It’s hard to imagine everyday without a washing machine a life
Sooner or later, in front of every modern household user technology becomes the task: how to clean the washing machine? She is constantly suffers from scale and has a filter that requires care. Let’s understand the question in more detail.
- Why clean the washing machine?
- What kind of breakdowns of the washing machine are due to lack of cleansing?
- What should be cleaned in the washing machine?
- How to clean the washing machine from a strong fungus?
- Washing machine care tips
Why clean the washing machine?
The service life of the washing machine is about 10 years. So that during this period it is not required to constantly repair it due to scale, dirt and possibly mold must be observed rules for its operation and in time to clean.
The main causes of unpleasant odors from the washing drum machines are bacteria that accumulate inside it and on internal details
A powder containing too many chemical components is also may become a source of pollution to the washing machine
What kind of breakdowns of the washing machine happen due to lack of cleansing?
Cleaning the washing machine is necessary to prevent it breakdowns for the following reasons:
- scale formation on a tubular electric heater;
- clogged filter.
Periodically clean and the filter on the supply hose water
In the case of a machine stop without your command right during washing, keep in mind that this could be due to the above reasons. So that you do not have these troubles and do not it was necessary to call the repairman, do the cleaning of the machine at least once every six months.
In order to avoid damage to the washing machine its periodic prevention
Some retailers offer cleaning services in for several years after purchase for free or with moderate payment as an extended warranty. Don’t neglect this offer!
What should be cleaned in the washing machine?
Every household appliance needs to be cleaned from time to time. surely! How to clean the washing machine completely?
- External cleaning of the washing machine is the most obvious thing, which any housewife does during wet cleaning. Produce such cleaning can be done with a simple rag with water or liquid to washing.
External cleaning of the washing machine
- Dispenser for loading washing powder and other washing liquids you also need to wipe it from time to time so that it does not form mold.
Cleaning the detergent dispenser
- Cleaning the manhole cuff is the rubber band of the seal, which located on the door and drum of the horizontal loading machine. It should be washed very carefully, because it loves there mold is formed. If your machine’s loading is vertical, then there is no such detail. There are just elastic bands for better fixation. the door. It is advisable to wipe them during external cleaning.
There is no rubber in the hatch of a top-loading machine cuff
A lot of dirt accumulates on the rubber cuff of the hatch, and in consequence and bacteria
Cleaning the cuff of the washing machine hatch
- Cleaning the drum of the machine is required about once every 3 months. You can run it, bay bleach or special drum cleaner. Filled, turned on the washing mode with high temperature (60-90 degrees). After heating the water and stir the detergent, pause for about an hour. So you can get rid of dirt, mold and bad smell inside the drum of the washing machine.
Dirt can also accumulate in the drum of the washing machine and calcareous deposits
- Cleaning the drain pump filter is one of the most important points. automatic washing machine care. How this is done in more detail separately.
- Cleaning the tubular heater. As already mentioned, scum on mute is one of the common causes of a stop or breakdown of a machine, therefore, how and with what cleaning can be done, we consider in detail.
Deposits on the heating element of the washing machine can lead to breakdowns
Drain filter cleaning
Scheduled cleaning of the washing machine should always include item such as cleaning the drain filter from dirt. If the filter is clogged, the machine may not even turn on. Or maybe another embarrassment occurs: a flood during the discharge of water from a drum. what of this it’s better to choose you, but this choice of two evils, which can be avoided. How to do it?
Cleaning the filter is quite easy:
- Remove the front bottom cover of the washing machine.
Front cover opening
Before opening a rubber stopper it is necessary to drain the remains water
Opening the drain plug
- Clean the drain hole of all kinds of contaminants (buttons, hair, other debris and dirt). The good news is that in this the place is almost never mold. Is that the machine was seriously clogged and the last wash was long ago.
The drain filter must be cleaned regularly.
The base itself, where the filter is inserted, is also necessary clear
- Wipe dry and let a little check.
Clean filter machine clippers to get rid of accumulated pollution, it is possible after each wash, but at least 2 times a month. Otherwise, you are very at risk.
It is advisable to clean the filter drain after each washing, in extreme cases – 2 times a month
We clean the tubular heater
There is a heating element in every washing machine. Exactly they talk about him when scum is mentioned in advertisements. There are some options for eliminating it.
- Cleaning the washing machine from limescale with vinegar. For this method need 2 cups of ordinary table white vinegar. His poured into the machine, include washing with high temperature and stop for an hour when vinegar mixes well with heated water. After that, you will need to do another wash (also without laundry), but it will be fast enough for 15-30 minutes.
Specialists claim that it is cleaning the washing machine vinegar gives the best effect
Attention! Cleaning your washing machine vinegar is dangerous for the gum (cuff) of the hatch! His thoroughly wipe with a damp cloth, and after – dry.
- How to clean the washing machine with citric acid? All extremely simple: for a washing machine with a 5 kg drum we 200 grams of citric acid will be required. Pour them into the dispenser and We turn on a long wash with a water temperature of 60 degrees. It is advisable to turn off the spin in the program, but add a rinse. it the remedy is also allowed to get rid of the unpleasant odor and mold.
Cleaning the washing machine with citric acid
Advice! Descale the electric heater necessary every 3-5 months, depending on the frequency use of a washing machine.
The scale crystallizes when the water is heated to 75 degrees. If you will heat the water to 70 degrees, then the tank and ten will remain clean
How to clean the washing machine from a strong fungus?
In very advanced cases, when getting rid of the fungus in the car neither vinegar nor citric acid help, use copper sulfate. It allows high quality sanitize the cuff of the washing machine, where most often mold grows. It is enough to apply a solution of copper sulfate on the rubber band and leave for a day or a little less. After rinse thoroughly with a detergent sponge, which also follows delete. Wipe the cuff dry.
Copper sulfate will help to cope with the formation of fungus
Washing machine care tips
In order for the washing machine to serve you for a long time, it is not necessary only cleaning on time, but also constant care. Here is what follows do:
- remove dirt and mold immediately if you notice it on any surface;
Timely care will extend the life of your washing machine. cars
- Do not leave wet laundry in the closed drum for a long time. At an open door is also undesirable, but less dangerous. If this happened, then the drum should be sanitized and rub over the laundry that you accidentally forgot. It is in such sequences!
Do not leave dirty laundry in the washing room for a long time. car
- to get rid of or as a prevention of bad smell inside the machine it’s enough not to forget to open it for ventilation between washings;
- you should not constantly use Calgon. This remedy is pretty aggressively and instead of scale on an electric heating element a hard, cemented-like surface is formed. it for a machine is even more dangerous than scale, because in the case of overheating will require more expensive repairs.
Calgon is an excellent anti-sludge treatment heating element but not recommended constantly
Some modern models of washing machines have a function ActiveOxygen to kill germs