. Tank bolted. After that, a hose is installed that feeds water.
Installing a tank is not the most difficult thing. Main problem more often It happens when adjusting the float. Float Installation Valve requires care. When choosing a tank it is necessary check which valve is included.
The float valve is responsible for adjusting the water pressure.
The lower the valve, the lower the water flow. Must make sure that during installation the water level does not reach the drain 5 mm holes.
The installation process of the toilet is discussed in detail in the following. Stock Footage:
You can find an additional video on the installation of the toilet in our video section:
- Video about installing a toilet
- Video about installing a wall-hung toilet with installation
On the tile
We have already discussed the general principle of installing a toilet bowl. Now We suggest you familiarize yourself with the intricacies of installing a toilet on the tile. It should be noted right away that there are 2 methods:
But before you get started, you should prepare necessary tool and material:
- hammer drill;
- set of screwdrivers;
- adjustable wrench;
- rubber spatula;
This fastening method will require less time and labor. However, with regard to the aesthetic side, they are significantly inferior to the closed installation method. So, the first thing you need determine the installation location.
The installed toilet should not interfere with other plumbing. To him should have easy access.
Marks are placed on the selected spot on the tile. In these places holes will be installed. A contour should also be drawn. the soles of the toilet. Next, carefully set the toilet aside and in drill holes at marked points be equal to the fastener.
The drilling process is quite painstaking. Must be careful that the icing of the tile does not flake too much. therefore Drill first without impact and at low speeds. Also, Alternatively, you can use the core. Due to this, the drill will not be slide on the tile and scratch its surface.
Then take the drill on the tile and drill a hole. After You will need a concrete drill for this. Hole depth should match the length of the dowel. Now clean the hole from dust and fill it with sealant. In this case, the sealant will Prevent dust and moisture from entering the toilet. Then insert the dowel.
Just before installing the toilet on the circuit also apply sealant in a wide strip. Due to this will be moisture under the toilet base is completely prevented. Next came the turn of the last stage of installation:
- The toilet is carefully placed on the tile.
- Insert a self-tapping screw into the holes and screw it into dowel.
- Special caps are attached to the mount, which will give general appearance more aesthetic appearance. Moreover, the stubs will be Protect the mount from moisture.
- Further, under the weight of its weight, excess silicone will act.
- Before silicone is frozen, it must be removed with rubber putty knife.
Like in the first case, on the floor you draw a contour toilet bowl, and also mark the location of the holes. Before as to fix the toilet, you must complete the weekend holes. The toilet itself is connected in the tap and sewer pipe.
Then you can make a direct installation. Hidden place the fasteners on the tile. After making the holes. Mounts are installed on the floor and securely fixed bolts.
It is not recommended to tighten the bolts strongly, as it may additional adjustment is required to connect the toilet to Sewerage and water supply.
If the technology is warm under the tile in the bathroom / toilet floor, then using this kind of mount is prohibited. Toilet mounted on silicone, liquid nails, epoxy resin with hardeners. But in this case, you must first degrease the tiles and the bottom of the toilet bowl. Also follows sand the surface with lightly roughness. This will provide better grip.
Wall hung toilet
Another design of the toilet – hanging. Installation required to do more work. As in the previous case, there are two hanging toilet installation method:
- On a concrete base.
- On installation.
Therefore, it would be prudent to consider these two technologies on separately.
Installation on a concrete base
On concrete base
Some refuse to buy a steel frame for installation toilet bowl. In this case, the concrete monolithic base will be nothing not worse, but in strength also exceed. With this installation of bases are produced rods on which the toilet is attached. Besides holding the toilet, the concrete structure performs another role. IN it is a coupling for draining water.
Monolithic concrete base
The installation process has the following sequence:
- Installing a drain clutch.
- Determining the height of the toilet.
- Preparation of formwork panels. Their size should be large on 50 mm of the total size of the structure.
- Accurate measurements between mounting holes. Usually it equals 200 mm. But depending on the model, the distance may be to others.
- For formwork, you can use chipboard, OSB or a board.
- Installation and measurement of the length of the rod. It’s very important here consider the following dimensions: depth of penetration + distance from toilet to the main wall (meaning the thickness of the concrete construction) + the thickness of the toilet seat at the attachment point + the length of the free end for tightening the nut.
Before making a hole, make a preliminary fitting. Holding the toilet bowl, bring it to the mounting location. If the holes match the marks, and the bowl itself will be installed in the middle, then you can continue the installation work. If you notice some deviations or holes are marked out of level then Measure again.
Now we offer you to follow the installation step by step toilet seat on a monolithic concrete base:
- First, the formwork is installed.
- But first, two holes are drilled into the wall for installation rods that will later hold the toilet. In the wall it is enough to deepen up to 150 mm.
