Table of contents:
- 1 Material selection
- 2 shelf design
- 3 Surface Treatment
- 4 Recommendations of specialists
- 5 videos
- 6 Photos
The most important attribute of any steam room is called canopy, from the correct arrangement of which is largely the comfort of taking bathing procedures (including their security). A competent approach to the choice of material and design regiments will turn this functional element into a decent decoration of the interiors of the steam room.
Before making a canopy in the bath, first of all, familiarize yourself with existing design options, as well as decide on the material from which you will be it to make.
When choosing a material should take into account the characteristic features various tree species, as well as their specific conditions practical application. To ensure a comfortable environment exploitation of wood used for the manufacture of shelves, The following requirements apply:
- low level of thermal conductivity;
- fiber strength;
- lack of tar discharge;
- resistance to high temperatures and moisture.
Of all the wood species that we know, the specified requirements its varieties such as cedar, linden, alder and aspen are quite satisfied. When choosing a specific material from the specified series, as a rule, preference is given to linden.
Shelf sizes for baths
Before you make a canopy for a bath do it yourself determine the order of arrangement of its individual elements, from which will determine the ease of operation of the entire facility in whole. There are several options for manufacturing shelves in doubles premises, the choice of which is determined by specific conditions operation. Consider each of these designs more in detail:
- The stepped version of the arrangement involves placement individual shelves in three tiers; and the canopy is located in this case along the wall farthest from the oven or in the corner. With this the design of the regiment manages to obtain two temperature zones, in which create various conditions for the adoption of bath procedures. IN within the limits of one of them (upper) the most hot conditions, while on the lower shelf you can relax and catch your breath in cooler air. One of the indisputable the advantages of this design is its cost-effectiveness, allowing expand the useful area of the twin room.
- The so-called “L-shaped” variant of the location of the shelf involves the installation of upper and lower shelves along one wall, and medium – along the other. A similar design is used as as a rule, in steam rooms of a limited size, where there is a need to save every meter occupied area.
- Well, in very small pairs, it is often used arrangement option similar to that used in wagon coupe. In this case, only two shelves are placed one above the other. Thanks to special design mounts can be folded, freeing up the necessary space (similarly side shelves in wagons).
At the end of the installation, the canopy will need to worry about protecting their surface from destruction, as well as giving finished more attractive designs. But before you process the surface of the shelves in any of the known ways – it is necessary sand them thoroughly using a special grinding tool. When choosing a protective decorative composition should take into account the fact that not all known types of wood coatings can be used at elevated temperatures.
So, for steam rooms typical paint and varnish impregnations, since at high temperatures they form a film on the surface of the wood.
For this reason, steam rooms use special compositions and impregnations resistant to high temperatures and moisture and not forming films at the same time. As a sample of such a coating may be considered the universal composition of the brand “Supi Saunavaha” (Tikkurila), made on the basis of natural wax.
Recommendations of specialists
- In certain conditions, the most convenient manufacturing option shelf is a collapsible design that allows drying its elements in the fresh air.
- When fixing the elements of the shelf should not be placed close to the steam room wall, providing a small gap (about 5-7 cm). For these purposes you can use special wooden spacers placed between the boards and the wall (watch the video).
- Structural elements in direct contact with the floor, must be protected from moisture. As such insulators can be used carved from a piece of rubber gaskets.
This video details the assembly of the canopy in steam room:
Corner canopy in the bath
The canopy in the steam room
Located in the corner
Canopy in the bath
Made of logs