Table of contents:
- 1 Choose type
- 2 stages of preparation
- 3 Foundation
- 4 Open kitchen
- 5 Closed kitchen
- 6 home stretch
- 7 Photos
- 8 Schemes and drawings
In the open air, not only is appetite stronger, but also food it is acquired much better. In warm weather I do not want to sit indoors. Winter preservation is also easier to do at the street. In the article we will tell you how to build a summer kitchen with your own hands, demonstrate diagrams, drawings, photos and videos instructions.
All types of summer kitchens can be classified into two categories:
Open with barbecue
Closed kitchens resemble a small building, similar to a house, which often does not have much insulation. The advantage of this solutions will be insect protection, better weather protection, and also from the wind. Open kitchen option with one or more sides can be protected with fabric, wood or another wall. The advantage of this solution will be greater unity with by nature. Among the open types of buildings, the following options are distinguished:
- With a barbecue. In this case, you have an advantage cook your favorite meal over an open fire. Barbecue will be available in any weather. If you additionally mount the furnace, then you can will please friends with pizza.
- With a gazebo or pergola. Nice to sit among the greenery. it exactly the solution in which the whole structure will be shrouded over time grapes, ivy or other climbing plants.
- A canopy adjacent to the house. The easiest way to erect. It requires the least amount of investment. But there is a negative point. At When cooking, all the fumes and smoke will go towards the house. It may damage walls or other decorative materials.
From foam blocks
Once you have chosen one of the possible options, it’s time to create a small project.
- Choose a location. Well, when there is an opportunity place the kitchen in a cozy garden where a pleasant atmosphere reigns peace of mind. At this stage, it is necessary to take into account the proximity of the location various communications. They will definitely be needed. For electrical appliances will need wiring. When cooking food can not do without water and after it must be put somewhere. Not Place the building close to driveways and roads. Then your meal will not be spoiled by unpleasant odors. If there is a toilet on the street, then it’s better to leave it as far as possible.
- We dwell on the material for construction. If a closed kitchen is planned, then you can approach it as frame building, in this case you will need wood. Good an option would be a building made of foam blocks or brick. Open most likely it will be made of wood or one or two of its walls will be from the material that was listed earlier.
- Determined with the roof. In an open building, it will be great soft tiles look, but this is a rather costly solution, although it cannot be excluded, because the roof area will be small. A good option is a metal tile or corrugated board. Maybe, waiting for your turn, you have sheets of slate or ondulin – they also fit.
- The project should also consider what equipment is planned. purchase for summer kitchen.
Made of bricks
Summer kitchen is usually conceived as a lightweight construction. it means that the foundation can immediately appear and floor, and perhaps pouring is not required at all.
- First you need to clear the selected area of everything garbage and vegetation.
- A small layer of top soil is removed.
- One of the corners of the future building is indicated by a wooden peg or a metal rod. Further installed three more elements. To arrange them correctly, you must measure diagonals for identity. A fishing line is pulled between them. or strong twine, which will serve as a guide.
Sidewalk Playground tiles
If the building will consist of a canopy, then after these steps can be done as follows:
- At a depth of 30 cm, the entire perimeter of the marked platforms.
- The bottom is leveled and compacted.
- Sand is covered with a layer of 10-15 cm inside. It also leveled and well rammed.
- The remaining space is filled out and eliminated. final alignment.
- Further on our “pie”, which was prepared, fits paving or other tile which is intended for the street. This can be done on a dry cement mortar, which after spilling water will fix the entire base well.
- Pits are dug at four corners, their depth should be at least 50 cm. The formwork is installed inside. From fittings the crate is made, which will be the basis of reinforced concrete designs. It is laid inside and poured with a solution. At Using a vibrator, the whole mixture is rammed. Until the concrete has frozen in two metal plates are inserted in the middle, to which we we can fix the wooden poles, which will be a support for the walls and the roof.
Styling technology paving slabs
This option will be relevant in the case when the soil tight enough. In cases where groundwater can be very close to the surface or displacements of the upper layer, a stronger foundation must be provided. Also if you are on you plan to complete such a foundation with a stove or barbecue, then for they will need to lay separate concrete supports.
In order to make a foundation slab, we need take the first three steps from the previous instruction. Further we are accepted for the following:
- We prepare 8 pieces of reinforcing bars. Four of them should be on 10 cm shorter than one side of the future building, 4 others 10 cm shorter than the other. If the building is square, then all of them get the same size.
- We stack four of them in the form of our future structure and we fix among themselves. Then, every 40 cm, we tie longitudinal and transverse jumpers. In the same way we prepare the second the grid. We connect the two gratings with jumpers to such a height that the future plate towered at least 5 cm above the surface.
- The whole structure is lowered into the middle of a dug hole, set formwork and pour concrete. We ram with a vibrator. Leveling slats and let stand for several weeks.
- In fresh concrete around the perimeter in increments of a meter can be placed metal plates to the width of the future beam for the walls. Or is it can only be done in corners.
Manufacture foundation slab
It is very important that the floor is above the surface of the earth. Thanks to this, rainwater will not flow. Also good to do a slight slope of the floor, so that rainfall drain freely into the drain or simply through the door.
In the case when it is planned to build a closed brick kitchen or foam block, this version of the foundation may suffice. Also for these needs can be built shallow shallow or columnar foundation. In this case, such large-scale excavation.
- At a depth of 50 cm, a trench is digging around the entire perimeter of the future the kitchen. The width will depend on the thickness of the walls. Anyway the foundation should be 10-15 cm wider.
- A layer of sand is poured into the bottom, which is leveled and spills with water.
- The metal base-lattice is made according to the principle, as in the previous instructions. She fits into the trench.
