Fragrant Monkey Tree Lush Inflorescence
In nature, catalpa grows in North America, China, Japan. In the summer, her mysterious crown is always complemented by white inflorescences having a pleasant aroma. She represents evergreen plant, whose height is about 5-6 m, however, individuals grow up to 35 m in nature. Its second name is monkey tree. It was obtained in view of a special type of flowering, remotely similar to the tails of monkeys hiding among branches.
- general description
- Varieties and varieties
- Propagation Features
- Chemical composition
- Beneficial features
- Landing Features
- Care Rules
- Pests and diseases
Spreading crown will be an excellent canopy on hot days
The flowers look very much like chestnut inflorescences.
From a five-year period, the tree begins the process of flowering. This usually happens in the month of June, when it has already become warmer. By the structure of the flower is somewhat reminiscent of a chestnut, but has a larger the size.
Design option for a decorative fence
Varieties and varieties
The genus contains as many as 11 varieties, 4 of which cultivated in our geographical latitudes. Leaf length is about 20 cm, but there are exceptions. Main varieties catalps:
- AUREA – heart-shaped leaves with a velvety surface;
AUREA with snow-white flowers
The variety is perfect for landscaping
- NANA is a small tree 4-6 m tall. Main difference consists in a dense crown of spherical type;
- KENE is a leaf culture that has a yellowish edging and green central part.
Among the basic types of culture, several popular:
- Bignoniaceae – have attractive pyramidal crown growing up to 30 m. Length leaf plates – 30 cm, width – 15 cm. Since the beginning of summer occurs blooming cream flowers, and the petals are wavy, covered stripes of yellow.
- Spherical has a special trunk, covered attractive bark. There is a special elevation above it, having the shape of a dense ball of green, and the surface is smooth. On the the back side has a white pile with a short length. In June you can see original flowers reaching a length of 5 cm.
- Beautiful is another common culture having good adaptability even to severe frosts. it tree of decorative type, growing in 35 m. It has a strong trunk frame, giving it a monumental and powerful appearance.
Some varieties are resistant to frost.
Small tree with spherical crown
- Magnificent – a variety capable of reaching 30 meters in height, has a deciduous structure. It features large leaves and elongated petioles. The size of inflorescences is 7 cm, they have cream shade and purple areas around the perimeter.
- Ordinary – with a direct type of shoots. Also her a distinctive feature is the multiple landscaping. The tree can be up to 8 meters high, flowering is carried out on over a three-week period. Seed collection is made in spring and autumn.
English style landscaping
Propagation of this plant is carried out vegetatively and seed way. Each of the methods allows you to get a good result, so gardeners are based on personal preferences, making your choice.
Ripe fruits are cut, seeds are extracted from them and stored in a bag of paper for three years. When reproduction occurs, containers equipped with loose soil. At the end of winter, the seeds are soaked and deepened in the ground. Then the container is covered with a transparent lid and transferred to lighted room. Young plants need regular water and ventilate.
At the end of summer, from the shoots that managed to ripen, summer residents Cutting cuttings of 10 cm. Processing cut through a special composition. Containers are equipped peaty soil and are kept outside in a place that is protected from drafts and precipitation. Rooting takes place over the course of a month, however, they are too weak for wintering. Therefore at winter time the period is worth leaving them indoors with a strictly positive temperature condition. In the fall, the seedlings will drop their leaves, and new ones will spring up.
- Before planting, seeds are soaked in warm water temperature for 8 hours.
Before planting, they must be soaked in water.
- Sowing is carried out in February, this is done in a special container with prepared soil.
- The room in which this workpiece is stored must be as dull as possible.
- For a high level of seed germination, the temperature should equal to 25 degrees.
- After the formation of seedlings, an open transplant takes place. the soil. Cutting Technology
- This type of work is traditionally carried out in the second half summers.
- Cuttings are cut from adult plants, length – 8 cm.
- Then they are planted in soil from sand and peat bog.
- Pruning is done in spring, while dry shoots are removed and thick areas.
The composition of the catalpa is not well understood. The bark is composed of tanning elements and special resins, they give it useful qualities. In the leaves, specialists found the presence of glycosides.
Seeds also have about 30% oil, rich in eleostearic acid. All these substances make up the culture. quite wealthy and it can have a complex effect on organism when used for therapeutic purposes.
This plant is used not only for decoration and landscaping of the infield, but also in medical purposes. In the seeds of a plant culture there is oil, which dries quickly enough. In this regard, it is used for manufacture of coatings. The bark of this tree in infusion or broth is a useful medicine for digestion, as well as with leaves and pods is widely used in a number of diseases:
- oncological tumor processes;
- diseases of a bronchial nature;
Bark extract used to treat
- in the treatment of jets, abscesses, inflammations;
- during the detection of herpes, acne and acne;
Nutrients of catalpa will help in the treatment of skin ailments
- in the treatment of diabetes;
Cultivation of decorative culture
Landing is carried out on a site that has good Lighting and protected from the wind. The plant must be planted on a depth of 1-1.2 m. For this, a special soil mixture of humus or leaf soil, peat and sand.
Before landing, the land is fertilize with wood ash and phosphate and then plentifully pour into a pit of water. Keep the soil neutral acidity level. If you ensure proper landing conditions, the plant will begin to bloom in the fifth year.
Landing pit must be deep
Young plants often suffer from frost. Therefore in the winter time is to wrap their trunks with spruce branches or burlap. Under the tree the ground should be covered with a thick leafy layer. Also in March the gardener should cut the branches that have managed to spoil.
Any garden requires timely weed removal
Care is to remove weeds in a timely manner, and also loosen the soil up to 30 cm. It is also worth abundantly watering the catalpa -once a week. For feeding country specialists traditionally apply rotted manure.
Pests and diseases
For a plant to please you with its flowering, you need proper care
Like any other plant culture, catalpa is not without diseases and wrecking by bark beetles and others microorganisms. The tree is generally resistant to disease, however a common damaging factor is the flypan. Eliminate this the disease can be sprayed with wood with special compounds “DECIS” and “KINMIX”.
If there are insects on the kidneys, the plant must be treated. insecticides until the kidneys bloom. Otherwise If there is a risk of deformation of the shoots. To avoid fungal infection, it is necessary to monitor the general condition of the soil. She must to be loose and loose.
Also a key requirement is the easy transmission of water. If a crop has encountered a fungus, this can provoke drying of the plant and even its death.
Kinmix will help in the fight against pests
Thus, the plant is not picky about external conditions and is not demanding in terms of care. Thanks to this, many summer residents with catalpa is planted with great pleasure. This is a great way. to ennoble the territory and create a wonderful green in the garden mood!