Table of contents:
- 1 Tools
- 2 Dimensions and brazier kit
- 3 Preparatory operations
- 4 Assembly steps
- 5 videos
Cooking a quality barbecue is impossible without special devices made in the form of a brazier and called by the people braziers. Especially popular among lovers of barbecue meat prefabricated type as they are easy to dismantle and can transported unassembled in the trunk of a car. In this In the article we will look at how to properly make a collapsible barbecue hands.
When making a folding brazier, you will need to consider the following requirements for products of this kind:
- compactness thanks to what it will be possible to move it from a place in place;
- ease of manufacture, that is, the ability to do with assembly without expensive molding and rifling equipment;
- versatility that allows you to use the grill in camping conditions;
- reliability regarding fire safety.
For the manufacture of a brazier, a typical set of workers will be required tools always available to any household men. This set should include the following items:
- electric jigsaw with metal sheets;
- “grinder” with a set of discs (cutting wheels);
- powerful scissors for metal;
- electric drill with a set of drills;
- welding machine of any type;
- measuring and marking tool;
- set of threaded dies.
Dimensions and brazier kit
When choosing the dimensions of the future device are usually taken into account characteristics such as the maximum number of skewers, which is planned to be placed simultaneously, as well as dimensions trunk of your car.
Its width is selected, as a rule, taking into account the size available in at your disposal skewers. As for the height of the roasting pan, it should be selected based on the possibility of obtaining temperature, sufficient for roasting meat (usually this value is selected in range 150-160 mm).
As an example, consider a typical brazier with the following parameters:
- width – 350 mm (under a skewer 400 mm long);
- length – 650 mm based on the use of 6 skewers;
- barbecue wall height – 150 mm (including grate 20 mm);
- the length of each of the 4 legs is 600 mm.
The grill should include the following elements:
- Corner frame with fixing tubes.
- Legs – 4 pieces.
- The bottom is made of steel sheet.
- Two longitudinal sides.
- Side walls.
In addition, to assemble the structure you will need standard fasteners, such as bolts, nuts and washers (simple and engraving).
Beautiful team barbecue
First of all, a stand is prepared in the form of a frame, on which will later be attached to the barbecue frame and its legs. It is made from blanks of a steel corner of a certain sizes that (after cutting them to the size of the barbecue) welded into a rectangular structure – a frame that is the basis of the future brazier.
Then, along the inner edge of the corner (along the edges of the frame) are welded pipe segments with a diameter of about 17 mm used as supports for barbecue legs. To make the legs themselves, you can use tube blanks with a diameter of about 20 mm. The frypot bottom is running from a rectangular steel sheet 3 mm thick, in which with holes are drilled with an electric drill, providing air circulation in the heating zone.
For the manufacture of the sides should use sheet metal with wall thickness from 1.5 to 2 mm. After marking the side blanks according to the size of the base and their cutting with a grinder, it will be possible to go to preparing seats. For this, holes are prepared in points of their attachment to the base, as well as in those places where the side the walls are connected to one another.
It’s easiest to organize grate production with using a welding machine. For this you will need to prepare not very thick reinforcing bars and cut them into a grinder the size of the bottom of the grate. To get the bottom of the grate chamber, these the rods are simply welded in the form of a lattice.
Consider the general assembly order of a folding brazier:
- First of all, the previously prepared frame is bolted appropriate size with base. To get reliable connections when installing bolts, it is advisable to use washers engraver.
- After that, on the basis of the barbecue, you can mount the legs. For their arrangement on previously prepared pipe supports with a diameter 17 mm “put on” pieces of pipe of larger diameter.
- Then we attach the sides and fix them on the base and between by using the same bolted connections.
- To increase the strength of the resulting structure is recommended additionally fasten the walls with the help of longitudinal knitting needles, which then tightened with lamb nuts.
- In the end, you just have to lay on the bottom of the structure finished grate.
Now you can safely gather with friends in nature, taking with him a disassembled barbecue design, a couple of kilograms pickled meat and charcoal. If you made a barbecue to others way, share your experience with our readers, leaving comments on the article.
We offer you to watch a video about the method of manufacturing simple design of a precast grill.