Table of contents:
- 1 Canadian technology – what a beast
- 2 Advantages and disadvantages
- 3 What materials the structure consists of
- 4 Design and preparatory work
- 5 Foundation for frame house
- 6 Floor device in the frame house
- 7 The construction of the walls of the frame house
- 8 Roof construction of the frame house
- 9 to summarize
As they say, all new is long forgotten old. it approval can be applied to house building technology by Canadian technology. In fact, such a method that recently attracted the attention of many of our developers, Used with us for a long time. And in Canada, where did it come from The name of this technology is even longer. The essence of technology is to create a frame house made of wood. Moreover, what is everyone is able to do the construction with their own hands, the main thing is understand what’s what, buy material and get to work. All because the design is quite light, and perform everything work is possible with a friend or family member, without hiring a special heavy equipment. Every self-respecting man wants to build a house for yourself and your family. Let’s take a look at how to build a house using Canadian technology, what is it, and what are the stages construction you need to go through. This information will help you. make your dream come true. And having done most of the work yourself, you can save a lot.
Canadian technology – what a beast
House frame on Canadian technology
First I want to talk about why we have construction such frame houses began to be called Canadian technology. After all, truth be told, such a method of building low-rise buildings (up to 4 floors) is mostly used in North America, Europe, Australia and even Japan. Why is it called in Russia canadian? The thing is that he got his name during Gosstroy of Russia and Canadian Mortgage Housing corporation. It was then that the rules for construction and design of single-family houses with high thermal characteristics. These were timber frame houses that we now we know. Such designs today are very in demand, since the cost of construction is very profitable.
The reason for the construction of these structures was what was needed It was to keep the heat indoors. The climate of the northern countries dictated the importance of providing a higher heat capacity that would become alternative to heating technology. After all, whatever was used for heating the house, during the heating season everything equally had to suffer significant heat loss. Motivate the advancement of such technology has become that new ones have appeared on the market technological materials, the main properties of which were indoor heat storage and low standoff temperatures.
Construction frame house
And the last thing that played a decisive role in the application of the Canadian technology – the building material used for this. In those regions where there is a great need for such heat-saving buildings, building material is more than enough. After all the main material for the construction of such buildings is wood. That’s it turns out that such houses not only save heat, but also are cheap. To summarize, the whole Canadian technology building a house is to make a house frame out wood and sheathe it with shields of OSB or SIW panels (OSB panels, inside of which there is a heater). Thanks to him, the heat remains in the house, and extraneous noises and sounds do not penetrate into it.
Advantages and disadvantages
At there are advantages and disadvantages to such a technology
The main difference and advantage of this technology is that that even without additional equipment in the room you can easily maintain and maintain a stable temperature. With that live in such a house is quite comfortable in the winter. And if already a heating system to do, then the living conditions are just perfect. In the end you get an economical dwelling that requires heating much less resources than for houses made from familiar materials, built using standard technologies.
And here we came to the second advantage of such a house – its cost and service. The tree is not the most expensive construction material. In our area it is enough, moreover, It is natural and has a number of positive characteristics. To to heat such a wooden house, you do not need a powerful boiler and quantity resources for heating it is minimal. This will save you money not only on the purchase and installation of a heating system, but also on use of fuel for heating. It’s warm inside the house, built using Canadian technology will be stored on stable level and long enough.
The main material is tree
Along with such important positive qualities, you can also note the following advantages:
- construction speed;
- work can be done in any season;
- low labor costs and ease of work;
- the ability to construct projects of various complexity, forms and building configurations;
- you can build such a design on almost any type soil;
- no need to hire professionals and special equipment;
- simplicity and accessibility of finishing work;
- good soundproof properties;
- the ability to hide communication systems under the skin of the frame, which will contribute to high design performance;
- feature of all materials that are used in construction, is their ability to maintain and hold heat.
But, as you know, nothing can be perfect, and our case, not an exception. The shortcomings of Canadian technology, rhinestones can understand and a teenager – if everything is made of wood, then there is a big the likelihood that everything will erupt like a match at the slightest opportunities! And indeed it is. And even all kinds of means, giving refractory wood, not much to save. Moreover, inside SIP panels there is a heater that serves as bait for various rodents.
Insulation attracts rodents
Judging by the reviews of those who have already built such a house and live in it, It is not recommended to perform work in wet weather, so that SIP panels did not accumulate moisture inside.
As you can see, the advantages of this technology are much greater than disadvantages. And if you decide to build your dream home that way, you will remain only in the black.
What materials the design consists of
As noted, the main difference between such a structure is that the whole frame is made of wood. The main materials for him are:
- Wooden bars that act as racks for the frame. Basically, for this, bars are selected, the cross section of which is 50 mm and more. Their length depends on the size of the future structure. Most an important requirement for this category of material is sufficient strength. And this is no coincidence, since these supports act as load-bearing walls, so they have a large part of the load of the whole structure. When do you choose the material for such racks, pay attention to hard and durable wood species, which have great density and durability.
