Table of contents:
- 1 Advantages and disadvantages
- 1.1 Video
- 2 How to build
- 3 Care
- 4 How to decorate
- 5 Heating
- 6 videos
- 7 Photos
Building a pool is not an easy thing, especially if This is a concrete pool. However, with certain skills in construction work, as well as remarkable patience, can be created on your site is a relaxation corner. In hot weather, the pool will become a place for relaxation and at the same time beautify the appearance of the site. The pool will look great next to the alpine rock garden slide and other decorative elements of the garden. In this article we We will tell you how to make a concrete pool with your own hands in the country, give step-by-step instructions, as well as video and photo materials.
Advantages and disadvantages
Pros and cons
Before you build a concrete pool, you need to know in advance about its pros and cons. The main advantage of this design is that it is durable and inexpensive. For construction, only concrete, waterproofing materials and finishes.
The lack of concrete structure in its static. Such a pool cannot be transferred. And if during the construction mistakes are made, you will have to rebuild the pool completely.
General information about concrete pools in video format:
How to build
A concrete pool is built in several stages:
- First you need to choose the best place on the site. Pool not should be located where leaves and branches fall. Otherwise his have to constantly clean. It’s also better not to let him was in the shade. The design is desirable to put closer to communication systems, because the pool needs water, as well as a drain.
- When a place is chosen, it is necessary to think over all the details of the construction. The first thing to decide is the future size and shape pool. The easiest way is to make it round or rectangular. However in some cases, masters create more complex forms. By it should be approximately 15 to 20 square meters in size. Make it less than 15 square meters. meters in area is meaningless.
- After the plan of the pool is made, it is necessary to mark the place and set pegs around the edges.
- The next stage is continuous excavation. If there is opportunity, it’s better to bring in a technique here. Using an excavator it is much easier to dig a pit 2 meters deep. It is possible, however, make depth and smaller. However, keep in mind that the pool should have a water level of about one and a half meters. But still below waterproofing and concrete will be located. Rent price excavator will cost the same as the cost of the brigade diggers. In this case, with the help of technology, work will advance much faster.
- When the pit is ready, you need to pour sand to the bottom and tamp his.
- A waterproofing layer is laid on the sand. Usually it consists from roofing material and mastic. However, the master may use other materials. It is important to make sure that the waterproofing is slightly blocked the walls. This will make the pool more durable.
- Formwork The next step is formwork. Between formwork and edges must be filled with hydro concrete. When it freezes formwork can be removed. By the way, when digging a pit, you must remember that the size of the pit and the pool will vary. On each side make an allowance. The walls of the pit are best done a little under bias.
- After removing the formwork, the pool is not yet ready. Need to hold ironing the walls and pouring the floor in the pool. Ironing is done using a solution of concrete. The floor in the pool is poured after that also concrete. For extra strength it can reinforce.
When all the work described above has been completed, the pool theoretically ready. However, do not forget that he needs a system plum, as well as decorative finishes.
The water pumping system should be thought out already when formwork is installed.
Making a water pumping system is easy. At the design stage should also consider the ladder.
The pool is polluted and may even bloom. To prevent flowering, you can use special compounds. Cleaning a pool is required at least once a week. However, during installation skimmer system can reduce such procedures to times in year.
The best option for cleaning the pool is a skimmer system.
The skimmer system is designed so that cleaning takes place on its own. At the same time, the water in the pool does not even have to be changed. Another device – overflow system. Usually it is not used in private pools because it is very expensive. However it is possible try to do it yourself.
Water pumping system
To prevent leaves and debris from entering the pool, it can be protected with using a special dome. Such sheds today have become very popular. In appearance, they resemble greenhouses.
Pool cleaners can be found in special stores that have everything you need for ponds and similar systems.
How to decorate
The pool can be decorated and ennobled in different ways. First first of all, it is necessary to trim its edges. To do this, lay out the tiles or other material. Someone prefers to make a circular track from a natural stone.
The pool itself can be made simply fabulous, especially at night time. To do this, just install special underwater LED flashlights. Such lamps can shine and sparkle, and can create a quiet glow.
Around the pool, you can also set the backlight. It will do the landscape of the site is more expressive and will give it additional charm. Having built a concrete pool, it would be simply unacceptable leave it in the form of a stone bag. Arrangement of a recreation corner just a must. If the construction of a concrete pool is hard work, then all other work should only bring pleasure. Installation of various systems, such as additional lighting, water heating functions or decoration of the sides will not take away a lot of time. If desired, next to the pool you can even install fountain.
The pool is heated using a boiler. On the In the West, even in warm countries, it is established in the mandatory okay.
In the Russian climate, installation of a heating system pool is a must, especially if you plan to use pool in the cool season.
With its help, it becomes possible to adjust the temperature of the water. The optimum temperature should be at 26 degrees. System heating works on electricity, when it comes to external pools. In buildings, gas boilers can also be installed.
To get acquainted with the process of building a concrete pool as well you can by watching the following video: