Conifers and shrubs are indispensable for landscaping and landscaping
Coniferous trees and shrubs are very popular in landscape landscaping, their photos are increasingly seen in magazines and websites, dedicated to landscape design. They are frost resistant decorative, hardy, unpretentious in care and differ variety of crown shapes.
- Conifers: how to place in the garden correctly
- All-round composition
- Design of a garden with conifers: how to choose neighbors
- Coniferous trees: design based on color compositions
Coniferous hedges look great and very functional
Gardeners love conifers and for their others Numerous advantages:
- many conifers tolerate the limited solar lighting, develop well in partial shade
- well developed coniferous root system allows them to be well tolerate a long time without watering, some types of plants grow well on stony soils. In addition, due to powerful and developed roots, they can be used to strengthen slopes
Coniferous trees and shrubs can cost a long time without watering
- most conifers tolerate a haircut, them (especially some varieties of thuja look attractive in this regard) use to get a variety of shapes that are often found in the photo of regular English gardens. And some varieties conifers by nature have a geometrically regular shape, therefore practically do not need care
Coniferous plants are a real art
- conifer – a source of healthy volatile, a walk in the garden with coniferous plantings beneficially affects both the physical and psychological state of a person
- conifers perfectly tolerate a smoky urban environment
- growing cones will attract birds to the garden, filling it with life and movement
Cones of coniferous plants contain a large amount of essential oils, and many types have medical value
But the main thing is what attracts conifers and shrubs, for which their “design loves” – with their green color they add variety and liveliness even in moody, gray and gloomy autumn-winter garden.
Conifers: how to place in the garden correctly
Forever green coniferous plant is perfect for planting on plot
Ephedra – universal plants, the abundance of forms and species allows use them in landscape compositions of different styles (confirmation of this you will find in our photos). In this case, the size the site will not become a problem – if there are enough conifers in nature tall, then decorative varieties and species used for landscaping sites rarely exceed 4 m in height. Design of alpine slides hard to imagine without stunted conifers and shrubs (dwarf pine Humpy, spruce Lobers, pine Mini Pug, some species of thuja, coniferous shrubs).
Careful preparation of the place where the plant will be planted is very important. His health depends on this, and, therefore, beauty the plot
The design of the plot can give the conifer a color function delimiter that will resist the merger of natural shades. Thus, conifers will help to complicate the color combination. garden, make it richer and deeper. Often undersized varieties of thuja with dark needles used as a border for the club, concluding the flowers inside are in a kind of green frame that Shades the vibrant colors of flowers. In the photo of gravel gardens conifers are present, while the stone can be replaced in places by cones or medium-sized chopped bark.
Хвойные деревья и кустарники удивительно гармонично приживаютсяamong other plants, significantly enriching their appearance
The coniferous mixborder can be placed against the background of the wall of the house, fence, hedges or along a walkway. The composition must be different (in height, color, shape) ornamental coniferous shrubs and trees. It should be observe the following rules:
- the highest species of conifers are placed on the edge of the composition, on in the background. As you approach the foot of the mixborder, landing height is reduced
- compliance with geometric accuracy of landings, from greater to less will be more of a disadvantage than dignity. Peaks in different rows should not form an even line, alternating medium and undersized varieties add naturalness composition
- respect for natural harmony – for large, tall plants the width of the plot should be greater than for undersized landings
- to make the composition more interesting, add rhythm to it, you can use repetition of 3-5 elements
Low-growing coniferous shrubs in combination with medium-sized, able to create an indescribable atmosphere of the Japanese garden
A special place among various hedges is occupied by coniferous
For zoning, designers often use conifers trees and shrubs. It turns out not just beautiful barriers (on photos they look like a monolithic wall), but at the same time – practically not passable, i.e. just the qualities that are required for fence perimeter fence. For this, conifers are planted in a checkerboard pattern, arranged in 2-3 rows. Of course, to achieve full effect, it will take considerable time, but the result will exceed the wildest expectations.
Low-growing shrubs – ideal plants for living border
For zoning of a site (garden) most often use medium-sized (1-2 m high) varieties that will not cover overall perspective. In addition, an evergreen hedge will perform a great backdrop for blooming colorful perennials, such a welcome especially common in Art Nouveau or landscape style gardens.
Strictness and ability to withstand haircut make coniferous fence garden decoration
Tip! To create living hedges make good use of different types of thuja – thanks dense crown, it will be enough to land them in one row, saving space.