- Cross beams. They must also be made of solid, reliable and solid wood. Second place in the carrying load they are occupied, therefore, saving on material is also not follows. Cross beams must support the weight of wood panels, construction of window and doorways.
- Wooden sheathing panels. They are shields which are firmly interconnected. Please note that exactly there is a certain requirement for these structural elements, concerning wood species. It is important that they are made from coniferous tree. The thing is the characteristics and properties of conifers rocks. There is a resin in the wood that gives the material increased moisture resistance and also prevents fast the process of decay. SIP can serve as a material for walls panels – innovative material that is often sheathed not only walls, but also the floor and the roof.
- To successfully complete the construction of the house on the frame technology, you need boards to make floors in the house. IN In rare cases, concrete is used as the basis for the floor. lay parquet or laminate. Among other things, to fully to complete the construction work you will need materials for roofing and cladding materials – drywall, wallpaper, ceramic tile, etc.
Technology frame house construction
So, what you need to build a house with your own hands, you learned. But where to start work and how to build your house quickly and right? Let’s figure it out.
Design and preparatory work
Any construction begins with design, and our case is nothing. is not different. First you need to make a plan or project at home. You can’t do it yourself without certain skills, so how in such a case there are many of its nuances on which it depends strength, durability and safety of the building. Therefore better entrust such work to a qualified architect who will make all the necessary drawings, listening to your wishes, and will also be able to make an estimate by calculating how many materials you need and how much it will all cost. Of course, the price is the services are rather big, but it’s worth it, especially if you want build a large house with various design features.
When you do not have additional funds for hiring specialist, you can search for finished projects on the Internet. Only now you have to be content with what is. Yes, and here you need be extremely careful, as the origin of those or other plans. For reliability, do not use free resources, protecting yourself from low-quality material. Better yet pay and be calm. Remember from the correctness of the drafted a lot depends on the project.
Materials for building
After the project is ready, you need to purchase all the necessary materials. Provide a special room or space for a canopy where the wood will be stored properly. You need to protect it is from moisture. Now you should decide on the construction site and prepare it: remove all unnecessary, bring light to the site, provide it with water supply and prepare all necessary materials. Once everything is ready, you can proceed to building the foundation of your future home.
Foundation for frame house
The process of building a frame house using Canadian technology, as in principle all others, it starts with the foundation and floors for the house, which are the base platform for everything buildings. It is very important to do everything right, since from the bottom the reliability of the whole structure depends. Since the tree house is not different weight, do not have to make a massive foundation. Nevertheless, so that the structure is reliably located on the ground and is stable, the foundation needs to be made columnar or tape and provide good waterproofing.
How to make a column foundation? You need to buy asbestos pipes to be buried in the ground.
So, the process is as follows:
- Preparatory work. You need to spend the minimum calculations, taking into account the type of soil, the depth of freezing and the number of storeys of your at home. Then prepare the surface by removing the top fertile layer. Mark up and mark the places where they will be installed pillars. The strength of the foundation depends on the distance of the supports between by myself. The recommended distance is 80 or 100 cm. When you do markup, you need to pay special attention to the most areas subject to loading: corners, walls, furnaces.
- In the designated places, make holes whose diameter is 20 cm and a depth of 100 cm. For convenience, it is better use a special hand drill. Supports must be submerged on 30 cm lower than the freezing ground in your area, keep this in mind. IN depending on the freezing, the depth may vary.
- The bottom of the wells is rammed and a sand cushion is made. In these holes must be inserted asbestos pipes, the height of which is approximately 140 cm. Remember that supports should not protrude from the ground more than 30 cm.
- Set all pipes strictly according to the level, cover the ground with earth and tamp. Then prepare the concrete mixture and fill it with it pipes to a third. Drown two reinforcement bars into the pipe that should protrude by 20-30 cm. Now it remains to fill everything to the end.
- The final step will be the installation of a grillage (lower harness). After the concrete has dried, lay on the pillars a layer of roofing material for waterproofing. Planks should be placed on supports using the method connection spike into the groove. Boards are anchored to the foundation bolts. Fix all elements with screws.
Bottom harness frame house
Your base is ready, but you still need to make sure that the bottom Strapping is straight. Use the building level. Can now proceed with the construction of the floor
The device of the floor in the frame house
To make a foundation in a frame house, you must install lags. Therefore, in advance in the grillage you need to make grooves in places where they will be installed. Next, set the lags in their places, doing a kind of crate for the base. You can use or boards, or a wooden bar, the size of which is 100 × 50 mm or 150 × 50 mm. You can choose products of other sizes, it all depends on Features of the operation of the room and the level of load. Lags can fix with any fasteners: screws, nails, corners, screws or dowels.
Floor in a frame house
So that the wooden structure does not rot over time, treat it with a special compound before installation. Thanks your home will last much longer.