- Formwork is installed with the calculation that the future foundation towered 20-30 cm above the surface of the earth.
- We fill the cement mortar, tamp and level it. Give stand for 2-3 weeks.
All communications must be connected in parallel with laying the foundation, so that later you do not have to hammer it holes or dig under it. So that the pipes are not clogged solution, they must be closed in advance with a cloth and polyethylene oilcloth.
Open summer masonry the kitchen
This option can be built most quickly. We have already laid base and mount for supports. If you plan to have a kitchen with one or both sides was covered with walls of brick or another material, then the first step is to start the construction these partitions.
- At the corners of future walls, we dig metal into the ground a square pipe or profile measuring 50 × 50 mm. Expose it by level. We do this so that the planks are close to the masonry. They will guide us.
- Between them we pull the fishing line. Raise it to the height of the first row of bricks to be laid. We expose it according to the level.
- We prepare a cement-sand mortar in a ratio of 1: 3. Of this It will be enough for our purposes.
- We make a laying, being guided by the stretched fishing line, and also periodically check ourselves level.
- Once the first row is finished, raise the fishing line for the next and so on until the very end.
- In order to make the design more stable, you can lay reinforcing mesh.
Summer project example kitchens from timber
If you do not plan on having walls of this nature, then the process will be much easier.
- To the metal plates that we laid during making the foundation, fasten the beam, which will serve support. When the whole structure will be long, then it is necessary foresee the need to install 3-4 columns on one side. Their length should be equal to the height of our construction, and side dimensions 15 × 15 cm or 15 × 10 cm.
- We expose them according to the level so that they are strictly vertical. The bars of one wall should be longer so that we can arrange roof slope.
- Immediately strengthen our posts with the upper harness. It can be made from the same logs. We fix using metal corners.
- To give greater stability to the entire structure, you can install two jibs near each column. You can support them fasten with self-tapping screws, and anchor to the base a bolt.
- We mount beams for our future roof. Make them better kept in places of their adjunction to the harness, it is better to perform cuts. We fix using metal corners.
- We make a crate for the flooring, as recommended by the manufacturer. We lay the roofing material.
- To create more comfort, one side (or more) can will be sewn up with a wooden lining or block house. On the the other is to make a wooden grate. It is possible to equip supports for climbing green plants.
In the case when it is planned to build a pergola, after laying ceiling beams do nothing more. They can be covered stain or varnish. Then the plants themselves will do their job by creating shadow when fully expanded.
Closed frame summer kitchen
At the design stage, it may have been decided to erect the walls from a foam block or brick, then you can do this by that principle with installation of vertical landmarks, as mentioned above. Wall thickness may not be too large. In some cases laying in half a brick is allowed. But always consider the weight of the future the roof. In the future, outside the building can be sheathed with siding or block house. For interior decoration, a block house is also suitable, lining or other material that will be resistant to frost, because it is unlikely that someone will specially the room.
A beam is laid on the walls, which will act as Mauerlat. Its size can be 10 × 15 cm. It is fixed at using anchor bolts or studs that need to be walled up the construction of the walls. It must be laid under it waterproofing in the form of roofing material or bicrost. On logs the rafter system is installed. She may be like for gable, and for a gable roof (for this option it will be enough to make one wall higher than another, then between them just installed beams). The beam is mounted on the beams and roofing is laid. Hemmed ceiling.
An example of a closed kitchen
You can go easier and stay on the wireframe version. For him we need bars of the same size as for vertical columns from instructions on an open kitchen. Of them we make base. We lay them on the perimeter of our foundation in two layers roofing material or bicrost, which will serve as a waterproofing. We make a dressing between them. To do this, on the edge of each log deepening half the depth and a width equal to the width of the log. Check the diagonals. We fix them together using self-tapping screws and internal metal corners. Next, fix to advance prepared plates or anchors to the foundation.
We mount corner support posts from the same beam. In increments of 60 cm install additional vertical supports from the board 10 × 5 cm in size. For greater rigidity we fasten the jibs for each main support. We carry out the upper binding and install rafter system for the future roof. We do this by analogy with open kitchen option.
Take care of the presence of sinks and cabinets
Even if we plan to have a barbecue in our kitchen or stoves, this does not exclude the presence of a gas or electric stove, which is much more convenient to use. Must take care on the installation of sinks, faucets, as well as supports for dishes, on which it will dry. Well, if there is a cabinet in which it will be possible to hide cutlery, as well as pots. Necessary take care of the dining table, as well as comfortable furniture on which You can relax. For greater comfort, it is better to carry out the main and decorative backlight.
For an open kitchen project, it’s best to ensure that all lighting fixtures, preferably, were IP68 protected. In that case you don’t have to worry about any elements damaged by rainwater.
Do not approach the project of summer kitchen everyday. Let her in in a way, it’s a design decision. After all, she will serve not only a place of eating, but also a recreation area with relatives and friends.
- children’s swing for summer cottage;
- do-it-yourself landscaping of the site.
Summer kitchen on the veranda
Closed kitchen with panoramic glazing
With outdoor fireplace
With a bar counter
Spacious functional kitchen
Open octagonal design
Under a canopy pergola
Summer kitchen without a roof
Schemes and drawings
If you decide to make your own summer kitchen in the country, then, perhaps, drawings and diagrams of this structure will be useful to you:
Small summer drawing the kitchen
Barbecue kitchen drawing
Rectangular kitchen drawing
Summer cuisine Albatross
The layout of the summer kitchen
Summer bath project kitchen
Wireframe scheme constructions
Scheme of summer kitchen with a garage
Scheme with terrace
Terrace and BBQ