Table of contents:
- 1 Design
- 2 Material preparation
- 2.1 Preparation of the base
- 2.2 Assembly
- 3 videos
As one of the possible options for arranging draft flooring these days are pretty often chosen specific designs called adjustable floors. The arrangement of such structures involves the use of a lag system, mounted on mechanically adjustable supports, due to which everything base leveling procedures are markedly simplified. Besides of this, when using such a basis, the possibility remains adjusting the position of finished floors in the process of their operation (in areas of arbitrary area).
In order to make adjustable floors on the logs, first the turn should be familiar with the principle of their device. Right away note that in this case (by analogy with the traditional system laying) the final floor covering is mounted over the base, consisting of special wooden bars or logs.
The main difference between the installation method we are considering and the The classical scheme consists in a special way of fixing the sex lags, which in the first case occupy a strictly fixed position, since they are mounted on a static basis (on cranial bars). When preparing the adjustable base, the support bars are equipped with special movable bushings with screw thread. Speaking in the role of supporting structural elements, such bushings during rotation change the position of the lag vertically and adjust the plane grounds.
Thus, by rotating the bushings integrated in the lags, will raise or lower the sections of the genital base, in need of adjustment. In this case, the ability to align without dismantling is the main advantage of designs on adjustable lags.
Despite the apparent fragility of the embedded plastic bushings, the strength of the floor assembled on their basis is quite high. For increasing the bearing capacity of the rough base is enough just increase the number of movable support bolts.
Mounting adjustable floors is quite simple provided that when organizing assembly work, the following are strictly carried out requirements:
- Coniferous wooden beams are selected as supports wood without cracks, chips, knots, as well as explicit signs of decay.
- The quality of the plastic of which the bushings are made and their holders should not be in doubt.
- To extend the life of the structure, its wooden elements must be treated with an antiseptic. Also for exclusion the likelihood of fire of the wooden parts last processed flame retardants.
- In the event that the procurement of sexual lag is not provided finished holes – you have to prepare them yourself with using a special drill, the diameter of which is 1.0-1.5 mm less sections of the plastic sleeve itself. This approach guarantees maximum rigidity of landing of the support in the log material.
Before you make an adjustable floor, you should carefully prepare its foundation, which should be sufficiently rigid (best if it is a concrete slab or poured over rough floor screed).
Prepare the floor
To prepare the concrete base, it will be necessary to do following operations:
- clean the plates of debris and dirt;
- cracks and crevices located around the perimeter with a grinder cut to a depth of about 30 mm and then fill with sealant on epoxy based;
- in order to increase the rigidity of the top layer of concrete, process it special hardening mixture (sold in dry or liquid performance);
- lay waterproofing over the reinforcing material.
These preparatory operations will allow you to get sufficiently strong foundation, and also provide the required microclimate in the space under the floor.
Preliminary arrangement lag
Direct assembly of adjustable floors must be done. taking into account the following recommendations:
- Ready-made logs with holes for supports previously dispersed over the surface of the base in increments depending on type of future coverage.
- For tiles or linoleum, this distance should be about 40 cm, and for coating from parquet or laminate it is chosen within 60 cm
- A small gap is left between the wall and the extreme lags (about 15 mm).
- At the joints of the floor bars, laid longitudinally, also a clearance of at least 3 cm must be provided.
We advise you to be fully responsible for the requirement of compliance with the specified temperature gap required for prevention of possible deformation of structural elements when changes in temperature and humidity in the room.
Mounting the support posts
At the next stage of installation, you can go to lag installation using height-adjustable plastic racks. For this:
- using the holes in the bars as guides, drill into the concrete base of the recess for placement of supporting anchors;
- insert the support posts into the holes and bait them on threaded connection. When screwing in, carefully monitor to prevent small chips from entering the threaded connection or mud;
- then hammer the dowels into the concrete nests and fix in them prepared support stands;
- using a special key, we adjust the position of the lag, aligning them on the plane of the base. Make sure that maximum height difference did not exceed 1 mm per linear meter.
The alignment of the supports should be started from the edges of the coating, gradually moving to its center.
The protruding parts are cut grinder
After all adjustment operations are completed – it will be necessary to cut off the protruding parts of the support sleeves with ordinary chisel or grinder. Try to fix the racks structures as rigid as possible so that over time they cannot loosen up. All subsequent flooring operations are performed. in the usual manner.
This video shows the process from start to finish. installation of an adjustable floor on logs: