Green curtains contrast in the bright kitchen
The final touch to creating a kitchen interior – decoration window opening. Since the problem is most modern standard kitchens – this is limited in area, despite a variety of kitchen curtains, most often kitchen curtains become a non-alternative solution. On the one hand, helping to realize design ideas, they do not “steal” space, but with another – they add homework and comfort to the room.
- Beautiful curtains in the kitchen: material, color, length
- Short curtains in the kitchen: what advantage
- Design curtains in the kitchen: choose fastenings
Roman curtain with a blue pattern in the kitchen
Beautiful elegant curtains in the kitchen
Curtains with lambrequins in the kitchen – beautiful and elegant
The combination of three different types of curtains in the kitchen is fresh and original
Beautiful curtains in the kitchen: material, color, length
The main factor determining the choice of material for curtains on kitchen, favors practicality and wear resistance. Soot, various smells, drops of fat – these are mandatory and inevitable components kitchen atmosphere, settling and accumulating on the curtains. therefore choose a material that is easy to wash, does not fade, and, in addition to Moreover, it is resistant to ultraviolet, does not fade under sunlight. Simple natural fabrics optimally meet these requirements. (cotton, linen) with a small addition of synthetics, which increases their wear resistance.
Other popular materials include chiffon, polyester, organza or viscose. To simplify care and extend your life, modern curtains in the kitchen are treated with special impregnations and coatings – due to dielectric properties, they prevent the accumulation of dust, do not absorb fat. Such curtains are easier wash, iron, they are protected from premature burnout.
Minimalism white curtains in the kitchen
When choosing curtains for a small kitchen, you should consider the possibility visual expansion of space. Therefore, you should choose light-colored material, while dark and contrasting the curtains “absorb” the space, creating a feeling of crampedness.
A fabric with a large pattern will not work for a small kitchen – it it will visually “compress” the space, it is better to select textiles with medium-sized pattern or with stripes. In this case, vertical stripes on curtains visually increase the horizon of the ceiling, horizontal – visually expand the kitchen. Another optical correction method kitchen spaces – choose curtains that match the color of wallpaper.
Advice! To create a holistic color space, the tone of the curtains should overlap (match) other textile elements in the interior – with the color of the tablecloth, upholstery or just tacks for hot.
A small window is best designed with an airy translucent light tulle (curtains) – it will optically increase the window and will let through enough light.
When choosing the color of the curtains, psychological factor:
- red, orange and yellow gamma stimulates the nervous system and the work of organs, awakening appetite. Their activity can adjust by adding shades of brown or white
- gray, blue and green suppress appetite
- green is the most attractive option for the kitchen, it relaxes, creating a feeling of harmony, comfort and tranquility
A combination of Roman yellow curtains and chiffon blue curtains gives the kitchen a light romantic spirit
Advice! For decorating curtains You can use lace, embroidery, fringe, beads and various beads. For light tissues, grabs are sure to be useful to the curtains were not blown by the wind.
The choice of length is largely determined by the arrangement of furniture. If to the window has a free approach, then you can choose long curtains, in floor. Otherwise, if there is a table by the window (any other furniture), then short curtains would be preferable. Moreover, other factors should be considered:
- if the curtains are located in the immediate vicinity of the stove, then light, long drop-down curtain, even under a slight breeze the wind may ignite on fire
- the length of the curtain should provide free access to the window – it should open easily
- for the kitchen with a balcony an asymmetric option is suitable – near the door will look good with a long curtain, and from the side of the window – short, up to the windowsill
Black contrasting curtains in the kitchen
Short kitchen curtains: what are the benefits
Short curtains for the kitchen, completely coping with your functional purpose – blocking and regulation light intensity, privacy protection and decorative attractiveness, have a number of practical advantages, if Compare them with long curtains:
- occupying a minimum of space, they allow you to use windowsill as an additional working plane, which is very important for small kitchens
A light curtain allows enough access to the kitchen sunshine
- window decoration with short curtains makes the room visually more spacious and airy
- small panels, even very bright colors, optically more comfortable – do not strain your eyes
- it’s easier to care for them – they are easy to remove / hang, clean, wash, iron
Beautiful vintage curtains with lace
- short curtains due to small cuts of fabric allow the possibility of color experiments, in which case they can act as a color accent in the interior. Even the experiment will fail, they are easy to replace and it’s not much affect the budget
- even if the curtains are fully deployed, they will not create barriers to access the window
- such curtains are suitable for designing a window + balcony block Door”
- short curtains are easy to make on your own
If the kitchen furniture is located under the window – give preference for short curtains
Short curtain with a bright pattern in the kitchen
Lacquered tulle lace curtain
An original combination of tulle curtains and bamboo curtains on the kitchen
Design of curtains in the kitchen: choose fasteners
Creating curtains in the kitchen with your own hands, special attention will require a choice of fasteners so that they do not spoil the material, allow easy to take off the canvas and had an attractive look, matching general stylistic decision. There may be several options:
- clips are the fastest and easiest way to hang curtains, but There is one significant limitation. They categorically do not fit for thin tissues – they will spoil and tear with teeth matter
It is advisable to hang on the clamps only light air the curtains
- eyelets – rings sewn directly into the fabric and worn to the eaves pipe. Their production will take enough time, which fully compensated in the future by the ease of removing curtains
Kitchen Curtains on Eyelets
- Velcro tape – convenient for attaching light lines curtains
Curtains in the kitchen-living room are fixed with Velcro tape
- A curtain tape is an easy and convenient way to fasten a curtain. Stitched curtains and curtains make it possible to pick up curtain fabric, form frills, drapes, drape fabrics and even compose several types of different fabrics to get multilayer curtains. Using hooks curtain tape clings to a string or a modern cornice
A delicate curtain is picked up with a curtain tape
- loops, bows – made of the same fabric as the curtain. With this method, to make the curtain look spectacular on the kitchen, crochet special loops to which the bow is attached. An interesting effect can be obtained using contrasting shades. curtains and bows
Vibrant, springtime floral curtains decorate the kitchen
- tie – they are sewn to the curtains, if necessary fabric collected and tied up, thereby opening a window to skip enough light
Bow ties are not only a functional part, but also cute kitchen decoration
Advice! The curtain rod should always match the chosen decor style. If you pick it’s problematic, you can just hide it – under a wide frill or lambrequin.