- Species diversity
- Growing cineraria from seeds
- Basic care conditions
Cineraria is a real find for flower lovers households. The variety of its decorative varieties gives its magnificence to any garden or home, while delivering a minimum of care care.
Fabulously beautiful flower bed with cineraria of different colors
Cineraria – a very spectacular decorative flower
Despite some moodiness, the flower of cineraria is used in lovers of decorative flora are quite popular. A variety of species allows each grower to choose a plant to your liking. For indoor cultivation, brightly copious flowering plants, for landscape design preference is given to deciduous species with a mass unusual looking leaves. Looks spectacular completely blooming cineraria – the color of the petals is very saturated, flowers make up a dense cap of a large area.
Cineraria Venice F1
White cineraria flowers with contrasting tips look awesome
Among the annual ornamental plants, this genus is different a large number of species. However, we often use only some of them possessing the most original appearance. But even on this short list there are plants, completely different from each other.
- Perhaps the most decorative of all types for open ground – seaside cineraria. This Mediterranean is perfect suitable for decorating borders, as a background plant thanks to the original white-silver coloring of cirrus leaves, for which it is also called silver cineraria. Pubescent records irregular shapes create a beautiful carpet, on the background which looks advantageous juicy greens and bright flowers of others inhabitants of flower beds, rabatok and lawns.
Bright flowers look very impressive on a silver background leaves
The seaside cineraria has original leaves of white-silver color
The silver color of the seaside cineraria looks very harmonious on the background of bright greenery
Advice! To achieve maximum decorative effect planting silver cineraria produced continuous tape. Spherical bushes form a beautiful roller, with which you can frame any floral arrangement.
- Colorful caps of small flowers of saturated colors gives indoor or bloody cineraria, originally from the Canary Islands. Her can be grown in pots, and also planted in open ground. Inflorescences persist for a very long time, giving the plant an elegant look. The color of the petals in different varieties is a wide palette – from pink to purple and blue shades.
White petals with lilac tips just look irresistibly
Cute flowers of cineraria in a pleasant blue color
Colorfully beautiful small flowers of indoor cineraria
The indoor cineraria has a huge amount of amazing hybrid varieties
Indoor cineraria with other flowers looks simple sumptuously
- South Africa also presented florists with a representative of this vast genus – elegant cineraria. it the most unpretentious plant is only slightly inferior to its relatives in decorativeness, but the simplicity of its cultivation and very long flowering makes it popular with home lovers and garden flora.
Elegant cineraria – a very unpretentious and beautiful plant
The contrast and variety of shades of cineraria does not stop surprise
Growing cineraria from seeds
As practice shows, it is best to grow these plants through seedlings. In the garden, it’s almost impossible to create the necessary conditions. Only Cineraria can be sown directly in open ground graceful – its unpretentiousness to growth conditions allows the use of such agricultural technology. Young shoots are very tender and need to be protect as much as possible from weather troubles, so the easiest way grow these flowers using the seedling method.
Since cineraria seeds are very small, they do not require incorporation into soil when sowing. Just lay them out on a moistened surface. soil, lightly tamp and cover the vessel with seeded seeds film or glass. Having a fairly high viability, they will give sprouts about 10-14 days.
A pick is made when the sprouts take out 2 real sheet. The delicate root system is quite poorly tolerated. damage, so you need to transplant seedlings with a lump of earth, which will keep the roots and provide quick rooting on a new location.
Transplantation of cineraria
Sowing cineraria for seedlings and transferring to a permanent place habitat is carried out at different times, depending on its grades:
- seaside – sowing in March, planting – at the end May
- indoor – sowing in December, planting in 8-9 months;
- graceful – sowing in early April, planting – in mid-May.
Indoor cineraria grows in a very dense bush
There are two ways that cineraria propagates – from seeds. and vegetatively. Cuttings root in a greenhouse or under individual shelters, for which you can use plastic бутылки, обрезанные на нужную высоту.
Потрясающий гибридный сорт комнатной цинерарии с закрученнымиthe petals
It is not surprising that among the favorites of gardeners of different directions one of the leading places is precisely cineraria – planting and caring for She does not require special skills. It is only necessary to create the necessary conditions, and the flower will thank the splendor of its external kind of.
Young growth of cineraria is very tender
Bred and hardened plants are planted in open ground, when the threat of cold snap passes. Seedlings of Cineraria, like adult plants, does not tolerate heat, so you need to choose the place is sufficiently lit, but not falling under direct rays of the midday sun. Most suitable for this eastern and western orientation of directions.
Beautiful lawn made of purple cineraria
A delightful flower bed of cineraria of different colors and shades
To make cineraria at home feel the most comfortable, flowerpots need to be placed on windows darkened by lungs curtains. In the initial stage of development of plants need regular watering. When the peduncle laying occurs and in subsequent flowering time, the need for moisture is reduced.
Lighting should be intense enough, but not burning
Cineraria looks harmonious with other colors
Indoor cineraria will fit perfectly into your interior at home
Basic care conditions
- Soil – soil for cineraria should be light and nutritious enough. Plants are quite unpretentious, therefore You can use the usual mixture for decorative crops.
- Temperature – coming from the coastal southern regions, the flower does not like sharp temperature fluctuations. Optimal for him will be the average mode – about 20 degrees. IN in hot conditions there is a noticeable reduction in duration flowering. The plant retains its flowers for the longest time a temperature of 15-18 degrees.
- Humidity – unpretentiousness of these bushes are mainly expressed in good drought tolerance. They are easily tolerate low humidity, just water them in aisles, dispensing without spraying and rubbing the leaves.
- Watering – water is used warm and after quite a long upholding. When watering, you need to monitor so that there is no wetting of the greens, as well as stagnation of water in soil – this can cause disease and death of the plant.
For cineraria to retain its beauty longer, you need to create conditions necessary for her
- Lighting should be enough intense, but not burning. Soft diffused light of western and eastern slopes and windows – the best option.
- Feeding – produced during the formation period plants. Nitrogen fertilization can be done once up to the beginning of budding, at a later date the plant undemanding to soil nutrition.
- Pruning – to prolong flowering, you need to delete dried flower stalks, while silvery cineraria still has to get rid of them before flowering, because its flowers are inconspicuous and only spoil decorative appearance of plants.
- Diseases are the largest plants of this genus. susceptible to various types of rot, which occurs when the violation humidity conditions. In addition, they can be affected by pests – aphids, spider mites, whiteflies.
- Treatment – diseases of this kind of plants easier to warn than to cure. To combat powdery mildew and antifungal drugs (fungicides) are used by rust. The destruction of parasites is carried out using systemic insecticides.
Bouquets from cineraria look very impressive
All these solutions are commercially available ready-made and packaged in spray bottles with which spraying plants is done. Since landing cineraria carried out only for one season, it is enough to bring back to normal conditions of its maintenance to allow the plant to finish flowering and after it, simply remove it from the flowerbed or from the flowerpot.
Wonderful bouquet of indoor cineraria
White cineraria looks very noble
Viola – a very beautiful and bright variety of cineraria
The choice for your garden or windowsill this bright a memorable plant will help you achieve magnificent the result – because its decorative properties are fully deserve all the effort you put into growing and flower care time.
Cineraria – video
Cineraria – photo