Table of contents:
- 1 reasons for fogging
- 2 Condensation on glass in wooden frames
- 3 Basic Ways to Combat
- 4 Folk remedies
- 5 We carry out prevention
- 6 videos
With the advent of cold weather, many owners of plastic and wooden windows indicate the presence of condensation, which accumulates on the glass. This leads to the constant formation of puddles, which are wipe in the morning. Moreover, such a process can significantly increase air humidity, leading to dampness and development fungi. As a result, the comfort of living in the house will be broken, and the owners will have to look for methods to deal with the problem. Of In this article, you will learn how to get rid of condensation on PVC windows. national hearts.
Reasons for fogging
Before embarking on a solution to a problem, it is necessary to study why this is happening. Condensation on the windows just does not appear.
- Wide window sill. A large window sill blocks the flow warm air from the heating system, as a result of the glass is not warm up.
- Increased humidity. In most cases, fogging occurs in rooms with a high humidity indicator. For instance, in an apartment, this figure should not exceed 60%.
- Quite often, the reason for fogging windows is inappropriate double-glazed window designs. That is why experts do not recommend install single-chamber models, it is best to give preference more complex developments – a two-chamber double-glazed window with energy saving glass.
- Distance frame. Most often, the accumulation of water occurs in to the bottom of the frame.
- Low temperature. In addition to high humidity in indoors, the source may also be low temperature. Such the effect is most noticeable when the air temperature drops outside and lack of heating in the house.
- Installation If the installation of windows was carried out poorly, and also there was no insulation of the external and internal slopes, then this will become the main cause of condensation on the windows.
To control humidity and air temperature in at home, especially when it comes to the nursery, you need to get special measuring instruments.
Condensation on glasses in wooden frames
As statistics show, most often moisture accumulates on PVC windows, but sometimes it appears on their wooden counterparts. And there are also several explanations for this:
- Previously, the installation of wooden window frames was carried out with pre-laying sand cushions. It lay on her responsible for regulating the humidity balance in the room. On the today this technology has been forgotten and is not applied.
- Radiators are located under the windows, it turns out, not just like that. There are two reasons for this: a decrease in the likelihood of education condensate, as well as the organization of high-quality circulation of warm air when ventilating. If you install radiators on empty walls, then this effect will not be.
- Another reason for the appearance of moisture drops on the glass is improper operation and preparation for the winter period. Highly it is important to check the rubber seal every year, which should be evenly glued around the entire perimeter of the window frame.
The rubber seal must be given sufficient attention. For example, you need to clean with an alcohol cleaner, follow so that the rubber does not dry out, otherwise it will lead to depressurization.
The main methods of struggle
As you can see, the reasons for the accumulation of moisture on the windows may be many. But for each of them there is quite simple decision. It is worth noting that to combat condensate is not necessary buy expensive money, as the problem is solved and simple steps:
- window sill exemption from indoor plants;
- reducing the width of the window sill or installing a more powerful radiator;
- installation or installation of special convection Valve
- regular airing;
- insulation of the outside of the building.
In most cases, it is enough to organize a permanent and frequent airing throughout the year to reduce probability of condensation. So in the house the correct microclimate is being established. Enough in winter put the window in the “airing” position and the flow of cold air will flow upward – a person does not feel much discomfort will feel.
Recently, wooden has been very popular. windows with double-glazed windows. This design prevents evaporation, as a natural material (wood) allows air to flow freely circulate between the street and the building.
Another original solution will be the use of a fan. Everyone is used to using it only in the summer. to accelerate air circulation. But in the winter he will find application, in particular, on the windows of the balcony. With its help create the movement of warm air flows in window niches. For this just use a low power fan that will create air circulation, so condensate will not accumulate.
If the problem does not work out, it is more advisable to produce replacement of installed double-glazed windows with an energy-saving model.
Since in the old days, plastic windows and modern systems there was no heating, our ancestors used folk remedies. TO the number of such can be attributed simple candles. During frosts, when frost, people put on the windowsills, closer to the glass, a few thick wax candles. They burn long enough and glass warms up with its heat.
This method of disposing of accumulating liquid on glasses on simple air convection to be carried out when burning a candle. Other than that, if on your windowsill pots with indoor plants are located, do not clean them. In carbon dioxide – product will be released nutrition for plants.
It is worth noting that this method can be attributed to the number of cheap and affordable, since the cost of candles is low and their everyone can afford a purchase. Romantic natures in this way, they can fill the interior of their home with bright decor elements. At the same time, do not forget about security measures: candle flame should not be placed next to the curtains, otherwise it may a fire breaks out.
For these purposes, thick candles are suitable. They can be like simple as well as decorative. In addition, when using scented candles throughout the room will spread pleasant smell.
We carry out prevention
Having studied the above information, everyone will easily decide that to do if drops and puddles of water gather on the windows. But still, experts recommend preventative measures to avoid continuous formation of fogging windows. Enough for this follow these measures:
- constant maintenance of a comfortable temperature;
- air humidity not more than 50%;
- organization of natural air circulation;
- additional insulation of the house outside;
- exclusion of moisture sources (it is necessary to eliminate moisture in basement and repair a leaky roof);
- replacement of radiators under the windows with more powerful models.
Even cleaning and double-glazed windows 2 times a year help reduce condensation. Accumulation of dust and small particles of dirt may cause deformation of the rubber seal.
In fact, there are many ways to get rid of this problem. more. For example, if you have a personal transport (car), then You can use a car tool that sprayed on misted glass. If it is radically decided problem, then you should choose high-quality window units and trust their installation by professional installers.
Struggling with condensation on the windows? After watching the video, you can complete this fight:
You can find out about a reliable condensate removal option from next video: