Table of contents:
- 1 Existing Varieties
- 2 Cement-acrylic composition
- 3 Epoxy mixture
- 4 Methyl methacrylate mixtures
- 5 videos
Application of building technologies called “bulk floor” involves the formation of a perfectly flat floor surface from materials containing special self-leveling mixes. The advantages of such technologies should include the possibility of the formation of the so-called “glass floor”, that is, a perfectly flat surface having homogeneous structure. Today on the Russian market is represented a large number of varieties of bulk floors, each of which distinguished by its originality and attracts potential the buyer with certain characteristics.
The data presented in our article will help to understand how choose a bulk floor for the apartment and give your preference to option that fully matches your needs.
Among the variety of known types of bulk genital The following varieties of coatings are particularly distinguished:
- floors based on cement-acrylic composition;
- epoxy coatings;
- mixtures with methyl methacrylate.
Let us consider in more detail all these types of bulk floors with taking into account their advantages and disadvantages.
The initial mixture for the preparation of such a floor includes cement composition, special mineral filler (as which is most often used fine sand), as well as polyacrylic copolymer. According to its characteristics, this material very close to concrete and is used, as a rule, for leveling concrete monolithic floor or as a screed. To advantages this type of coating can include:
- the possibility of forming a thick layer of the bulk layer in one times (up to 1 cm), which allows you to overlap significant differences in level and eliminates the need for careful alignment of the base before pouring it;
- the relatively low cost of the source material, which allows its use in large volumes (for the purpose of filling surfaces with large irregularities, for example).
The disadvantages of this material include its significant weight and high complexity of all produced during the arrangement of the floor operations.
This type of bulk floors is most often used in the preparation flooring surfaces of such well-known flooring as linoleum or carpet.
When searching for the best solution about which bulk floor choose for your apartment, you should pay attention to coverage, which is based on an epoxy resin used together with one or another filler.
Such floors are allowed to be poured directly onto concrete, metal or wooden substrate, which greatly expands scope of leveling compounds.
The advantages of this class of bulk floors are:
- solidity providing high resistance to shock destructive effects. Moreover, the surface of such a coating practically does not wear out during a long operation;
- chemical inertness, allowing to maintain the structure of the coating in any kind of aggressive environments;
- high moisture resistance;
- decorative appeal.
For those who would like to choose one or another color of the genital coatings, the use of this composition will be the most optimal decision. A wide selection of colors helps transform epoxy-based floors in fine decorative coatings.
The disadvantage of such designs is their low ductility, fraught with the destruction of the monolith at the slightest displacement sexual basis. As a result, bulk decorative floors this type can only be equipped with absolutely tight foundation.
Methyl methacrylate mixtures
Such formulations are based on the so-called High Methyl Methacrylate Resins coverings. So, depending on the proportion various third-party additives to the basic components manage to get building mixtures with a wide range of technical characteristics. When this ratio changes, such parameters vary bulk floors, both its ductility, strength, and resistance to aggressive environments.
One should not lose sight of the fact that various manufacturers are free to modify the set additives used, which directly affects the properties future coverage.
Bulk floor in the bathroom
Regarding the merits of methyl methacrylate based floors mixtures we can say the following:
- Additives Provide Finished Coatings heat resistance, thanks to which the latter are able to withstand sharp fluctuations in temperature. This property allows you to combine them with “underfloor heating”, and also use in open spaces (on the loggias, for example).
- In addition, temperature independence in a certain way affects the process of pouring floors from methyl methacrylate.
- Preparation of the coating does not need any special mode, because such mixtures quickly harden and perfectly cure at subzero temperatures.
The ability to fast polymerization can be attributed to the disadvantages of these types of flooring, arrangement which will require high skill from the performer.
Bulk floors are among the most effective techniques the formation of the final (finish) coatings, so that their use is a guarantee of getting perfectly smooth and quite attractive surface.
The types of sexual structures considered by us (they are also called sometimes “liquid linoleum”) attract many users not only excellent performance, but also originality of its design. Which choice is completely dependent on your preferences.
Brief description of bulk floors:
How much does it cost to fill the bulk floor
Do-it-yourself bulk floor