Table of contents:
- 1 sagging sash
- 2 Loose fit
- 3 Replacing the handle
- 4 The handle does not turn
- 5 Replacing the glass
- 6 The sash does not close
- 6.1 Aubi
- 6.2 GU, Roto, Maco and Winkhaus
- 7 Setting the operation of the clamping mechanism
- 8 videos
It would seem that plastic windows entered our life completely recently, but as it turned out, they do not serve people forever (or even would be a couple of decades) without repair. And since calling the wizard because a small problem (the window does not close or the mechanism has broken) in the result is pretty expensive, many owners prefer repair plastic windows, so to speak, at home conditions.
Accessories may vary depending on the brand of the manufacturer. Now we will consider one of the options for repairing plastic windows, when at the end of the open sash of your window you see located metal tongue at a slight angle.
The most common situation that everyone faces the fifth is the sagging of the sash, as a result of which it begins touch the bottom of the window binding. To eliminate this malfunctions you will need a hexagon of a suitable size. Getting Started Repair:
- Sag adjustment sash Open sagging sash.
- At the end of the window (where the upper loop is), we find the hole under hexagon.
- We insert the hexagon into this hole and turn on ourselves (a quarter or half a turn) – this movement will slightly raise the outer edge of the sash.
- Close and check if the bottom edge has ceased to cling window. If there is still sagging, repeat the process (i.e. turn the hex another half turn).
- Check the result.
- If the window still does not close easily enough, do not in contact with the bottom, you should raise a little more, but already in the loop.
- Remove the protective plastic cap from the bottom loop (with closed sash).
- Insert the hexagon on top of the loop (strictly vertically).
- Turn the hexagon clockwise (half turnover or the whole turnover).
- Check the purity of the closing. If you still cling to the bottom edge, repeat the last step again.
If the sash, when trying to close it, touches the central vertical part of the window binding:
- Open the window.
- At the bottom of the bottom loop of the window binding (see from the side end face) we find the hole for the hexagon.
- We turn the hexagon to one or the other side, shifting Thus, the bottom of the sash left or right to the desired provisions.
- If necessary, similarly adjust the upper part (via top loop).
Repair is loose adjacent sash
Elimination of a not very snug fit of the sash also applies easy plastic window repair independently:
- Hardware Adjustment plastic window Open the window.
- Locate on the vertical end “clamps” – metal tabs slightly oval in shape.
- Take the pliers and gently turn the clamp:
- if you put it horizontally, it will be as much as possible tight fit
- the vertical position of the oval is minimally dense fit.
Window adjustment sash
You can also adjust the sash fit with using a hexagon and a T-shaped clamp located on a rack of windows.
How to press the sash to the frame
If blowing in the place of the canopy of the lower loop:
- Remove the plastic cap from the hinge (with the window closed).
- At the bottom of the loop, find the small hole under “asterisk” (marking “T”).
- Take the appropriate nozzle on the screwdriver, insert it into hole and turn a little clockwise (so you press sash to binding).
- Gently rotate the decorative plate at the base (underneath you will see two bolts).
- Loosen the bolts, remove the old handle and put in its place new one.
The handle does not turn
If not turning a pen
The reason that the handle stops when the window is closed turn around or have to do this apply a certain force, is to displace pivoting “tongue” located at the end of the sash, relative to its “otvetka” (at the window binding stand). In that case you have to adjust the position (adjustment methods were described above) so that the “tab” when closing the window rested on his “otvetku”.
If the handle does not turn when the sash is open, then you just you must press your finger on the “tongue”, pressing it into a vertical position.
Glass unit replacement
But in the case when the replacement of a double-glazed window is required and especially, if your window is at a sufficient height above ground level (at the second or higher floors of a multi-storey building), carry out repairs yourself is not recommended. This is exactly that situation when you should contact the service center and entrust solving the problem for professionals.
Sash does not close
If your handle is jammed in the open position, do not be alarmed. As a rule, the cause of this is the release of the blocker. His mounted on window fittings to prevent breakage window. When turning the knob to tilt or tilt the position is activated by the locking device, so that the handle not cranking. But due to malfunctions of this device the window may not close or open. Before disconnecting blocking mechanism should determine the brand of hardware.
To disable the locking mechanism, you need to install the sash in vertical position. If it is in the swing-out position, the locking mechanism mounted on the upper loop also will not allow to turn the handle. Metal plate with spring located in the pen area. Press it with your fingers to the seal, and after turn.
GU, Roto, Maco and Winkhaus
There is a metal plate under the handle. She sticks out at an angle relation to the frame. To rotate the handle, press plate, after which it will fall into a parallel position sash.
If the window does not close, check to see if it is in contact locking mechanism with a response element located on frame.
With the temperature expansion of the window frames, the blocker may to skip. To remove the fault you should find on the response element, for which, when working properly, clings blocking mechanism. Remove the screws that secure this element. Place a plastic lining under it. Can also use a lining of any other material. And then tighten the screws. Thus, the lock will again engage with response element.
Adjustment of the clamping mechanism
Over time, the sealing gum on the sash loses volume, as a result of which gaps are formed in the windows leading to heat loss and deterioration of sound insulation in the house / apartment. Can It seems that the best solution to the problem is to replace the seal. But in fact, the clamping force can be increased without these action.
Change the working force of the clamping mechanism twice a year. it due to low and high temperatures in cold / warm season. Thus, the voltage in the hardware will decrease, than the operational life of the rubber gasket will increase.
Special cylinders are installed at the end of the sash. They are in the slots of the metal plugs. They are called eccentrics or trunnions. Mating elements / hooks are installed on the frame, into which eccentrics / trunnions enter during the process of turning the handle, resulting in the sash is pressed firmly against the frame. Clamping force setting the mechanism is carried out by moving the reciprocal hooks or scrolling eccentrics / pins.
To adjust the closing of the sash, turn the protruding part of the trunnion inside the window. So, there is a weakening work of the clamping mechanism. Opposite actions will lead to reinforcing this action.
The method for setting the eccentric may vary depending on Hardware manufacturer:
- There is a slot on the trunnion that can be turned using flat screwdriver.
- The eccentric scrolls with pliers from the end surface. If you have enough strength, then you can do it with your hands.
The setting must be done carefully so as not to damage the mechanism trunnion mounts.
If the cylinders at the end cannot be adjusted, change mate / hook position. It is mounted on two bolts, having a hex key. If you loosen the bolts, then you can slightly move the hook towards the room, which will reduce clip, or towards the street, which will strengthen it.
After loosening / strengthening the clamping device, you can go to canopies. Consider windows with a fanlight system that allows you to open window in ventilation mode. In this case, to adjust the clip you need to remove the plastic cap of the platband from the lower canopy. On the in the canopy you will see two bolts under the hexagon and groping one hidden bolt. With their help, you can change the position of the sash by relation to the frame.
To adjust the frame clamp you will need to adjust the bolt, coming out perpendicular to the plane of the window. It is better to configure it when closed window. To strengthen the clamping mechanism, scroll it along clockwise and vice versa.
If the upper part is not fixed to the canopy, but to the structure – scissors, then to access the adjusting bolts you need her open up.
There is a lever / clip on the side of the side of the handle. Press it and scroll the handle in parallel, setting it to airing mode. The sash will be held on the lower canopy and scissors mechanism, because it will come out of the groove at the upper angle. it allows you to get to the head, so you adjust clamping force of the upper part. In the normal position, the mechanism sets in on the end. It is located on the underside of the lever that holds sash. Turn the bolt slightly. Setup is similar trunnion setting This sequence is described above.