White quartzite or sandstone very refresh the interior of the living room. This cladding looks best on load-bearing walls and above fireplaces
The use of masonry in the design of living space long ceased to be a gimmick. Decorative stone in the interior on Today, many designers liked it. rated the positive aspects of this natural material. So, let’s find out how to include decorative stone in the interior, Does this decoration material have whims and in what styles Interior, it looks the most organically.
- The positive aspects of decorative stone
- What to consider when decorating a room a stone?
- Decorative stone in the interior: how to choose a finish for selected style
Wild stone in wall decoration and green Chesterfield – классические вещи, стильно дополняющие современный интерьер
White quartzite fireplace portal
The positive aspects of decorative stone
In terms of interior decoration, this material Compared with others – one of the most practical.
- First of all, it is environmentally friendly and hygienic – as mold or any another dangerous fungus, finishing from this material can be applied even in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
- The material is famous for its durability and strength.
- Decorative stone is unpretentious regarding cleaning – its simply wipe periodically with a damp cloth or soft brush. Better to abandon the idea of using hard abrasive products and metal mesh. Also this finishing material can even be vacuumed.
Beautiful welcome from upscale interior designers: interior decoration of the walls of ancient buildings wild, or with rocky texture, stone
- Decorative stone is a non-combustible material, which makes it fire resistant. The same feature is key in relation to the choice of this material as a facing of fireplaces.
- It is well suited for the refinement of interior decorative reservoirs.
- Decorative stone gets along well with most others materials – from wood and flooring to glossy metal and glass.
- It can have any surface – both matte and glossy. The same applies to the invoice: at the request of the customer, you can choose rough or smooth stone.
Vertically laid honey-colored quartzite tiles
- The richness of colors and patterns makes it possible to design a room so that it had no analogues, and was completely unique.
- Thanks to modern technology, decorative stone is no longer is a heavy material that can deform or even to destroy walls.
So, the use of natural decorative stone in the interior has a number of undeniable advantages that make him a welcome guest in almost any room.
Stone imitating antique masonry is also relatively a budget way to give the room an individual charm
In this cozy two-level apartment, one of the walls is covered with white pebbles. This was done literally piece by piece and took three weeks. Idea: architectural bureau FORM, Kiev
What to consider when decorating a room a stone?
The basic principle to consider when finishing apartments by stone is a healthy sense of proportion. If you give yourself free rein, and to decorate all the walls in the dwelling from floor to ceiling with masonry, You can get the exact opposite effect: instead of comfort you will then receive a cave or crypt, staying in which will bring cold and oppressive thoughts.
Mediterranean style wall and arch interior the portal
Modern decorative artificial stone is quite light, and the weight of such finishes is within the scope of suitable for use in prefabricated apartment buildings
Therefore, when using stone in the design of living space you need to soberly assess the area of the room, the height of the ceilings, the degree natural light, on which side of the world its windows look and whether they exist here at all, and also – in what style is made the room.
Due to the fact that most apartments can not boast spacious rooms and high ceilings, decorative stone it is better to use when decorating cottages and private houses. If a but you still want to bring to the appearance of your apartment (let even small) note of monumentality and at the same time comfort, with a competent approach, masonry can be used and here. Here are some examples of its use in a typical urban apartment:
- You can use this type of material for zoning rooms. IN in particular, if your apartment is made in the spirit of the studio, there is the ability to visually separate the living room and kitchen space. You can also do when zoning the cabinet and space for recreation.
- If the apartment is two-level, you can use masonry near the stairs.
- Using a stone, you can decorate one of the walls of the hallway or hall, and also lay out with this material interior arches.
Mediterranean-style country house living room
- Natural stone can be used in the kitchen, replacing it familiar apron made of tiles.
- Of course, examples of the use of this decorative material can be listed ad infinitum.
This type of decorative stone requires a flat surface, and one of the easiest ways to stack it – on drywall sheets on crate made of metal profiles
Tip: the darker your apartment, the less masonry worth using. If you still want to do this, it is better to give preference to a light stone with a porous structure.
Imitation of masonry painted white in modern model apartment
Quartzite, dolomite, and, of course, popular sandstone, are good for interior decoration in the interior of a private house
Decorative stone in the interior: how to choose a finish for selected style
There are not many materials like stone, which so organically fit into the look of the room, outside depending on the style of their design. This is due to the fact that natural materials will be welcome even in the most glass-metal interiors such as hi-tech or techno.
Honeycomb porch sandstone terrace
- Minimalism. Since issued in this vein the room is completely devoid of decor and extra details, stone accents it becomes an original way of attracting attention. Entirely masonry walls in this style are large rarity, however, its use for zoning meets quite often. Perhaps deliberately textured options stone in this case will not look the best way, then how smooth semi-gloss plain plates come in handy. It can be beige sandstone, dark gray shungite, gray pink slate.
Exclusive bathroom design with blue wall cladding granite
- Loft. This is one of the styles most friendly with decorative stone. And although in its original form loft rooms provide for simple brickwork, you can replace it gray breccia or light brown stone trim limestone.
Wall decoration in the bathroom with rusty slate tiles
- Classic and neoclassical. These directions use stone in all its diversity – from perfectly smooth marble to its textured and uneven counterparts.
Decorative thin-walled tiles are good for decoration fake fireplaces. The most interesting will be a set of tiles different sizes and colors, as perfect accuracy is not here need
- Castle style. It is great for cottages, but in an apartment it is better to refuse its use. In combination with forged metal elements (stairs, fireplace bars, candelabra) and plenty of wood (furniture, floors, ceiling beams) masonry in this style looks powerful and monumental. It should include pebbles of different sizes, between which the grout must externally stand out. Light shades dolomite and warm tones of sandstone will look organically and comfortable.
Boulders, pebbles and wild stone in the design of the portal of traditional fireplace
Country-style allows some variety in the choice of stone. An imitation of an old blocky will organically look here. masonry
- High tech. Despite all his urbanism, this style welcomes stone wall cladding, because it is she able to once again emphasize the spectacular proximity of the metal and glass.
Облицованные мелко нарезанным камнем стены винного погребасовременного загородного дома. Такой способ нарезки камня на сленгепрофессионалов называется “лапша”
Artificial stone can sometimes not be distinguished from natural, derived from rocks. This is also ensured. the presence in its composition of natural mineral pigments and crumbs
Decorative stone – a material that opens up for imagination Designer’s boundless open spaces. Spectacular appearance, practicality and reliability, environmental friendliness and hygiene – all this makes it possible to use the stone in its entirety.
Потрясающий, дышащий свежестью, интерьер с мебелью от B&BItalia (Bend Sofa – Patricia Urquiola, Piccola Papilio Chair – Naoto Fukasawa) and fully covered with decorative stone стенами