Carpets – an important detail of the interior
Carpets on the floor have long ceased to be associated simply with a coating that has one main function – to make the floor warmer. Today it is a full-fledged part of fancy variations of decor and even almost a work of art. Practicality has given way beauty, because for heat, well-developed technologies allow install radiators or underfloor heating. Abundance of varieties it’s so amazing that sometimes we just get lost in assortment and for a long time we do not find the answer to the question of how to choose carpet to the interior. In such cases, facilitators come to our aid designers and willingly share recommendations.
- Is he needed at all?
- How to choose the right carpet for your interior
- What size should the carpet be?
- How to choose a carpet on the floor to the interior
- Form and content
- How to choose the color of the carpet to the interior
- How to choose a carpet for the living room interior
- Some additional useful points.
Bright carpet with a pattern in the classic bedroom
White carpet with textured roses in the interior
Beige carpet in the living room interior
Is he needed at all?
- 1 Is he needed at all?
- 2 How to choose the right carpet for your interior
- 3 What size should the carpet be?
- 4 How to choose a carpet on the floor to the interior
- 5 Form and content
- 6 How to choose the color of the carpet to the interior
- 7 How to choose a carpet for the living room interior
- 8 How to choose a carpet for the interior: a few additional useful points
A few decades ago, the carpet was considered an indicator of status, units could afford to buy it, but because people saved up last money and bought at least a small track. Today is other materials – linoleum, laminate and parquet, which with skillful selection look spectacular and are distinguished by their undeniable advantage – simplicity in leaving! But this is an option for very zealous people, who do not want to spend extra time on cleaning and think about the question is how to choose a carpet for the interior. Photos of such rooms ascetic and spacious, but is there any comfort from them? Usually, not. That’s why carpets are immortal, and no matter what circles you go moody fashion, they can change the structure of the material, shape, colors, even an appointment, but will never be forgotten.
Multi-colored striped rug in a bright kitchen
How to choose the right carpet for your interior
Thinking to decorate a house or apartment with carpets, you need to know a few basic criteria to rely on when choosing coveted interior details. It is shape, size, color, material and compatibility with the environment.
Light carpet in the living room interior
What size should the carpet be?
To correctly correlate the dimensions of the carpet and rooms, you need to consider two main points – measure the total area of the room and place, where our “decorative friend” is supposed to lie. Further minus 25 cm from the walls, furniture and other things that will be surround, and we estimate approximate parameters.
A medium-sized round carpet will divide the room into zones
By size, carpets are divided into:
small – up to 3 m2;
The choice of quantity and dimensions will depend on the method location on the floor.
A small long rug looks good in a bright kitchen
How to choose a carpet on the floor to the interior
To maintain external harmony you need to remember one simple thing rule – the amount of coverage should be no more than a third parts of the room. This means that versions are possible – or one big a carpet in the center, or two equivalent in different zones, for example, one in the center, the second in the back between the TV and the sofa, or on opposite sides of the bed if it is a bedroom. The main thing is that they are in aggregates closed no more than a third of the room.
Tip: large carpets visually reduce rooms, especially if they are darker shades, however, and a small carpet will look very funny in the big hall. Need to clearly correlate such things.
Correct ratio of carpet size to room size
Form and content
Shapes of carpets today not only repeat all kinds of geometric figures – circles, ovals, polygons, squares, trapezoids, etc., but and come in the form of flowers, animals, drops, snowflakes and even ghosts. Designer’s fantasies often erase everything conceivable framework.
A round table and a round carpet will decorate the dining room zones
How to be Ideally, you need to consider the geometry of the furniture if rectangular tables, sofas, wardrobes prevail – the same should to be near the carpet, the same with circles and ovals. However modern decorators claim that today everything is possible! If you if you want to add a note of negligence to classic chic – feel free to contribute, even on the floor of the living room, library or large bedroom, there is a tea rose or a white ghost. The main thing is not to part – such elements should work in contrast and be single instance, otherwise the effect of surprise and zest will be lost.
“Потертые” ковры прямоугольной формы добавят ноту небрежности винтерьер и сделают более расслабленную атмосферу
As for the content, the material can be anything, just like and pile length (all carpets are divided into short-haired, with an average nap and long nap).
- Wool. This is an expensive, but high-quality classic, such products they are made from sheep’s wool factories, they are pleasant to the touch, flexible enough and able to serve faithfully up to 50 years, remaining almost in its original form. They are calm tones and are suitable for any kind of interior. However, there are disadvantages – get dirty very quickly and they can be eaten by moles or to spoil the mold, you have to handle special means and monitor the humidity of the room.
Woolen carpets look expensive and look luxurious in classic interior
- Silk. This shining luxury will cost even more than wool, but their quality quickly pays for itself completely. Silk Carpets incredibly durable and beautiful, because the texture of the material gives a unique opportunity to work out any picture! Silk carpets are so exquisite that they are often compare with the canvases of the great painters and regret to lay on the floor, using as bedspreads on beds and sofas.
Silk rug blends harmoniously with antique objects everyday life in the bathroom
- Viscose. This is an artificial art, in appearance everything is very similar on silk, but in fact it is cellulose. Not only are they reproduce the quality of detailed drawings of silk “masterpieces”, so still do not wrinkle, do not wipe away from time, are not particularly dirty and most importantly, they are several times cheaper. This is the perfect solution for everything. families with children, cats and dogs – inexpensive and beautiful.
