Table of contents:
- 1 What pumps are
- 2 Basic selection options
- 3 What else to look for when buying a device?
- 4 videos
The centralized water supply in country houses and cottages is not always works as you like: interruptions, shutdown, weak the pressure. Therefore, many homeowners prefer to install on its section is an autonomous pumping station. To not have in the future water problems, you have to think in advance how to choose water pumps and how to install them.
What pumps are
There are many models on the market that are divided into two main groups: professional and domestic. The first are capable transfer up to 3-4 tons of water per minute, while productivity second – about 60 l / min. For a small private house more suitable household pump, but which one?
According to the principle of work, they are:
- self-priming – the most common;
- manual – do not require electricity and other sources of energy, only physical strength is needed;
- well and borehole.
According to the installation location and the method of water intake, the pumps are separated:
- external – take liquid from open reservoirs;
- submersible – pump from wells or wells;
- injection – able to absorb water from a ten-meter depth and more due to special nozzles.
For the purpose of use, aggregates are:
- drainage – pump media with solid suspensions;
- circulating – used for heating and air conditioning in the house;
- water devices.
The choice of a pump determines its purpose and source water. To pump fluid from a nearby body of water, natural or artificial, and direct it to water the garden, need a submersible drainage pump. They also drain the flooded basements or trenches.
To deliver drinking water to the house you will need a borehole installation with filter or submersible well. If the source comparatively clean, then you can swing and a surface apparatus. His no need to lower it into the pond and make sure that it is always drowned – the pump takes water with a hose.
In the plumbing and heating system, a powerful circulation pump.
Basic selection options
The most important characteristic of the pump will be its performance, i.e. the ability to pump per unit time a certain amount of water. A family of 4–5 people for a device with a capacity of 30–40 l per a minute.
The next significant indicator that needs attention is pressure or the height to which the installation can lift water. Average figures for domestic pumps: suction depth – 4–7 m, water column – 10–15 m. These parameters are important, because sometimes you have to not only download liquid from the depths, but also deliver it to the second or even third floor with preservation of pressure. Moreover, external pumps for wells there are vortex and centrifugal. The first are more suitable for small wells and create good pressure in the pipeline. Also their price level is slightly lower. Centrifugal apparatus Intend for very deep mines.
The pressure in the water supply depends on these two characteristics. system. The generated pressure varies for different pumps models. And the value you need is calculated in depending on the size of the site, the method of occurrence of groundwater and your needs.
What else to look for when buying a device?
Different brands of device
When buying a particular brand of pump, you must consider:
- The quality of the water supply. Its material, diameter and fittings are important: valves, tees, turn signals.
- Idle controller that stops the pump if in There is no water in the system and thus prevents breakage.
- A pressure switch monitors the pressure in the pipeline and allows work installation in different modes.
- The hydraulic accumulator controls working pressure and does not allow overload.
- High-quality electrical insulation guarantees safe use of a pump.
- Source of power. There are electric and gasoline apparatuses.
- Motor cooling system. It happens water or oily. The latter is considered more reliable, but such the model is bigger.
- The number of mains phases. Extremely powerful pumps powered by three-phase network, for the laying of which a separate permission, and such an opportunity is not everywhere.
- Pump housing Heavy cast iron, but dampens noise and vibration well at work. Shell made of stainless steel or metal plastic more noisy, albeit light.
When choosing a submersible pump, it is important that it matches well section. Its maximum overall size should be less than at least 10 mm.
Some parts of the water pump are considered consumables. components such as replaceable filters and hoses. Sometimes arises the need to replace switches or control units. Hydraulic accumulators can also fail and they have to be early or late to change.
Pay attention to the possibility of servicing your installation and proximity of repair centers. Warranty different manufacturers sometimes vary greatly.
We offer you to watch an informational video about the types of pumps.