Notice a mole in the house? Do not chase moths around the house – this is almost useless activity. While you destroy the moths – adult males, moth lays larvae in cabinets, so they will be spoil your clothes
At one not too beautiful moment, every housewife thinking about how to get rid of moths in an apartment. Charming and delicate white butterflies are beautiful only in nature, but not in a wardrobe or kitchen cabinet. Despite the external defenselessness and touching wings, these household pests can make life unbearable for any family. To get rid of annoying insect is possible only by holding a whole a set of measures to search for the causes of appearance, determine the type moths, as well as eliminating its adult individuals and nests.
- Types of moths and their locations
- The reasons for the appearance of moths in an apartment or house
- Moth Control Products: Folk and Professional
- How to get rid of moths in an apartment: video tips
The most famous and well-established remedy for of elimination and prevention of moths – fragrant lavender
Types of moths and their locations
From the appearance of moths in an apartment or house, even the most neat and tidy housewives. Most often this category “ideal housewives” is least prepared for the appearance of flying pests. Those who have never seen homework classic moths, of course, do not know how to get rid of it. But after the appearance of individuals begin the search for all possible ways struggle with it, although to begin work on eliminating the hotbed of moth in the house stands with a definition of its type.
Larva and adult moth – most often up to 1 cm in size. larvae are harder, so check bulk containers periodically products for their availability
TIP! The most common types for apartments and houses are considered food and clothes moth, but barley, rye and Cabbage pests are rarer guests in homes.
- Woolen (collectively, this type includes the wardrobe, wool, fur coat, felt and furniture moth) the individual eats that clear from the name, natural fibers. Adult Moth Sizes this type can range from 10 to 22 mm in wingspan.
Adult moths are slightly larger than food
- Grain moth – a devotee of eating not fur coats and sweaters, but quite enjoyable foods. Female moth larvae in a place of food congestion, eat everything edible around a place of his birth, making his way to products even through cellophane and polyethylene.
A good way to get rid of moths in foods is to put them into the freezer of the refrigerator for 1 week. You can also do with garments
The reasons for the appearance of moths in an apartment or house
Before finding out information on how to deal with moths, it is necessary find out how the insect entered the apartment. For instance, food moth most often gets into the house with food in the factory packaging. Leaky packaging and improper storage of products leads to moth larvae in croup or pasta that extremely quickly apply to all available food stocks.
Food moth scares bay leaf from flour
TIP! In order not to get into trouble and not to bring home moth larvae, cereals and pasta should be carefully examined, pre-packaged at the factory, and do not purchase goods at wholesale bases with too much discount.
Another reason moth comes from in the house is the active neighbors fight with this pest. Insects flee from the poison and through the ventilation system move to those apartments in which с ними не борются.
Обнаружив моль в ковровых покрытиях, пропылесосьте их иaerosol against moths. Repeat every few days
Do not forget to spray with aerosol all inaccessible places where there may be eggs and moth larvae
The clothes moth in the house appears most often with the acquired thing: natural carpet, outerwear or shoes made of natural materials, wool or products from it – all this can be infected larvae of the moth. Therefore, experts advise to process everything things falling into the apartment before the appearance of obvious signs of the pest: this will get rid of the headache of fighting increased the number of “guests” and also protect things.
Peppermint (both fresh and peppermint essential oil) is excellent aromatizes a case and protects things from natural fibers from moth
Moth Control Products: Folk and Professional
Name one single effective remedy for moths impossible. This is due not only to the presence of several types pests, which should be combated in different ways, but also with the fact that in different conditions and with varying degrees of contamination of the premises various methods of getting rid of the insect will be effective.
Bouquets of rosemary twigs can be laid out in wardrobes. – the smell of rosemary repels moths
Getting rid of moths is carried out according to the following scheme:
- The place of detection is processed with a solution of vinegar, and all things moved and aired. Cereals, if necessary bake in a pan.
At home, you can keep a separate bottle of flavored vinegar. specially for wiping surfaces where moth is noticed. You can flavor it with mint, rosemary, juniper, lavender etc.
- After that, the room is treated with aerosol or other repellents are placed in the places of detection substances.