Carpet with viscose in the interior of the living room
- Nylon. These are polyamide carpets that give vivid designs, high strength and wear indicators, interesting elasticity and one very important quality for families where there are small children – they are not ignite. So if, like in the movie “Back to the Future,” your son or daughter accidentally set fire to a carpet in the living room, be softer with them.
Bright nylon carpets in the hallway interior
Polypropylene. These are the most inexpensive, beautiful, smooth, bright and easy-to-care carpets, but their service life is short, their maximum is 5 years. On the other hand, this will make it possible to update the interior.
Polypropylene carpet in the children’s room
- Polyester. Reminiscent of woolen counterparts, they are almost as soft and durable, look luxurious in a long-nap version and also keep heat well, ideal for living rooms. But there is also two drawbacks: they “shoot”, polyester is an ideal drive for static electricity, and poorly kept in shape if their will have to be washed, or if something deformed them.
Carpets made from polyester look luxurious in modern the interior
When choosing the shape and material, everything will be based on size budget, method of application and related circumstances – the availability small children and animals. Of course, you can spend money on snow-white carpet with a long natural pile, but is there meaning, when your dog tramples him, a black cat will kill him with wool or will kids paint? Or does it make sense to lay thin silk on the floor handmade rug when it would be much more appropriate to recline as bedspreads in an oriental bedroom?
If your house is neat and tidy, you can afford tones and natural composition, in other cases it’s suitable synthetics, the decision will depend on fantasies and prudence the hosts.
Tip: designers noticed a very beautiful moment – long-haired barks combine very well with a fireplace, located in this zone, they best create a feeling of warmth and comfort.
Long pile rugs in bedroom interior
How to choose the color of the carpet to the interior
Since carpets are not bought for the season, but for many years, the choice color is very important, it is directly related to the pattern. If you not We are sure that a bright color will suit you, there is a universal palette, which will work unmistakably in any kind of interior. it many-faced beige and different shades of brown – from coffee, chocolate to almost burgundy. The same scheme will be with the choice patterns – unobtrusive and smoothly flowing into each other patterns, geometric shapes, ripples or simply flowing into each other shades of the same color.
Bright color accents in the interior can be created using carpet
Fans of extravagance can choose everything that suits their soul anything, relying only on 4 points of combination, which are slightly will correct the direction and will not allow imagination to carry you away bad taste.
What should the color of the carpet be combined with:
- the general tone of wallpaper or painting;
- shades of furniture;
- floor covering.
Tip: carpets can be the same color scheme with the walls, furniture and curtains, but they should not be chosen exactly to the tone of the floor, as they “merge” with it, and the interior loses its bright accent.
Harmonious combination of carpet with the interior: repetition of floral motifs for wallpaper and carpet
How to choose a carpet for the living room interior
And yet, the main priority room, where we can more often just meet the carpet, this is the living room. This is usually the largest a room that will allow any experiment, the main thing is to remember about rules of size and compatibility!
If we want to emphasize the geometry of the room and furniture – it’s worth choose carpets with clear shapes. By the way, it is not necessary to lay “rectangle under rectangles” or “circles and ovals under roundness “, sometimes an ellipse carpet is much more profitable emphasizes the severity of clear forms and vice versa.
The carpet with clear shapes looks great in the interior classic living room
As a link between furniture and carpet in the living room upholstery with a similar ornament or decorative pillows to match. Also with curtains or wallpaper – with a carpet they can Combine a color palette or pattern.
Carpet, upholstery and curtains in the same style
With regards to practicality: the living room is the most passage room where constantly meet guests and households live throughout the day and all your pets (if any), so it’s in the living room the carpet should have a higher density. Checked this the moment is simple, when buying, bend the edge and look – the more the base to which the pile is attached is visible, the worse the density and the better dirt will clog there.
Contrast color long carpets will dilute the interior spacious living room
Tip: for the living room it is better to take the carpet with the highest density, it will facilitate care.
For some recent and rather long time, designers said a solid no to the floral patterns, but if you like the style Provence, do not give up your favorite topic for the sake of fashion. IN after all, your home is your castle, and it should be comfortable there for you.
How to choose a carpet for the interior: a few additional useful points
What else should we know when choosing a carpet:
- The product must not emit harsh or extraneous odors.
- Woolen carpets should be soaked with special compounds from moth.
- If you take a handmade carpet for the living room, you need look inside out. Ornament and color must match. with the front side. Also there should always be a signature the author.
- If fleece begins to pour from the carpet you just bought – do not panic. The first few days are fine, some scree natural due to storage and transportation.
- Heavier doesn’t mean better! Many people are sure what the carpet is. the heavier, the better and richer – nothing like that. More often the same “harder” means harder to move, wash and care for.
- Children are very fond of unusual things, and there are carpets, not quite suitable for the classic description. But these products are also durable and wear-resistant, and, most importantly, interesting for kids. For example, some leather goods with interweaving of other materials and bright colors. They are may contain “dented” traces or convex elements. They are standing not so expensive, but in the nursery everyones look interesting panda carpets or imitations under sand with indentations matching feet.
Unusual carpet of multi-colored threads in the bedroom of a teenager
Choosing a carpet for the interior of any room is an important thing, but not as complicated as it might seem. The main thing is to remember and match several simple criteria – size, shape, color, compatibility Yes, do not forget to take with you calculated and recorded dimensions of the place where the update will lie. And then even the biggest the range will not make you confused and make a mistake when choosing.