Coniferous hedges should be on the north side plot, so as not to create a shadow in the garden and protect it from the wind and snow in winter
Mid-sized conifers are deservedly popular with landscape designers
The design of such a composition provides that a group of plants will be look equally impressive from anywhere in the review. Such compositions are most often placed on lawns, round flower beds and paving openings, following the rules:
- the highest coniferous planted in the center of the composition tree
- around the main element, maintaining the same distance, conifers of lesser height are planted, while their height is the second row should not exceed half, but at the same time not be less than a third of the height of the main conifer
- decorative conifers are selected for the third and fourth row and shrubs with a proportional decrease in height – so that each row emphasized the beauty of the previous ones without hiding them
Not all conifers show frost resistance
Design of a garden with conifers: how to choose neighbors
Coniferous plants go well with deciduous plants and flowers
When designing a garden, you should pay attention to compatibility of plants. Fir and spruce should not be planted next to pines and cedars, the growth of conifers is badly affected adjacent birch and bird cherry – the latter are more active absorb from the soil the nutrients needed by conifers. Blooming roses look very impressive against the background of Christmas trees and thuja, here only such a neighborhood can be fatal for sensitive roses – evergreens significantly oxidize the soil, which may be disastrous for their neighbors. Larch – famous maverick, she cannot stand the presence of others conifers. But for thuja, spruce are undesirable neighbors.
If skyrocketing is undesirable, you can adjust the size plants by constantly pinching his shoots, but do it need regular
Coniferous plants go well with cereals, flowers (especially lilies) and deciduous plants. Coniferous shrubs will look picturesque near ponds where they will be company deciduous weeping plants. Intense greens thuja with gray a shade of needles with small spotted spots will become excellent photon for junipers.
Conifers on the bank of the pond look natural and magnificent
To make the composition of conifers look spectacular and harmoniously, its design should include the following factors:
- the best background for conifers is a regular well-kept lawn
Neat lawn – a great background for conifers and shrubs
- to the composition of their conifers (both trees and shrubs) looked harmonious and holistic, a place for the best view (location of the gazebo or observation deck) should be located at a distance of not less than 2 lengths of the composition
- the most spectacular in landscape design is the location conifers oriented west or east
- geometric shapes – good in landscape design use the principle of contrast, for example, arrange pyramidal high conifers next to one of the undersized spherical species of thuja. This arrangement of trees of different heights will help to achieve some visual effects – against the background undersized mountain pines some even medium-sized thuja will look very tall
Coniferous trees and bushes are ideal material for curly haircuts, with the help of which they acquire geometric and fantastic forms
Tip! By posting in the garden decorative conifers, it should be borne in mind that they are enough intensively grow in breadth, absorbing their surroundings space.
Creating ensembles, it is necessary to consider not only the color of the plant, but also his height in adulthood, as well as the shape of his crown
Coniferous trees: design based on color compositions
Conifers vary significantly in color – even if left in blue spruce side, then the color of their needles fills the whole gamut shades of green. Variations of shades (photos emphasize this) allow using them to revitalize the site, creating interesting color solutions. But at the same time, creating a composition, it is very important to form correct color scheme:
Listen to recommendations and tips to your site it was becoming more beautiful, and the time spent on it would deliver you pleasure
- for compositions consisting of three components, it is necessary to choose decorative plants of two colors
- five elements may contain three different shades of green
Conifers can vary significantly in color
- miniature forest design may include longline alternation of light and dark shades of needles
A beautiful decoration of the garden is the golden thuja thuja
- in large compositions (from 25 elements) plants are necessary group in three groups of seedlings (specimen), picking when they are uniform color for all
A popular coniferous shrub in landscape design is juniper
- in addition to needles, which have interesting shades, conifers can boast and decorative fruits. These are not only bumps, hanging down in bountiful clusters. Thuja look very picturesque red berries that are especially to the place in winter, adding to the garden new year mood
Bright yew fruits
- especially decorative cones in Korean fir – purplish violet. For all types of fir cones do not hang down, as in other conifers, but stand on a branch like candles
Fir cones, unlike other conifers, grow up
Varieties of conifers with colored needles – in fact, very difficult element for the garden. They look very attractive in the photo in specialized magazines, but their selection requires skills in otherwise, the design of the site may turn into a clumsy vague abstraction. Consider the example of thuja – they are better planted in the fall, at that very moment the brightness of the leaves of neighboring plants will help to correctly select and arrange color accents.
Garden design using conifers, tips specialists, the names of the best varieties, the rules of planting and care – see the video in detail