- After cleaning the hole from dust, pour glue into it and install in threaded rods.
- Next, you need to put 3 shields. 2 side and one central, in which 2 holes for fixing rods.
- Shields are installed strictly vertically. Also follow up so that the rods through the shield come out horizontally.
- Shields are connected by self-tapping screws. And for a greater fortress You can screw the nuts on the rods and they press the shield against the wall. For It is recommended to put a washer on it.
- In the place where there should be a drain of water from the tank, fix Styrofoam.
- Also install a drain pipe Ø110 mm. This pipe as a result it will be flooded with concrete. Therefore check the quality of her connections on sealing rubber bands.
- The next step is concreting from cement, sand and crushed stone mixed with water.
- During this process, the ends of the rod are recommended to be protected from hit on them concrete. To do this, put on a bag or wrap with rags.
- When pouring concrete, it is necessary to achieve a sufficient density. Especially in the corners of the structure. To do this, stick pierced concrete until cement slurries pour out of the formwork slots milk “.
- When the concrete has set, carefully dismantle the formwork.
- After that, the drain barrel is connected. Take PVC corrugation Ø40 mm. Insert one end into the recess of the toilet bowl. Corrugation It is recommended to fix it with silicone sealant. Be sure to give dry it and only then continue to work.
- Next on the mounting rods put on the toilet with a fixed corrugation. Use a plastic washer and nut to secure.
- Finally, connect the hanging tank to the toilet with corrugations and experience drainage.
- By installing the toilet lid, you can operate toilet bowl.
Now we suggest you familiarize yourself with the installation technology toilet seat for installation. To do this, you should buy a toilet with special metal frame. It will be it that will need to be installed in wall, and the toilet bowl will be fixed to it.
- The steel frame is installed strictly vertically. To the wall and it can be fixed to the floor through special holes. Before will carry out capital fasteners, check it for evenness.
- To this place it is necessary to supply a sewer pipe and water supply.
- You should also set the height of the toilet. She will depend on growth of the owner of the apartment. Usually, the height of the bowl is fixed at within 400–430 mm.
- As for the supply of water to the tank, it is better to make it tough. During installation, the valve in the tank on the water supply must be closed.
- Next, the toilet is connected to the sewer. Connection occurs with the corrugation. At this stage should to test the drain system. Therefore the toilet is reliable fasten on the frame, after connecting it to the sewer the pipe. Then drain the water. If everything is tight, then turn off the water in the tank and disconnect the toilet.
- Now you can cover the installation. To do this, you can use drywall. Fasten the profile to the wall and screw to him drywall. Make holes for sewage, mounting rods, and holes for the tank.
- In the next step, ceramic tile or other decorative material.
- After all these manipulations, the bowl is installed toilet bowl.
The quality of the installation of the wall-hung toilet for installation, fully Depends on the correct installation of the frame. Therefore this stage of work Produce extremely carefully.
Sometimes after a couple of years of service, the toilet loses its original view. Traces of rust appear on it. It happens because low-quality components of the tank. Eliminate an Inveterate Phenomenon this type is almost impossible, especially if the unit is made from sanitary ware. When purchasing toilets, you must carefully monitor quality of all components.
The unit may be damaged by water. Water quality is generally not meets the standards for which units are developed Western brands.
Sometimes plastic elements in the construction of the tank do not withstand. They may warp from temperature or mechanical impacts. If the tank prematurely fails, then this suggests that the quality of the kit was initially not very high.
Water flow problems often indicate what is wrong float valve installed. It’s necessary to adjust it, and the flow rate water will decrease.
To keep the toilet in its original form for many years, you must constantly maintain it in a clean state. For care a number of tools can be used behind it. For example, so as not to I had to constantly wash and clean the inner surface, today various gels and tablets are used.
Of course, you can’t do without thorough cleaning. This will help cleaning fluids.
Some substances cannot be poured into the toilet. To their number applies acetone and solvents that can damage sewer pipe. Also, do not pour boiling water into the toilet, because sanitary ware can crack from this. If there is need to flush the unit, it is better to use two buckets hot water.
In caring for the toilet, soda and vinegar will be indispensable. If red stripes began to appear on the surface of the unit, then their can be eliminated with a solution of vinegar in hot water. Soda gently and carefully cleans the surface of contaminants.
With severe contamination, special solutions are used. They are usually contain hydrochloric acid. There are pollution different types, therefore, the range of cleaning products is also very large. When buying, you need to clarify whether a particular composition is suitable for products. They differ not only in the nature of the impact, but also available for toilets from certain materials.
- The toilet is clogged, water does not leave, what to do
- How to install an acrylic bath
Drain connection cistern