Table of contents:
- 1 Foundation choice
- 2 column foundation
- 3 Screw pile foundation
- 4 Stages of construction
- 5 Home insulation
- 6 Features of arrangement of vapor barrier frame house
- 7 Photos of interesting solutions
- 8 Video: Do-it-yourself self-construction of a house technology
Frame house – light and very simple, it can be built in short term. Such facilities are becoming increasingly popular. Buildings are erected in summer cottages for both seasonal and permanent residence. When erecting buildings using this technology you must take into account only one detail – the period of residence. IN article we will give step-by-step instructions for the construction of frame do it yourself at home.
Column foundation in cutaway
Since frame houses are very light, you don’t need to powerful foundation, you can install the following types:
- screw piles;
- shallow ribbon.
A lot when laying the foundation depends on the type of soil and number of storeys of the structure. So, during the construction of a simple one-story the house can be dispensed with columnar even on capricious soil.
- In order to build a small house for one medium families on a columnar foundation, for the foundation you need to purchase about 120-150 columns.
- Using a conventional drill, recesses should be made in the soil 20 cm in diameter and about a meter deep. Distance between holes – about 80 cm.
- Then asbestos-cement pipes (columns) are inserted into the holes. The space remaining next to the pipes must be compacted by filling crushed stone and sand.
- Through a funnel, in the holes of the columns, pour the solution cement.
Having established such a foundation, you do not even have to wait until it freezes solution to continue work.
Screw pile foundation
On screw piles you can build a house without involving a team workers. To install piles, on the contrary, it is advisable to use it is manual labor. This is due to the fact that such work allows screw the piles strictly in level without deviations.
When screwing piles, one basic rule must be remembered: it is strictly forbidden to unscrew piles repeatedly. Even if one of them was installed incorrectly, it is better to just leave it in that the same position than breaking the compacted soil.
Unscrewing piles is the main mistake of all beginners.
There are two technologies for the construction of frame houses: Finnish and canadian. However, the very principles of the construction of such structures are the same.
Stages of construction:
- To build a house, frames are used. They can be wooden or steel, depending on the wishes of the owner. Today, the most common are wooden from timber. They are economical, environmentally friendly and easy to install. Steel frames at the same time are more expensive by about a third. However they are slightly lighter in weight, which saves on foundation. In steel structures, you can safely use steel fasteners. But for a tree it is better to choose wooden screwed up.
- First of all, you need to make the floor. To do this, put on the basis of the floor ruberoid. Next, you need to install around the perimeter the beam, which will serve as the basis for the installation of the draft gender. The rough floor is made from the most inexpensive material – unedged boards.
- Before installing the rough floor, you need to make lags and put between them a heater that protects against cold and moisture. It is better to pre-process the boards before laying. impregnation from decay and dampness.
- When the floor is ready, you need to assemble the walls. They are mounted first on some flat surface, and only then install. It is advisable to choose a completely flat place in order to bring down the frame of each wall, otherwise distortions may occur. On each side of the walls you need to make jibs that will support racks.
- When installing the walls, the desired ceiling height must be taken into account. Better if it is within 2.5 meters. This ensures that after decorative finishing, it will not become lower than 2.3 meters. Usually low ceilings oppress and cause unpleasant feelings.
- The house is sheathed with boards.
- Equally important is the installation of windows. By technology, their the size should not exceed 20% of the size of the wall. When glazing You can choose any double-glazed windows. If you plan to live in a house year-round, it is better to choose triple sealed double-glazed windows.
After the frame is assembled and sheathed, and the roof is ready, it is necessary proceed with the decorative decoration of the structure. The house can be finished clapboard, siding or sandwich panels. When finishing the roof should make sure that it does not leak. Between the lags is better lay a layer of heat insulator and waterproofing material. For the external coating is well suited to modern material such as metal tile.
Before warming the house, you need to choose the materials. Warming held inside and out. Interior decoration is best done with using mineral wool and drywall. If desired, you can use vinyl gypsum board inside, which is not only retains all the heat-insulating properties of this material, but also It has excellent aesthetic characteristics. So master at the same time solve the problem with insulation and make decorative decoration of the room.
External insulation is carried out to the finish. Need more conduct thermal insulation.
- First, they make a crate at home. Between the battens of the battens lay a layer of mineral wool.
- Styrofoam is applied on top of the mineral wool.
- The cracks between the foam plates and the racks foam ordinary mounting foam.
- Insulation of the outer part of the frame can be carried out without crates.
The inside is insulated in much the same way. Gotta lay material between the racks at home, and then further close polystyrene foam.
Features of arrangement of vapor barrier frame house
Vapor barrier is a must in any room. Especially if this is a residential building in which there is a kitchen, bathroom and other places high humidity. It is noted that in such premises the level moisture can be even higher than outdoors.
The vapor barrier is often installed incorrectly.
- The main mistake is using instead of factory vapor insulators of improvised materials and polyethylene. Vapor barrier film, despite its resemblance to polyethylene, has a special structure. It is multi-layered.
- Incorrect and poor installation of a vapor barrier. Sometimes builders during the installation of the membrane can tear it or damage the seams. It also often happens that the membrane is bad glued to the walls.
- Installing a vapor barrier membrane on the outside of the house. Windproof layers are usually made outside. A vapor barrier is necessary mount only from the inside. By the way, during installation, you should make sure that the membrane is installed the right side.
The vapor barrier membrane is mounted on a heat insulating layer. A business in that it is the heat insulator that most often harms condensate. Therefore, it must be protected. If steam penetrates, then approximately after a couple of seasons, the owner of the house will find that the insulation has stopped function. The moisture that caused the appearance is to blame slots in this layer. If the defect is not eliminated, then only worse. Soon the steam will reach the boards.
Typically, the wall thickness of a frame house is 70% composed of insulation. If the insulation layer is destroyed, then the structure will fall apart very quickly.
When installing a vapor barrier, it must be remembered that the building must “breathe”. It must have a natural movement air masses.
Installation of polyethylene instead of special membranes destroys processes ventilation. This causes the destruction of the house. Indoor dampness, mold and fungus begin to appear. Forced ventilation is unlikely to save the situation.
No material acts as destructively as polyethylene. It completely seals the room. Given that in modern houses also have sealed double-glazed windows and double doors, you can imagine what the atmosphere will be in such a room.
Photos of interesting solutions
Video: do-it-yourself frame house construction technology