On such a basis, you can lay SIP panels or plywood, thickness which is 20 mm. It is important to tighten the plywood or panel to each support lag so that your floor does not creak when you walk along him. Please note that this work is best done on a sunny day. day when nothing foreshadows precipitation. Otherwise plywood may swell from the rain. Even after you sheathed the entire floor, it is better to cover it with a film of polyethylene, if possible that it will rain.
If you want your floor to be insulated, it is better to sheathe it. SIP panels, inside of which there is a heater. This is done very simple: you need to install panels on prepared logs. The peculiarity of the panels is that they have grooves around the entire perimeter, due to the fact that the insulation in them is not flush. Therefore, they need to be joined by the thorn method in the groove. For starters, outdoor the surface of the plates must be covered with molten bitumen mastic. After which each plate is laid in its place along the perimeter at home. To connect all the elements together, you need use a bar that will serve as a spike. He will connecting element between two plates. Before connecting panels, in the grooves of the panels you need to apply mounting foam. On both sides the connection must be fixed with screws. All the work you can complete in a few hours. At the end of the perimeter, the ends of the panels you need to close the strapping beam, which will give the whole construction rigidity. To do this, the void is blown with foam and a board of the required width is installed in it. For reliability, he also fixed with screws.
The erection of the walls of the frame house
First you need to make sure that the foundation you made perfectly smooth. After all, all the bumps will affect the structure of the building as a whole, provoking distortions. Only then can start building the walls of your home.
Wall construction from SIP panels
As walls, adhering to Canadian technology is better use SIP panels, the installation of which is simple, and the future home will be quite warm. To make such walls, first you need make the lower harness, which will subsequently be “push” the panel. The binding is done in accordance with the drawings your house. The binding boards must be fixed around the perimeter and along throughout the house so that they repeat the design of the ceiling walls. Boards must be wide enough to allow SIP panels to enter her. After all, the construction of walls will also occur by the thorn method groove.
Assembly of walls from SIP panels
The harness must be attached to the base with self-tapping screws. To measure Correct placement of strapping, use the template from the SIP panel. Then, for reliability, a hole is made in the harness and base to the foundation and everything is fixed with anchor bolts. Erect walls better from the corners of the house. The first panel is level and mounted to the strapping beam with mounting foam and self-tapping screws. Now blot connection and install the second panel to form an angle building. Connect the panels to each other on the corner using 220 mm self-tapping screws. Now, according to the drawings, continue to build construction in the same way as the floor. Plates connect between by means of a bar, which acts as a spike between the grooves plates. Do not forget about window and doorways. After the frame is ready, the upper grooves of the panels must be foamed and placed there binding board.
Now it’s time to make the overlap, which may be made from ordinary boards, as well as from the same SIP panels. If you build a two or three-story house, then after mounting the floor continue to build walls on the same principle as the first floor. And when you build a one-story house, then it’s time to start roof construction.
Frame roof construction
As you know, roofs for houses are different:
- single slope;
These are far from all kinds. But traditionally in our area they do gable roof.
The first thing to do is to install the Mauerlat, to which the entire rafter system will be attached. As rafters, you can use boards 50 mm thick and 100 mm wide. To make a crate, take boards from a thickness of 25 mm and a width of 100 mm Rafters are installed at an angle of 45-50˚. They can be made immediately on the ground or directly on the roof, so as not to lift them there.
So, on top of the rafters are connected by a face connection with nails. To give them rigidity, from the top connection should be retreated 500-600 mm and nail bolt, to get the rafters in the shape of the letter “A”. Lower ends need lay on the Mauerlat and securely fix them. Do not forget make a release of 200-250 mm.
Insulated roof residential building
First you need to install the extreme rafters, in front of the house and behind. In order to securely fix them and give rigidity, in addition do the mowing and run in the middle. Now put the rafters on in the center of the house and from above beat a skateboard. It remains to install the rest of the rafters. Please note that the rafters are necessary set in increments of 500 mm. Sheathed pediments can be the same SIP panels.
Now you need to make a crate. You need to fix the boards to rafters in increments of 50 mm. Do not forget to release for extreme rafters 200–250 mm. Lathing boards are fixed with nails, whose length is 60 mm. After the crate is done, on it lay one or two layers of roofing material for waterproofing. At the same time, it spreads vertically with an overlap of 100–150 mm. His also need to be fixed to the crate with small nails with a wide a hat. To insulate the roof, you can lay a layer below insulation, and protect it with vapor barrier tape.
The roof of the house, made by Canadian technology, can also be do SIP panels.
Now you just have to lay the roofing material and sheathe overhangs of the roof. As a roofing material can serve:
- metal tile;
- corrugated board;
- ceramic tile.
What to choose – decide for yourself. Build on your finances and desires.
Now the foundation of your home using Canadian technology is ready. As you can see, making such a house is quite quick and easy, the main thing is this is desire and following instructions. But on this home construction not finished, you still have a lot to do. But all this is already standard scheme that is suitable for the construction of any home. You will have to conduct all communications, put windows, doors, complete the inner and outer lining, etc. However, the main the work is done, and you can only be proud of how much you have already done. Such a house, made according to Canadian technology, will stand for a long time!