A graceful concrete tile walkway
Garden paths add to the site of well-groomed, elegant and nobility. In addition to purely practical functions, they carry and significant aesthetic value. On the one hand, combining everything buildings, paths form a common ensemble. On the other hand, they allow zoning the site, highlighting the functional areas: garden, flower garden, outbuildings, recreation area. With competent organization of garden tracks can correct some flaws and inaccuracies landscape design.
- Garden paths: we select material
- Garden Paths Using Forms: Benefits and Technology
A backlit tile path looks beautiful at night days
Stone garden path
When planning to build garden paths with your own hands, you should be sure to consider several factors:
- the material must withstand seasonal temperature fluctuations
- the track must be resistant to decay, corrosion, fungus and mold
- easy care
- planned load – it is important to consider for those cases when the track will cross (move) the car
- the track must be inclined to avoid congestion on rainwater canvas
Advice! On a small stretch of track should be straightforward – turns and bends optically add depth and space
Pebble and artificial stone garden path
Brick garden path
Garden paths: we select material
A variety of garden paths can be used to create a garden path. materials:
- natural stone – a material noble, status and very expensive. But the track will turn out “eternal” due to the strength material
Garden path made of natural stone
Incredible pebble track in various shades and sizes.
- artificial stone – perfectly conveys the beauty, texture and aesthetics of natural stone, but much cheaper and easier to styling
Spectacular, solid stone path in front of the mansion
Artificial stone garden path
- brick – special clinker (road), ordinary red or silicate (white) will not work, will quickly decay in грунте
Дорожка из кирпича — красиво, но недолговечно
Brick garden path
- paving slabs – durable, frost-resistant, durable. it A popular option with a variety of textures, colors and shapes, allowing you to show imagination. It can be stacked like a mosaic, getting patterns and even drawings on the track
Paving slabs – ideal material for a garden path
Pavement garden walkway
- bulk path – for this, gravel, pebbles, gravel, sand and even wood chips. This will require a large amount consumable, because it gives significant shrinkage over time. This option is hardly suitable for the central alley, “soft” the bulk path will fit into the wild, between flower beds and beds, at pond
The bulk path looks great in a garden landscape
Gravel bulk path with wooden elements
Fine gravel fill path
Bulk path with concrete elements for easy movement
- wooden garden paths – an affordable and simple option, but with this is very short-lived. It is optimal for these purposes to use larch – from moisture over time it becomes stronger, it longer than other trees maintains the integrity of the structure. Canvas paths can be made of boards or logs, but especially picturesque and the track from wooden saw cuts (round circles) looks cozy – their The patterned texture looks especially impressive. Practical an alternative to wooden saws can be their concrete imitation
Wooden garden path
Wooden garden path
- concrete path – you can pour concrete with your own hands, or уложить готовые бетонные плиты
Оригинальна бетонная дорожка
garden parquet – decking, plastic walkway, on the surface the substrate is fixed to wooden plates, so outwardly it It looks like a wooden one. Plastic track holds well the original form, does not curl, does not swell, accumulating water, resistant to the external environment, does not grow moldy and does not rot. It’s easy for her to take care of – it is enough just to hose out.
Garden path from garden parquet
The path from the garden floor looks pretty solid
For very rough terrain and also for places where they go not too often, a path of separate (single) stones will do. In addition, this option is suitable for cases where the track is very long – to cover it with a continuous canvas, it will be required significant costs. Such a track is invisible, but very decorative, in good harmony with the lawn.
It’s true that she’s not finally lost in the grass, “stones” (common name, it can be tiles, tree cuts or separately, specially poured from concrete, stone) must be done wide enough. The distance between the individual stones is 50-60 cm (средняя длина шага при спокойной прогулке).
Садовая дорожка из камня
The spectacular track of single stones
A significant element of the garden path is the curb, which is often stays in some shadow. On the one hand, it attaches to the paving zone completeness, attractively and stylishly complements the coating material tracks. But much more important is its practical significance – it strengthens and helps maintain track shape.
Garden path on the site, lined with do-it-yourself paving slabs, experiences the greatest load in the fall / spring – in seams that inevitably remain when laying tiles, moisture gets in and dirt. Expanding during freezing, it widens the gaps – without the curb the track’s cloth will simply “disperse”, and the tile will collapse. In addition, it helps evenly throughout the area. canvas, split the load and protects the track from overgrowing by plants.
The border restrains the shape of the track and visually gives it completeness
And, of course, you can’t do without a border if you make garden do-it-yourself paths made of bulk material – pebbles, gravel or just sand. In this case, he, as a limiter, simply will not give crumble the track material in different directions.
The curb is an important element of the track that keeps it from spillage
Garden Paths Using Forms: Benefits and Technology
Recently popular solution – forms for garden do-it-yourself tracks that allow you to get a canvas that mimics tile (stone). Most often, these are special plastic forms (although if desired, can be made independently), representing several cells of arbitrary shape and connected together. They form a certain pattern, while the shape is constructed in such a way which allows you to join the plates in any direction, receive tracks of the required width, as well as perform turns (bends), while the joints are obtained absolutely indistinguishable.
DIY garden path
Making garden paths with your own hands using forms has number of advantages:
- visual appeal – separate (mosaic) blocks They look more attractive than a monolith concrete screed. Additionally, concrete can be painted using special dyes, and also add pebbles or pieces of tile, granite, etc.
- reliability – making the coating yourself, you can be completely confident in its quality
- relative cheapness – if we compare the total costs, then DIY concrete garden walkway made with формы, обойдется дешевле, чем укладка плитки или гальки
Процесс изготовления садовой дорожки с помощью формы
An important factor that attracts summer residents is simplicity. laying, it’s easier to fill such a path than laying tiles, that’s enough minimum knowledge in construction:
- remove the turf along the planned track width, as well as the top layer land to a depth of 10-15 cm
- to protect the bottom of the received “trough” from weeds, roofing material (only) is stacked or folded 2 times geotextile
- make a pillow of broken brick, gravel, gravel or sand
DIY garden path
Advice! Sand before concrete pouring the pillow must be spilled liberally with water. Thanks to this sand compacts, and when laying the “cement milk” will not go into the ground and concrete will not lose strength
- after pouring concrete mixture, the form is set (recessed) into fresh concrete, dividing it into parts (blocks), repeating pattern. After partial hardening, the mold can be take off
- so that concrete has a more natural look – stone or flagstone, first smooth its surface, and then create protrusions and hollows using a small trowel
- the next day (concrete has already set, but still remains loose enough) the grooves are filled with a solution – colored or white.
Advice! Color pigment is better to add directly into the solution, than to paint the concrete surface – in In this case, the color will be more stable and more durable.