Cedar balls are a good ready-made tool for scaring away moths. They should be laid out in a wardrobe.
While you are in the process of getting rid of moths in the house – throw away bags (or shake the container) of the vacuum cleaner away from home – so you will avoid re-introduction of eggs and moth larvae
- For prevention, carefully monitor the packaging. things for the winter (store only clean items processed from moth). Store cereals and pasta in sealed containers, avoiding the appearance of larvae.
Храните крупы и муку в герметичных контейнерах (со специальнойпометкой “для пищевых продуктов”)
Of course, for the majority of the population, favorites remain folk remedies, as proven by experience, for years and often “recommended by mom, mother-in-law and aunt Rosa.” At the same time relevant not only the struggle itself, but also the prevention of the appearance of the pest.
- Old grandmother naphthalene, although it remains an effective option, but not considered safe for humans. In addition, its smell is only repels insects, but does not eliminate larvae and pupae.
- Pieces of ordinary laundry soap (always fresh) also used as protection against moths. Small pieces put in pockets of clothes or on shelves with things.
Pieces of laundry soap well protect clothes in the closet from moth. Replace them from time to time.
- Lavender and fir are effective both in the form of oils and in the form of dry twigs. Moth is afraid of any pungent odors.
Moth does not tolerate the smell of juniper
For wardrobes, you can use a sachet with lavender and other fragrant plants
- Tobacco, pepper, orange peel, camphor, cedar and fragrant soap can also be attributed to methods of scaring away moths. Orange peels should be laid out on shelves fresh and replace with new ones when there is a loss of smell. Dry tobacco is laid out in small clothes bags that are placed on shelves: clothes such a smell does not absorb, but the moth is afraid of it.
Bay leaf can be laid out not only on kitchen shelves lockers but also in wardrobes
TIP! Plant lovers can start a pot with tobacco or geranium: the scents of these plants also scare away insects.
Frequent airing, sunbathing for wardrobe and clothes, heat treatment of containers in which the mole is wound, freezing fur coats and carpets – all these are methods of active and effective prevention of insects.
Ventilate wardrobe rooms and wardrobes more often. Also periodically refresh your wardrobe with sunbathing
The cedar bases of the coat hanger sewn into the coat hanger sachets with lavender – the range of ready-made means for repelling moths is very extensive
TIP! To fight an insect, you need to decide how find a mole in the apartment. Food worth looking in dark closed cabinets, boxes and jars of cereal, pasta or dry berries. Wardrobe settles in wardrobes with outerwear, winter and autumn sweaters, in old furniture and natural carpets.
Ironing (possible with steaming) effectively destroys eggs and moth larvae on clothes
A steam cleaner for home cleaning is quite effective against carpet moth
Among the professional ways to deal with moths highlight:
- Aerosols and sprays (Antimol, Raptor from moths, Extramite and others), which, although they are quite effective, but have an unpleasant odor and are expensive. Moreover, do not use them in an apartment with allergies or children, to avoid health problems.
After using the aerosol from the moth, you need some time close the treated room. Remember safety too pets
- Tablets or briquettes that are laid out or hung in the closet. The life of such a tool is about two weeks. This option is a way to scare away individuals from the closet rather than get rid of moths.
For cabinets with clothes in the range of ready-made products there is pills and traps for moths. Their effectiveness is low – they only work against adult moths and should be used in in combination with other means
- Adhesive tapes and boxes can also be considered a way getting rid of adults, but the larvae remain in the closet safe and sound.
Sticky moth traps are different from others insects with a closed body shape so as not to stick to clothes in closet
- Fumigators, despite their popularity, are used not so often because they are not considered fully safe for person.
TIP! Any professional tools should purchased at stores that provide certificates for products. It is extremely important to use according to the instructions, and store in a place closed to children.
Cedar Scented Accessories for Wardrobes
Efficiency and effectiveness of professional tools attracts, but their insecurity for a person makes you pay focus on folk methods. Experts advise starting active struggle with sparing folk remedies, and even in case of their failure, you can turn to more radical methods. One thing is true – it is important and necessary to fight the moth, and the sooner the insects will expelled from an apartment or house, the more comfortable it will be for the inhabitants dwellings.
How to get rid of moths in an apartment: video