Table of contents:
- 1 What you need money for
- 2 Price of roofing material
- 3 Price of additional materials
- 4 Price of installation work
You can often hear that the foundation is the main thing in the house. But the roof of the house also plays an important role, because it protects against wind, rain, snow, sun and other factors. She must be reliable and durable. Times when as a roofing material used only slate or soft roofing for a long time in the past. Now a huge variety is available to the buyer roofing materials that are of high quality, eco-friendly, wear-resistant, durable and simply beautiful. But you need to consider that the roof will cost you 30-40% of the total the value of your home. Therefore, it is important to immediately determine how much It’s worth building the roof of the house so that you have an idea of the future expenses and could plan your budget. From this article you find out the approximate cost of the roof.
What do you need money for
What will it take to spend money
Usually, before starting to build his house, everyone wants to determine how much this construction will cost him. Usually, such a cost estimate is prepared by specialists who are engaged in the project of your housing. This report includes the following costs:
- The price of roofing material.
- The price of auxiliary materials.
- The price of work performed (if you will have a roof specialists).
- Delivery and other unforeseen circumstances.
But since not all resort to the help of specialists who can make an accurate calculation, all these costs must be considered by yourself. The price of the future roof depends on the value buildings and its purpose. The bigger the house, the more it will take material and, accordingly, money.
Price of roofing material
Most of your funds will go to the roof material. First of all, you need to decide which one to buy. Often modern roofs are made of metal.
- average affordable price;
- huge selection of colors;
- simplicity and ease of installation;
- environmental friendliness of the material;
- the service life is more than 20 years.
- poor sound insulation, so you will hear the sound of rain;
- the need for additional insulation and sound insulation, which increase the cost of work;
The average prices for metal tiles range from 300 to 600 rubles per m2 depending on quality and manufacturer. Now you need to calculate the quadrature of your roof to determine how much material is needed to complete the work. Easiest use special calculators that will easily help you to cope with the task. You only need to enter data and the system calculates the area of the roof.
The roof area can be measured based on the area of the upper floor and design features of the building. Also consider the type roofs: single-pitched, gable or mansard.
On average, having calculated everything, you can get the following prices for material:
- for a small house with a roof area of approximately 100 m2 – an average of 30 thousand to 60 thousand rubles;
- for an average house with a roof area of approximately 200 m2 – an average of 60 thousand to 120 thousand rubles;
- for a large house with a roof area of approximately 300 m2 – an average of 90 thousand to 180 thousand rubles.
In exactly the same way, you can calculate costs for using any other material: soft tiles, composite metal tiles, bitumen sheets, ceramic plastics.
Often, to save money, the roof is made of corrugated board. His the cost per 1 m2 can range from 150 to 500 rubles. Such a roof will cost you almost 2 times cheaper, depending on Your chosen price.
The price of additional materials
But the matter does not stop at the purchase of material, since this just the beginning. Roofing without additional materials is not put it down. Therefore, it is important to immediately determine what is necessary purchase additionally:
- Metal or wooden products from which it will be necessary to design a rafter system and a crate.
- If you want to make a country house with a flat roof, calculate how much cement, sand and other materials you need, which will be required for the construction of such a roof.
- If the rafter system will be made of wooden bars, you need to buy screws, nails, knitting wire, metal staples, plates and corners.
- When the project has an attic, you will have to buy a heater, waterproofing, heat insulating and vapor barrier materials. Moreover, attics are often equipped with windows.
All this must be taken into account and, having calculated, add to the cost roofing material. But other than that, you will need to take care of the safety of the roof, as from time to time it will be necessary to periodically inspect or repair it. And in in winter, the roof will have to be cleaned of precipitation. Eventually You will need to buy a ladder, snow retainers and transition bridges. Some elements can be neglected, but modern requirements those are.
Snow retainers and attic staircase
Price of installation work
Another important point to consider when calculating the cost of hiring specialists. At this stage you need to decide who will carry out installation work. There are several options.
You can hire a specialized company that will provide you with qualified staff who will do your roof quickly and efficiently. But, accordingly, the price is the services will be rather big. Yet such companies have the right mechanisms, transport, which can deliver the necessary materials.
As one more advantage, it can be noted that the company can offer to buy material from its own warehouse. On the this can be saved, since the price of such material is very close to the price set by the manufacturer.
The cost of work
Another option is to attract workers who are not dependent on companies, and work for themselves. They are often called “wild teams.” It is clear that the cost of their work will be much lower, but no guarantees from such teams should not be expected. It happens that among such there are many good professionals who can perform all work is of high quality. You can use the so-called word of mouth and ask friends or acquaintances if they don’t know they are a good team. Finding them will not be so difficult.
The third option – the cheapest – to do everything yourself. Clear, that without basic knowledge and experience it will be difficult for you to accomplish such work, but you can ask for help and recommendations. For example, you can find many instructional articles on our website. Having examined all the information, you can build a roof by yourself. It is clear that without the help of friends or relatives this is not enough, but still it will be much cheaper than hiring specialists.
You must understand in advance that quickly make the roof it will not work out on its own. If you have the time and deadlines you are not running out, this option will be acceptable to you.
If we go back to prices, then hiring specialists or ordinary workers will cost you 50-100% of the amount of roofing material. If you do it yourself, you can save 2 times.
To see the full picture of all costs, we offer your attention to a special table, thanks to which you can approximately see how much money you will need to build a roof at home.
We hope this article helped you decide the value of your roof. If you have any questions, you You can write them in the comments. Our experts are happy to see you will help.